What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6039 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #90571
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
Granted, the whole body is part of the ground anyway, so it's just not that easy... but ... if some a-hole is messin' with your car, they deserve whatever shock and bodily damage they get! (Then again.. here in Texas we take protecting our personal property a bit more seriously than you folks in California )
I grew up next door to Texas and have been using a firearm of some sort since I was in the third grade. CA or not, wanna come messing around with my personal property against my wishes, you do so at the extreme risk of perforation of some sort, but thanks for the stereotype.

Also thanks for missing my oh so obvious point which was not about his protecting his personal property, but his highly misinformed methodology. A 12v car battery simply won't shock you and you can prove it by touching both terminals at the same time. Only the ignorant think that can work. If you would like to get a capacitor or coil and hook it up to the battery to drive the voltage up high enough to do some good, that will work, but otherwise, not so much.

All you need to do is make sure some lady out for a stroll with her munchkins doesn't lose control of them long enough to let them enjoy your vandal deterrent. That would be a really crappy way to lose your rig.

Unread 11-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #90572
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I grew up next door to Texas and have been using a firearm of some sort since I was in the third grade. CA or not, wanna come messing around with my personal property against my wishes, you do so at the extreme risk of perforation of some sort, but thanks for the stereotype.

Also thanks for missing my oh so obvious point which was not about his protecting his personal property, but his highly misinformed methodology. A 12v car battery simply won't shock you and you can prove it by touching both terminals at the same time. Only the ignorant think that can work. If you would like to get a capacitor or coil and hook it up to the battery to drive the voltage up high enough to do some good, that will work, but otherwise, not so much.

All you need to do is make sure some lady out for a stroll with her munchkins doesn't lose control of them long enough to let them enjoy your vandal deterrent. That would be a really crappy way to lose your rig.

he needs one of these
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #90573
stickytrails
1997 TJ Wrangler 

1) Did a half hour break in for my rebuilt 4.0L. Took me two weeks to figure out my timing issue!
2) Put insurance on it.
stickytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #90574
dunkeye11
1996 ZJ 

Found others on campus
Then replaced my rusty mirrors and added some tow hooks
image-170559302.jpg

dunkeye11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #90575
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Recieved new skid plate nutserts from mr.blaine... Gonna spend tomorrow repairing the two that are spinning on Mr.0IIIIIII0's TJ.

Yay for me.

If that goes well, I may be cutting the stock fenders down in to flatties. Been going back and forth on that.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #90576
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Recieved new skid plate nutserts from mr.blaine... Gonna spend tomorrow repairing the two that are spinning on Mr.0IIIIIII0's TJ.

Yay for me.

If that goes well, I may be cutting the stock fenders down in to flatties. Been going back and forth on that.

Sent from my TJ
do it i like mine for now until i hiline id like to get the mce fenders on top of them

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #90577
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Finally installed a new HVAC mode switch that a forum member was nice enough to send me... Still only blowing from the defrost, but now I have another problem as a result of it. I think the shaft might have been longer on the switch that he sent me, because the knob won't fit back on. I can hold the knob on the shaft to select different modes, but the knob itself won't sit flush inside the opening enough to stay on. Did I do something silly wrong? You can only install the switch one way.

Any input on why it's STILL only blowing through the defrosters would be absolutely fantastic. Temp's have been in the low 20's and 30's at night here already, and will surely get much colder as we get into the winter. This is something I can't put off any longer. I'm going to look for an entire new non-a/c HVAC unit in the meantime.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've found why speed 4 has never worked. The plug on the inside of the speed switch is clearly melted. I guess I'll add that to the ever growing list of things I need just to make my TJ...normal.
When mine did that there was s vacuum leak under the hood right by the fire wall.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #90578
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89
do it i like mine for now until i hiline id like to get the mce fenders on top of them
Exactly what I had in mind. I'd like to use some 2" LED parking/turn lights I found on amazon, just realized I never got around to ordering them so I might have to push this project off for a little bit. Sent from my TJ

Just curious, how much lift/tire are you running? Looks to be about the same as me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #90579
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post

sick looking setup, i like it
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #90580
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Now I'm having serious starter issues... but I can't seem to find any information about anyone having a similar issue. I've heard the typical click and/or grinding noises when dealing with a starter issue, but mine is drastically different. It makes a noise that's really hard to describe. I guess it sounds like something is spinning and not catching, but there's no clicking. It's almost an electrical noise.

My battery is new, and I'm certain it's not an issue with my battery.

I don't have a multimeter or anything, but has anyone heard this scenario before? Is it safe to assume it's an issue with the starter and that I'm not going to be wasting my money if I pick one up and install? Never done a starter in a TJ. Easy to access?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #90581
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Now I'm having serious starter issues... but I can't seem to find any information about anyone having a similar issue. I've heard the typical click and/or grinding noises when dealing with a starter issue, but mine is drastically different. It makes a noise that's really hard to describe. I guess it sounds like something is spinning and not catching, but there's no clicking. It's almost an electrical noise.

My battery is new, and I'm certain it's not an issue with my battery.

I don't have a multimeter or anything, but has anyone heard this scenario before? Is it safe to assume it's an issue with the starter and that I'm not going to be wasting my money if I pick one up and install? Never done a starter in a TJ. Easy to access?
The starter is super easy to change out on the TJ. I did mine. Its like a 15 minute job if that. I replaced my dead starter with an autozone one and have had no problems yet (knock on wood.) They come with a warranty. And if it doesn't fix your problem, then just bring it back and get your money back. The guys at my local store actually told me that I could do that.
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #90582
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Magnetos work though.....
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #90583
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Now I'm having serious starter issues... but I can't seem to find any information about anyone having a similar issue. I've heard the typical click and/or grinding noises when dealing with a starter issue, but mine is drastically different. It makes a noise that's really hard to describe. I guess it sounds like something is spinning and not catching, but there's no clicking. It's almost an electrical noise. My battery is new, and I'm certain it's not an issue with my battery. I don't have a multimeter or anything, but has anyone heard this scenario before? Is it safe to assume it's an issue with the starter and that I'm not going to be wasting my money if I pick one up and install? Never done a starter in a TJ. Easy to access?
Ive had that noise. I was trying to clean all the oil out of my engine after my rollover.

I was cranking the engine with the spark plugs pulled, distributer disconnected, and the fuel pump off.

My bets are somethings up with your distributer... But im no genius when it comes to engine trouble. Good luck!
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #90584
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Ive had that noise. I was trying to clean all the oil out of my engine after my rollover.

I was cranking the engine with the spark plugs pulled, distributer disconnected, and the fuel pump off.

My bets are somethings up with your distributer... But im no genius when it comes to engine trouble. Good luck!
Thanks guys!

The reason why I'm betting on a starter issue is because it used to do it every once in a while when it was cold.. Now it's getting to be more an more of an issue to where I almost can't get it to start anymore. I don't know anything about distributors.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #90585
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

rode my bike to school to finish some machine lab work and saw this thing sitting outside this dudes awesome shop

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.