What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6038 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #90556
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
You've got a vacuum leak. Follow the vacuum hoses that go through the firewall.
When mine was doing that, a hose had just popped off a nipple. Popped it back on and instantly fixed.

Hopefully it's not cracked.

Sent from my TJ
We checked the lines pretty well and couldn't find any holes or cracks... however, I did notice my TJ has a fresh crack in the manifold. I'm not a rocket scientist, but now that I'm thinking about it, that could be the cause, couldn't it? lol

'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #90557
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
We checked the lines pretty well and couldn't find any holes or cracks... however, I did notice my TJ has a fresh crack in the manifold. I'm not a rocket scientist, but now that I'm thinking about it, that could be the cause, couldn't it? lol
I'm no expert, but maybe? Sent from my TJ

Edit- did you check on the little vacuum actuator things that make the doors move for the bent directors behind the dash? That's where mine was disconnected.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #90558
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97
Some girls at my college put & left my jeep in neutral in the parking garage one night...after, & I quote: "omg, you have a jeep? That's crazy, me & my friend like totally sat in a jeep with no doors in the garage one night & like shifted gears & took pictures" ....I will say, I did manage to stay calm when I heard this & thankfully the jeep didn't move much Sent by a messenger bird
Dude, I feel for ya, people keep jacking with my rig at school... I swear I'm gonna hook my battery up to the body one of these days.
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #90559
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen

Dude, I feel for ya, people keep jacking with my rig at school... I swear I'm gonna hook my battery up to the body one of these days.
I had someone go through my jeep last night. Apparently the glovebox got left open (cough cough dad). Luckily there was nothing valuable in there. ******* thief left the glovebox open and my manual on the seat.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #90560
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen View Post
You oughta learn sum about batteries before you do that. Better yet, go grab both terminals at the same time and figure out how harmless your planned deterrent really is.
Unread 11-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #90561
exhooah
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Walked into the garage and smiled at it, after my brother-in-law called to say his 2012 Rubicon Unlimited with 43k miles was back in the shop with another "engine issue".
exhooah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #90562
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You oughta learn sum about batteries before you do that. Better yet, go grab both terminals at the same time and figure out how harmless your planned deterrent really is.
Granted, the whole body is part of the ground anyway, so it's just not that easy... but ... if some a-hole is messin' with your car, they deserve whatever shock and bodily damage they get! (Then again.. here in Texas we take protecting our personal property a bit more seriously than you folks in California )
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #90563
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, no one in Cali takes their personal property seriously

Genius...
Tonellin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #90564
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got the other CA arm retapped using a tap and adj wrench and got a zerk in it. All that's left is to get over to JCJeep97's house and get them greased and I will be squeak free.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #90565
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
Yes, no one in Cali takes their personal property seriously

Genius...
Don't confuse him. He's from Texas.
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #90566
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Finally got the other CA arm retapped using a tap and adj wrench and got a zerk in it. All that's left is to get over to JCJeep97's house and get them greased and I will be squeak free.

Until those control arm ends start cracking the mounts on the frame and axles...
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #90567
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Until those control arm ends start cracking the mounts on the frame and axles...
The other end is a Duroflex joint. I have wheeled plenty of times on double sided bushing joints with no issue, and have never had an issue with these. The Duro is on the frame side, bushing on axle, and I think it's going to have a pretty hard time breaking the 1/4" Artec axle mounts.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #90568
fourbanger97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Picked up a set of 33s today
fourbanger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #90569
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
The other end is a Duroflex joint. I have wheeled plenty of times on double sided bushing joints with no issue, and have never had an issue with these. The Duro is on the frame side, bushing on axle, and I think it's going to have a pretty hard time breaking the 1/4" Artec axle mounts.
Your bushing on the axle end of the control arm doesn't relieve the stress applied to the mount that its installed in, that also puts additional stress on the Duroflex joint... IMO
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #90570
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead View Post
Your bushing on the axle end of the control arm doesn't relieve the stress applied to the mount that its installed in, that also puts additional stress on the Duroflex joint... IMO
The only stress it would produce that the Duroflex can't counter is side to side lateral stress, due to the fact the bushing can't rotate side to side. However, I do not see that ever being significant enough to damage the stock frame mount. The rotational stresses will be much more significant but the rotation from the Duro joint will handle those. It doesn't provide nearly as much stress as the double bushing arms they replaced. These are not permanent anyways. Just have to last me another year or two until I can gather the supplies needed to stretch and 4 link the rear end.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE

Quote:

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.