What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6037 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #90541
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

Almost savvy. A savvy version would recognize that two small screws into thin sheet metal is not quite as good as two larger fine thread machine screws into nutserts. It's also slightly more savvy if you keep the height tucked down as low to the dash as possible for better viewing sorta like this.
What did that mount cost though? I built mine from a scrap piece of aluminum i had laying on the shelf....Mine is sturdy it doesn't move at all, and with it sitting behind the registration and inspection stickers the view isn't anymore obstructed than it normally is

Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #90542
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navydoc1 View Post
What did that mount cost though? I built mine from a scrap piece of aluminum i had laying on the shelf....Mine is sturdy it doesn't move at all, and with it sitting behind the registration and inspection stickers the view isn't anymore obstructed than it normally is
I have no idea what it cost. I made it from some scrap sheet metal I had laying in the shop, a vise, a hammer, and a bit of welding. My wife has a friend with a powder coat shop and she got it coated for 10 bucks.

As far as the view, you are probably taller than the 64" or so that my wife is, so keeping it as low as possible was paramount.
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #90543
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine

I have no idea what it cost. I made it from some scrap sheet metal I had laying in the shop, a vise, a hammer, and a bit of welding. My wife has a friend with a powder coat shop and she got it coated for 10 bucks.

As far as the view, you are probably taller than the 64" or so that my wife is, so keeping it as low as possible was paramount.
Really nice job on the design, I thought it was a piece like rugged ridge sells. Yeah at 6'1 I don't have any problem seeing over the cb.
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #90544
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally replacing the mtr's on the front of my jeep with Duratracs... Been a hell of a month. New tires for the wife, broken shock, worn out skid plate nutserts, leaking tranny seal, flat tire...

Is it December yet?!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #90545
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Was out cruising around in the slush and saw a sweet yj on the road that I have never seen before I wonder where it was hiding
Sorry double post
image-486904749.jpg

Cptjeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #90546
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Was out cruising around in the slush and I saw a sweet yj that I have never seen before, I wonder where it was hiding....on another note saw about 10 stock Jk's lol
image-3527699771.jpg

Unread 11-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #90547
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjeeves
Was out cruising around in the slush and saw a sweet yj on the road that I have never seen before I wonder where it was hiding Sorry double post
Is he running tj doors?

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #90548
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hemmed and hawed of whether I should buy a diff spreader for my forthcoming HPD30 regear. I am not only regearing but also putting in an ARB (RD100). The reason for the indecision is that I have read that you need to go with a higher carrier preload to ensure that the carrier doesn't leak under load. I guess because of the size of the diff it has a tendency to flex a bit causing enough deflection that could cause the carrier to leak. However I am unsure if this occurs on the new model or was a older (RD30) model issue that was resolved.
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #90549
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post

Is he running tj doors?

Sent from my TJ
Looks like it's got the windbreaker to me

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #90550
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally installed a new HVAC mode switch that a forum member was nice enough to send me... Still only blowing from the defrost, but now I have another problem as a result of it. I think the shaft might have been longer on the switch that he sent me, because the knob won't fit back on. I can hold the knob on the shaft to select different modes, but the knob itself won't sit flush inside the opening enough to stay on. Did I do something silly wrong? You can only install the switch one way.

Any input on why it's STILL only blowing through the defrosters would be absolutely fantastic. Temp's have been in the low 20's and 30's at night here already, and will surely get much colder as we get into the winter. This is something I can't put off any longer. I'm going to look for an entire new non-a/c HVAC unit in the meantime.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've found why speed 4 has never worked. The plug on the inside of the speed switch is clearly melted. I guess I'll add that to the ever growing list of things I need just to make my TJ...normal.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #90551
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Spent half the day trying to track down some vibes. Thought it was the rear, so I pulled that shaft. Then I pulled the front. Then pulled both. The vibe was there with either shaft in, but gone with both out. Also greased the front CV. Set it on 4 jack stands to see where the vibes were coming from. All 4 of my soft 8's. Great. I've been wanting some pro comp 8069's anyways.
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #90552
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla
Finally installed a new HVAC mode switch that a forum member was nice enough to send me... Still only blowing from the defrost, but now I have another problem as a result of it. I think the shaft might have been longer on the switch that he sent me, because the knob won't fit back on. I can hold the knob on the shaft to select different modes, but the knob itself won't sit flush inside the opening enough to stay on. Did I do something silly wrong? You can only install the switch one way. Any input on why it's STILL only blowing through the defrosters would be absolutely fantastic. Temp's have been in the low 20's and 30's at night here already, and will surely get much colder as we get into the winter. This is something I can't put off any longer. I'm going to look for an entire new non-a/c HVAC unit in the meantime. Also, I'm pretty sure I've found why speed 4 has never worked. The plug on the inside of the speed switch is clearly melted. I guess I'll add that to the ever growing list of things I need just to make my TJ...normal.
You've got a vacuum leak. Follow the vacuum hoses that go through the firewall.
When mine was doing that, a hose had just popped off a nipple. Popped it back on and instantly fixed.

Hopefully it's not cracked.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #90553
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't seen my TJ for days, much less done anything to it.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #90554
Cptjeeves
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Is he running tj doors?

Sent from my TJ
not to sure unfortunately i didn't get to meet the guy driving it
Unread 11-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #90555
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj
Looks like it's got the windbreaker to me Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

You're right... I thought the YJ doors were angled in the back corner... Google proves me wrong.

Sent from my TJ
- Samuel Adams

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.