What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6031 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #90451
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just crop the pic till it accepts it, that's what I do

Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #90452
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just use photobucket.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #90453
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What a crap Saturday... Intended to drop the wife at work, swing by the Jobsite to snap some progress photos, then tackle her leaking tranny output seal. Got her to work, then swung in to the site. I snapped the pics and went to turn around. I start to hear something grind. Figuring it was just some scrub running along the skid I kept going. Well, about 10' it didn't stop, but got worse. I jump out and find this... That's 6x6 welded wire fabric. It's spun up around the shaft. If you don't know, that's used to reinforce concrete slabs, so not easy to cut. This being her jeep, all I had was the mechanic tool kit I insist she carry. After an hour I had made a hole big enough to get a socket in and pulled the driveshaft off. Another hour and I had worked the clump off... Got home and started to work on the seal. 2 of the six bolts holding the skid brook the nutserts loose and had to be cut off. I got all but 3 of the t-case to tranny bolts out and just couldn't get the last 3 loose no matter what I did. So, I lost all my daylight, and it looks like I'm gonna have to go find some new nutserts to replace the broken ones and reassemble it and drop it at the mechanic. I've gotta leave town in the morning and can't leave her stranded. Gotta love it... Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #90454
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Put the winter tires on. She looks so sad on 31's from 33 KM2s. Especially with the Metal cloaks.

Other thing I realized was that when I built my rear bumper, I had spaced the tire carrier to fit the 33's but hadn't thought of the winters (more like forgot about them). The winters have a different backspacing so they are hitting the frame way too soon. I flipped it backwards but at some point I will have to fix that. Shouldn't be a big deal since it is adjustable as I had used a 2" receiver. I will probably fix it at the same time I swap my speedo gear. Just a little too wet and cold to get under her to do it.
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #90455
lone_wolf77
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Last night gave it a good wash. Decided to take it for a long drive. Ended up running over a raccoon and almost hit a deer.
lone_wolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #90456
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
What a crap Saturday... Intended to drop the wife at work, swing by the Jobsite to snap some progress photos, then tackle her leaking tranny output seal. Got her to work, then swung in to the site. I snapped the pics and went to turn around. I start to hear something grind. Figuring it was just some scrub running along the skid I kept going. Well, about 10' it didn't stop, but got worse. I jump out and find this... That's 6x6 welded wire fabric. It's spun up around the shaft. If you don't know, that's used to reinforce concrete slabs, so not easy to cut. This being her jeep, all I had was the mechanic tool kit I insist she carry. After an hour I had made a hole big enough to get a socket in and pulled the driveshaft off. Another hour and I had worked the clump off... Got home and started to work on the seal. 2 of the six bolts holding the skid brook the nutserts loose and had to be cut off. I got all but 3 of the t-case to tranny bolts out and just couldn't get the last 3 loose no matter what I did. So, I lost all my daylight, and it looks like I'm gonna have to go find some new nutserts to replace the broken ones and reassemble it and drop it at the mechanic. I've gotta leave town in the morning and can't leave her stranded. Gotta love it... Sent from my TJ
Wow dude I have been there more than once. Barbed wire around my axle, I was able to untangle pretty easy. A wad of rusty chain link around my rear driveshaft/axle/diff, broke my TC output clean off.

On topic, just downloaded me a printable FSM for 2004. Don't know why I waited so long. Invaluable.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #90457
powerstroke01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Put on some new wiper blades this morning. About to go out and grease everything. Anyone got some suggestions as to what I should use?
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #90458
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
... some suggestions as to what I should use?
Grease.
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #90459
Rubicon0311
Trust me, I'm a pilot

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
Grease.
Boy, you're really helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
Put on some new wiper blades this morning. About to go out and grease everything. Anyone got some suggestions as to what I should use?

Best grease I would suggest is Mobil 1 synthetic grease. Look on the back of the grease tubes. You should see a symbol on the back like the pic below. Give's you a good idea of what to run with.
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #90460
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So some random ******* decided to screw with my Jeep. No vandalism per se, they just unlatched my tire carrier while I was getting haircut.

How do I know? Because I have to kick the damned thing to shut and I did that before I left the driveway.

Damn it. Back to pre-flight inspections again.

Sent from the second level of Hell.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #667
irnmadn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #90461
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just got back from a trip to Hollister Hills. Couple interesting things happened...

Took Sarge through about 2/3 of the old obstacle course which was fun. Destroyed my front tie-rod though (ZJ upgrade in very near future)...

Then took the jeep through the jungle trail which was SICK. Definitely thought I'd end up on my side. Totally worth it though. I'd never been on a trail like that.

Later we went over to check out truck hill and this idiot in a side by side was screwing around alone pissing off the club because he was obviously wasted. He finally went away... Ten minutes he comes back going just as fast, this time carrying a miniature poodle in his left hand... One of my club members was in a obstacle which apparently annoyed the guy. He tried to drop into it in front of us while giving us all the death stare. Basically his side by side ended up on its side... And at some point he dropped the poodle out the side.

It got pinned underneath the rocker.

About six of us jumped down and pushed him back up. After handing him back his squealing dog he took off again without saying a word. Club president went over to tell him he shouldn't be driving drunk because he'll end up hurting someone or his own dog. He ended up cussing us out and peeling off with the dog in his arms...

Basically he paralyzed his dog and it ruined our day.
thedaringmove is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #90462
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Pics from the trip

(I was trying to crawl out the window) pic shows how tight of a squeeze that trail was. Super cool. At some points we were angled over 45 degrees with less than 3 inches between the walls and my hardtop
image-1246929129.jpg

image-3881351179.jpg

image-3510569903.jpg

image-963723791.jpg

image-1734257718.jpg

thedaringmove is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #90463
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Reassembled the wife's TJ for the time being. Unsuccessful at replacing the tranny seal.

I've got it all back together, but can only secure 4 of the 6 bolts that support the tranny/t-case. It'll get the wife the 4 miles to work and back until the nutsert replacements come it. I'm open to suggestions for a "band-aid" fix if anyone's got a suggestion in the meantime. It ties in to the engine skid and I can't move it with all my weight on it.
I've told her to drive it like it's made out of glass. No quick starts or aggressive driving for the next couple days.

Damn I hate nutserts.

Topped off the tranny fluid, greased all the u-joints, discovered her control arm bushings are in need of grease.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #90464
HyTronix
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Engine...

What I did today:

Got the engine completely undressed so I can pull it tomorrow. As some of you may have seen from my other thread, I shattered a piston skirt, so out it comes. Many, many bolts were so corroded I ended up cutting them off with a die grinder. What a PITA.

Still not sure if I want to stroke the 4.0 out to a 4.6ish or not... But in any event, I'll be in tear-down mode tomorrow.

-John
HyTronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #90465
splumer
2005 KJ Liberty 

Took off half of my son's gas tank skid plat, which he tore up wheeling over the weekend. He also apparently broke his fuel line and the wiring to the pump, but I haven't looked at that yet. I wanted to get the fuel tank off the driveway first.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.