Removed one lca at a time and checked the cartridge joints to make sure they were tight. Did some maintenance on them the other day, and they were barely tighter then "hand tight". According to RE, they need to be checked and torqued, as they will loosen as things wear. Mine were also really dry, with traces of water/moisture. I also noticed score marks on the ball/races from being dry. Ever since then, I was advised to try to tighten them more every few hundred miles, especially since I went almost a year without maintaining them. I was happy to find they were still as tight as they were when I reassembled them a few days ago. So no more abnormal wear. I didn't take any pics today, but I never posted any when I took them apart, so ill post those. My RE arms have been trouble free, and I'd like to keep them that way.
The little grease they did have, wasn't very "grease like"
Pretend this was taken today during my inspection
Btw its damn near impossible to take these apart and put them back together using a punch, and not smack your hand at least 10 times. And yes, my front lowers are adjustable, and rear lowers are fixed(got the fixed ones for $150 from work. Was a non stock order, customer never came back to buy them, and they couldn't be returned to our supplier. So I bought them).
Also tonight, I'll be under the jeep with simple green and a rag, cleaning nasty oil/grime spots from the trans/case/axles. Im hoping to be able to throw a little paint on the frame and axles this weekend. I figured I might as well clean up all the crap from when my trans was leaking. Not looking forward to it...