What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6023 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #90331
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142 View Post
What is it? Lol I know an off road club. But is it a state thing? A college thing?
Its a college club at Nc state university.. im also a founding member. I am Extremely excited about it!

Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #90332
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Whoo! We're official baby!!!
Congrats
thedaringmove is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #90333
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep keeps on dying while driving. I've been stranded twice and it wouldn't start. I keep getting p0320. Something abt the crank position sensor.

I fixed two of the obvious problems: negative battery terminal has been broken for awhile and the spark plugs were way overdue.

image-2353644895.jpg

image-487737577.jpg

All of these electrical gremlins started since I hydrolocked the motor during a water crossing last weekend.
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #90334
TJ-Mike-00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I spent most of the morning replacing the exhaust manifold. Yep it took me and buddy 5 hours. (I'm slow)
I used a Dorman OE Replacement. I was surprised that they had redesigned there manifolds to be the
same thickness as the intake

The last one I put on was more of a PITA then the redesigned one. I didn't have to grind or use a spacer to get the intake
to seal up to the head. Total cost was $74 bucks through parts geek.
TJ-Mike-00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #90335
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
My Jeep keeps on dying while driving. I've been stranded twice and it wouldn't start. I keep getting p0320. Something abt the crank position sensor.

I fixed two of the obvious problems: negative battery terminal has been broken for awhile and the spark plugs were way overdue.

Attachment 821289

Attachment 821297

All of these electrical gremlins started since I hydrolocked the motor during a water crossing last weekend.
Since you're getting that CPS code go ahead and replace it. Fairly cheap and it will cause the engine to die since it has to do with the timing. Happened to me on the highway.

OT: Finally figured out my rear speaker problem. The PO wired in a bridge wire combining the two rear speakers, most likely because the stock head unit couldn't push enough power to the aftermarket speakers. Cut that out and redid the wire and walla, speakers sound great.
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #90336
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
Since you're getting that CPS code go ahead and replace it. Fairly cheap and it will cause the engine to die since it has to do with the timing. Happened to me on the highway.
Yeah I'm hoping the fragged battery terminal and the absolutely destroyed spark plugs caused the code and all the problems. I suppose if I end up stranded on the side of the highway again tomorrow, I will replace the CPS with a MOPAR part.
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #90337
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
Yeah I'm hoping the fragged battery terminal and the absolutely destroyed spark plugs caused the code and all the problems. I suppose if I end up stranded on the side of the highway again tomorrow, I will replace the CPS with a MOPAR part.
I honestly think that is your problem. I can't see how those other problems could cause that code.
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #90338
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Received today:
Timken bearing hubs
Spicer ball joints
Spicer 5-760x u-joints.
I put the u-joints into what will now be my spare axle shafts which were the ones that came with the HP30.
Sad thing though is the ball joints are made here in Canada but are cheaper when bought from the States.
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #90339
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
I honestly think that is your problem. I can't see how those other problems could cause that code.
You're probably right. Looks like my ride to work might be really interesting tomorrow morning. Ugh...

I would figure that if that sensor was worthless then the motor wouldn't be able to start again though... It "seems" to be starting fine. I took it for a test drive and everything after changing the spark plugs. The motor started over and over again. Meh... We shall see!
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #90340
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wow that spark plug
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #90341
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Whoo! We're official baby!!!
That is stellar! I really want to start one at my school (UMaine). Think it would be awesome.

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #90342
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225 View Post
That is stellar! I really want to start one at my school (UMaine). Think it would be awesome.
Go for it man. It has been fun and I've met a lot of great people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #90343
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ya I gotta get on it. I've looked into the paperwork involved a little bit and it doesn't sound too terrible lol

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #90344
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225 View Post
Ya I gotta get on it. I've looked into the paperwork involved a little bit and it doesn't sound too terrible lol
We arranged it in 2 2 hour meetings. ljcrawler05 on here volunteered to write the constitution in between meetings so that was a huge help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #90345
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Realized the battery was dead after the wife drove it to the store last night. She left the dome light on, and with 5% tint on the front doors, nobody noticed. Jumped the jeep off this morning, ran like total ****. Went to leave work tonight, and the battery was dead again. Few minutes with a dmm confirmed the alternator was charging, and the battery was shot. Luckily, a coworker had his truck and trailer ready, as he was about to head to McDonough to pick up his mustang. Loaded her up(the jeep), and swung in at Oreillys. The dead battery was closing in on 6yrs old, and had a dead cell. Put in a new battery, and all was well. We dropped the jeep off at my house, and I rode with the coworker to help pick up his car. We decided we were now even, because it took some creative jacking skills to get a fox body mustang onto the trailer without ripping the intercooler off.

Also, I made a new wheeling buddy, and created access to a tow rig/trailer. I just had to promise him that if something breaks, I won't make him do anything besides hold a flashlight and hand me tools

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.