What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6015 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #90211
06flex
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went to autozone for some door jam switches (previous owner was unaware of the #4 fuse). I bought them and opened the box and thought they were way to long, so I returned them and went to the dealership. I paid an extra $4 a piece for them and got to the jeep and realized they were too long too. I walked back in and the guy checked and said they were the right ones. So I walked back out to the jeep and installed them. I then slammed the door, thinking I was going to take the broken switch back into the parts guy, to my surprise the switch self adjusted to the right size. I drove home feeling dumb but happy to have interior lights that come on at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You didn't correct the problem, you only worked around the real problem.
06flex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #90212
strghtedg21
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Took her out for the first time. Maiden voyage. Some dirt and rock creek back trails. Learned that with 33" and 3.07 that 4Lo is my best of friends. Saving for my rear Ford 8.8 and 4.10 regear.
strghtedg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #90213
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Philly rush hour in a manual lifted jeep on 33's...SUUUUUCKS! But I did enjoy all the goofy looks I got from driving a mudded out jeep on the freeway
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #90214
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Rather than do schoolwork, I got up and went to Lowes for some stuff. I replaced 2 of the skid bolts that fell out between the last time I replaced them and now. I locktited those bad boys in this time so they better not come out again.

Also replaced the random CA bolt that somehow ended up in the mix and doesn't fit right. Now it has a grade 8 9/16" bolt/nut and washers on it. Sucks that I had to go buy it because I have a whole set of 9/16" Grade 8 CA bolts at home just waiting to replace all the stock hardware but I'm up in Raleigh and won't be home for a while. Busted a rachet strap trying to get that damn CA back in line but after backing onto the curb and taking up 2 parking spots, I finally got it all back together.

Also managed to get a new zerk in one of the arms but couldn't get the other side to thread in to save my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #90215
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt4422 View Post
Well I guess third times the charm... I've been in three wrecks with the jeep and have never taken damage until the third. So now I've been jeep less for about a month and a half during the years perfect top down weather. And boy does it suck.

Doesn't look like any damage but the grill in dented in, radiator is toast, and my driver side control arm bracket was ripped almost completely off.
3 accidents with your Jeep? You need to lose your drivers license.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #90216
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strghtedg21 View Post
Took her out for the first time. Maiden voyage. Some dirt and rock creek back trails. Learned that with 33" and 3.07 that 4Lo is my best of friends. Saving for my rear Ford 8.8 and 4.10 regear.
Curious why you'd pay to regear to 4.10 if you've got 33's and plan to keep them... Why not go to 4.56?

Maybe your 8.8 is 4.10 already and you just want to make the front match? That's all I can come up with.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #90217
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I spent an hour outside and in pouring rain to swap out my new to me, 1/2 doors to full doors. Lolz
I woulda been done sooner but I had to adjust the driver side door striker, and the rain kept pelting my face. Lolz

I need to rekey the doors still but I now have roll up windows. ! Whoo hoo!
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #90218
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Rather than do schoolwork, I got up and went to Lowes for some stuff. I replaced 2 of the skid bolts that fell out between the last time I replaced them and now. I locktited those bad boys in this time so they better not come out again. Also replaced the random CA bolt that somehow ended up in the mix and doesn't fit right. Now it has a grade 8 9/16" bolt/nut and washers on it. Sucks that I had to go buy it because I have a whole set of 9/16" Grade 8 CA bolts at home just waiting to replace all the stock hardware but I'm up in Raleigh and won't be home for a while. Busted a rachet strap trying to get that damn CA back in line but after backing onto the curb and taking up 2 parking spots, I finally got it all back together. Also managed to get a new zerk in one of the arms but couldn't get the other side to thread in to save my life.
i feel you pain my friend, I went through the whole "what do I need to do to make this thing line up??" My best advise is to get a lashing strap and put it sound the axle an somewhere on the frame B4! You pull the bolt. Then just push on the s
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #90219
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Rather than do schoolwork, I got up and went to Lowes for some stuff. I replaced 2 of the skid bolts that fell out between the last time I replaced them and now. I locktited those bad boys in this time so they better not come out again. Also replaced the random CA bolt that somehow ended up in the mix and doesn't fit right. Now it has a grade 8 9/16" bolt/nut and washers on it. Sucks that I had to go buy it because I have a whole set of 9/16" Grade 8 CA bolts at home just waiting to replace all the stock hardware but I'm up in Raleigh and won't be home for a while. Busted a rachet strap trying to get that damn CA back in line but after backing onto the curb and taking up 2 parking spots, I finally got it all back together. Also managed to get a new zerk in one of the arms but couldn't get the other side to thread in to save my life.
i know your pain brotha, put the strap on b4 you pull the bolt, you'll have a better day lol
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #90220
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i know ur pain brotha lol, try putting the strap on b4 you pull the bolt
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #90221
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the bugs worked out in the trailer and drug it all over the county .
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #90222
Flight370
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I got a free Python 2-way remote start/alarm system installed. My wife traded in her Honda lease and they were supposed to return her remote start but somehow lost it. Since her new lease was a stick shift, they replaced it with a new one and put it in my Jeep. The guy who installed it owns a Jeep so he did a really good job. Since the doors aren't powered, he put an alarm contact under the hood. Now if anyone opens a door or the hood the alarm will go off, plus it'll page me on the keyring. I can also set the alarm to silent so it'll only notify me instead of sounding the alarm. About 4 years ago someone tried to steal my jeep. They punched the door lock and the ignition but couldn't get it started. I was in the movies inside the mall. Too bad I didn't have the alarm back then. Also, the remote start feature is pretty cool. I'm moving to Denver in March so it'll come in real handy.
Flight370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #90223
strghtedg21
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Curious why you'd pay to regear to 4.10 if you've got 33's and plan to keep them... Why not go to 4.56?

Maybe your 8.8 is 4.10 already and you just want to make the front match? That's all I can come up with.
Well, its not final. 3.07 is a porker. It's a DD with lots flat freeway. From what ive seen, 4.10 with a 6cyl auto is pretty ideal. Possible to go to 4.56 but I do desert runs, I don't rock crawl much so I think the lower gear may not serve me purpose. Don't plan on going with larger tires either..
strghtedg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #90224
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strghtedg21 View Post
Well, its not final. 3.07 is a porker. It's a DD with lots flat freeway. From what ive seen, 4.10 with a 6cyl auto is pretty ideal. Possible to go to 4.56 but I do desert runs, I don't rock crawl much so I think the lower gear may not serve me purpose. Don't plan on going with larger tires either..
Sounds like you did your research quite well...
Unread 11-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #90225
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
3 accidents with your Jeep? You need to lose your drivers license.
That or he needs better brakes

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.