What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6007 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #90091
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahnPaters View Post
finally bought my new ball joints, plenty more parts to order soon. but I'm having a seriously hard time deciding on control arms and track bar, I'm only doing front upper and lower adjustable (short arm) and front track bar for now. can't decide whether I should spend the money on the high end stuff (Savvy, Metalcloak, etc), or save $200-$300 and get Rubicon Express... any input?
What ball joints did you go with? If not Spicer then I'd return them(unless they are synergy, or alloys version). Moog or any other parts house special won't be worth your time imo. Ecgs has really good prices on the Spicer ones. I don't get how people don't spend the extra $5 for the spicers. Mine made it 168k, so when it's time I'll go for the option for another 168k miles.

On the arms, I really like the mc, and they are priced pretty good too. The savvy, rokmen, etc are really nice too. Coming from owning re superflex arms, and since that is a brand you are considering, I'd go with rk instead. They are a good bit cheaper per pair, and I prefer their cartridge joint better then the re. The mc ones would be my personal choice, but sometimes you do have to wait a few weeks after ordering before they ship out. I don't mind waiting, hell if you've waited this long, what's a few more weeks

Unread 10-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #90092
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
So, 4 BFF at ko's used, 5 oem wheels, $450.

33x10.50

What do you think?

I need a set to get me through next summer and that doesn't sound too bad to me, but I don't buy many used tires.

Attachment 800362

Attachment 800370

Sent from my TJ
If all 4 have that much tread, they hold air for more then a month, and the wheels ain't bent, I'd say that's pretty good. Im jealous of some of yall, I've seen people get some damn good tires/wheels for cheap, and some barely used parts. Im not so lucky, I don't seem to come across those deals
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #90093
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0
So, 4 BFF at ko's used, 5 oem wheels, $450.

33x10.50

What do you think?

I need a set to get me through next summer and that doesn't sound too bad to me, but I don't buy many used tires.

Sent from my TJ
Doesn't sound too bad. $100 per tire and $10 per wheel. I'd offer $350 and see what he does.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #90094
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie
Doesn't sound too bad. $100 per tire and $10 per wheel. I'd offer $350 and see what he does.
Great minds...

Best part is, I've already sold the wheels lol.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #90095
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post

What ball joints did you go with? If not Spicer then I'd return them(unless they are synergy, or alloys version). Moog or any other parts house special won't be worth your time imo. Ecgs has really good prices on the Spicer ones. I don't get how people don't spend the extra $5 for the spicers. Mine made it 168k, so when it's time I'll go for the option for another 168k miles.

On the arms, I really like the mc, and they are priced pretty good too. The savvy, rokmen, etc are really nice too. Coming from owning re superflex arms, and since that is a brand you are considering, I'd go with rk instead. They are a good bit cheaper per pair, and I prefer their cartridge joint better then the re. The mc ones would be my personal choice, but sometimes you do have to wait a few weeks after ordering before they ship out. I don't mind waiting, hell if you've waited this long, what's a few more weeks
I agree I've got 248k on my original ball joints, I'll replace with Spicer myself...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:35 PM   #90096
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
Alright so I rent a spring compressor and drop the spring finally get the bushing out and what do you know, wrong freakin bushing. So I said screw it. Put the old bushing back in, wasnt in that bad of shape to tell the truth. Must not be my problem. Took everything back for a refund then went and bought this for the hunting trip this weekend. was on sale at HF for $100 and the girl at the front gave me another 10% off. Also got my T-case fluid changed and continued working on my intake. Waiting on the reducing elbow to get here for I can mock it up to make my last cut on the main tube. Then gonna RTV everything together. Man do I feel better now. haha
I was looking at one of those yesterday. It would be very helpful in allowing me to carry four people and our camping gear.... More passengers equals more gas money
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #90097
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0
Great minds... Best part is, I've already sold the wheels lol. Sent from my TJ
Im sure you know but youre taking a risk of ruining the tire's bead by pulling tires off of their rims depending on the age
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #90098
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove
Im sure you know but youre taking a risk of ruining the tire's bead by pulling tires off of their rims depending on the age
Possibly, I'll know what the age is tomorrow when I go look at them. The guy didn't know how to find the code.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #90099
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
I was looking at one of those yesterday. It would be very helpful in allowing me to carry four people and our camping gear.... More passengers equals more gas money
I am very happy with it. A little loose in the hitch but I pu electrical tape around it so it doesnt rattle. It is also very light I was able to pick it up with one hand. Put it all together then hopped up on it and it actually feels pretty sturdy.
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #90100
odinseye84
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Had the timing belt, along with water pump, pulleys, tensioners, rollers, etc. Replaced at the shop. Camshaft seals were allegedly leaking too... 66k on a 2005 2.4L.
odinseye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #90101
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the trailer tub mounted on the frame and everything complete except for wiring up the tail lights .
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #90102
ec0075
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't use the wire from HF, use the stuff from home depot, alot cleaner and less spitting.
ec0075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:22 PM   #90103
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Decided I didn't like where this particular chain link fence was at...
image-4036596591.jpg

image-3726246058.jpg

Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #90104
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, smacked this outa place too
image-1898964562.jpg

image-2663996736.jpg

Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #90105
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post
Had my jeep in for service and had the Edge disconnected as part of a test run.

Joining the ranks of natural is better… Forget the boob dyno, going to take the CAI/Edge Trailjammer TB/chip off my jeep as soon as I can find a stock TB and and air box… nothing better than the real thing.
I *might* be doing my cowl intake this week. If I get it done this week, my stock airbox will be available.

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.