What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6005 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 10-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #90061
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

came back from the Caribbean and the CEL came on yesterday. It's a P0138 code. I'm thinking maybe bad fuel from sitting for a week and a half maybe, could that cause that bad 02 sensor/leak code? I'm gonna wait to tear stuff apart until i can refuel and run some fresh gas through it and see if it helps...

Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #90062
Countdogula
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Would a different brand/type cold air intake be better?
Countdogula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #90063
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdogula View Post
Would a different brand/type cold air intake be better?
A true CAI would be something like a snorkle that draws air from outside the engine bay. There are guys who have adapted air boxes off of other cars and made them to work. This I think is the best way as you are drawing in outside air then filtering it thru a paper filter.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #90064
Countdogula
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
A true CAI would be something like a snorkle that draws air from outside the engine bay. There are guys who have adapted air boxes off of other cars and made them to work. This I think is the best way as you are drawing in outside air then filtering it thru a paper filter.
I did as you advised and started reading up on the subject and wow was I misinformed! Thank you so much for enlightening me. I think I will fabricate my own snorkel at some point, but for now that CAI is going back to the store. Thank you again!
Countdogula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #90065
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I did as you advised and started reading up on the subject and wow was I misinformed! Thank you so much for enlightening me. I think I will fabricate my own snorkel at some point, but for now that CAI is going back to the store. Thank you again!
No problem.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #90066
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Emailed a guy about a set of 33x10.5's... The wife's TJ may be rolling on pizza cutters by the end of the week.

Plugged a hole in my tire, began searching for another set of shoes for my own...

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #90067
jordanw_125
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Got some quality time in by the river
image-2250346260.jpg

jordanw_125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #90068
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Search for the Windstar cowl intake mod...

Edit: here you go
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wi...ntake-1064377/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #90069
Damiendrt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhikku
came back from the Caribbean and the CEL came on yesterday. It's a P0138 code. I'm thinking maybe bad fuel from sitting for a week and a half maybe, could that cause that bad 02 sensor/leak code? I'm gonna wait to tear stuff apart until i can refuel and run some fresh gas through it and see if it helps...
I would just get it cleared as it is probably from a loose gas cap or a loose hose on your Eval stuff for the tank. It happens to mine every so often. Was the gas cap at first but think my evap lines may be loose now.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #90070
djcrab
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post
How is the spread?

Here in the mountains, having the stock "pencil beams" is crap for seeing the edge of the road. Have to use the fog lights or I am constantly going Hi-Lo with the lights due to oncoming traffic.

Lots of deer and elk to avoid not to mention there are rarely guard rails and there are trees right next to the road...
I'm in no means a lighting expert so google for yourself after this and before you buy. I think they are awesome. There is a distinct horizontal cutoff for the low beams where stock is..splattered and all over. Only drove once at night with them for a short amount of time but the right side of the beams angle upwards slightly and really lit up that side of the road. There's just plenty of light and I don't think you would be disappointed going to them.

A bit ago I ran across the below on another forum by accident. It was on the JK side. Don't really know that it does anything, seemed to(probably in my head since I wanted it to), but kind of immeasurable. Supposed to adjust throttle response. After I done the below, my CEL flashed a few times then stopped so I think it may do something anyway.

Below from other site--
Adjusting Throttle response:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (Do not start the engine).
2. Wait for all of the dash lights that normally come on at start up to go out.
3. Depress the gas pedal to the floor and back one time***
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF/LOCK position.

***the throttle response is adjusted based on how quickly or slowly you send the gas pedal to the floor and back... the quicker you floor it and let go, the faster the throttle response will be.

Also note that this is NOT a permanent adjustment, the ECM will continue to learn and adjust to your driving habit's. If you drive it like you stole it, it will last a while, if you hit 30 mins of traffic it will probably be back to normal in a day or two.
djcrab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #90071
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post
How is the spread?

Here in the mountains, having the stock "pencil beams" is crap for seeing the edge of the road. Have to use the fog lights or I am constantly going Hi-Lo with the lights due to oncoming traffic.

Lots of deer and elk to avoid not to mention there are rarely guard rails and there are trees right next to the road...
they are ecodes, so they have a wider spread but a sharper cut off and need to be aimed properly, and the beam is angled up on the passenger side for additional light off the road on that side....seeing road signs at longer distances without glaring other drivers and the like.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #90072
Damiendrt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is not done yet but the process has started hoping to have by first of the year. Does anyone know where to get eaton e-lockers and 4.10 gears at a good price? Got a lp 30 and d44. Axles are stock.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #90073
DrGamete
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec0075 View Post
Took off the soft half doors and put the full hard doors back on, temps in the 70s here in Arizona.
Isn't this backward? Is finally nice outside, top should be coming off and doors going half or off.
DrGamete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #90074
OsteKuste

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced a dead Optima red top that was 12 years old with an O'reillys Super Start AGM battery. I'll give it a try for $145, the red tops are $215 here and imported. I have heard on this forum plenty of times that the Optimas aren't what they used to be. Too bad, I would have bought another one.
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #90075
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Finished up putting everything back together from doing the shift shaft seal. Also found a few loose bolts, and a somewhat loose dripping cooler line. Also degreased and wiped down the trans, tcase, and skid. So far no more leaks so that's good(the first non leaking jeep I've ever seen). Ditched the t-case skid. Still getting vibes after doing the ujoints and trans mount. Brown Santa is scheduled to bring my mml tomorrow, so I started spraying pb blaster in prep for that.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.