What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 6004 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 10-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #90046
Mr_Speakeasy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Started painting my UCF TT and reading the instructions for the sye. Not sure when Ill get it done.

Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #90047
ec0075
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Took off the soft half doors and put the full hard doors back on, temps in the 70s here in Arizona.
ec0075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #90048
djcrab
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Installed Hella E-Code headlights today. ~15 minutes for the install. ~20 minutes to adjust the headlights on the side of the house. ~10 minutes of nighttime driving. Output is amazing compared to stock.
djcrab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #90049
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Picked up a cheap flux core from my buddy that was in a bind. I gave him $40, he was asking less. Brand new, never used. He even spooled it up wrong. Crazy, because I've been looking at the same ones at hf, and was waiting until they went on sale. Im happy, and I already started coming up with ideas on stuff to make. Don't worry, I own a dewalt grinder

Unread 10-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #90050
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrab View Post
Installed Hella E-Code headlights today. ~15 minutes for the install. ~20 minutes to adjust the headlights on the side of the house. ~10 minutes of nighttime driving. Output is amazing compared to stock.
Looking for the same thing. What kind of bulbs you running?
JayTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #90051
djcrab
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ View Post
Looking for the same thing. What kind of bulbs you running?
Bought this kit, http://www.amazon.com/HELLA-00239580...productDetails. I'm just using the Hella brand bulbs that came with it. It is such an improvement over stock that I am not planning to upgrade the bulb until these burn out.
djcrab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #90052
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcrab View Post
How is the spread?

Here in the mountains, having the stock "pencil beams" is crap for seeing the edge of the road. Have to use the fog lights or I am constantly going Hi-Lo with the lights due to oncoming traffic.

Lots of deer and elk to avoid not to mention there are rarely guard rails and there are trees right next to the road...
irnmadn88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #90053
Countdogula
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im installing a K&N cold air intake and preparing to install a Rancho 3.5" lift kit with 33" Mickey Thompson MT's.
Countdogula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #90054
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdogula View Post
Im installing a K&N cold air intake and preparing to install a Rancho 3.5" lift kit with 33" Mickey Thompson MT's.
Just trying to help you out. Return the K&N and use the $$ for your axle. The K&N will flow to much dirt into the engine. They do not filter very well. Your OEM filter will do a much better job.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #90055
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post

Just trying to help you out. Return the K&N and use the $$ for your axle. The K&N will flow to much dirt into the engine. They do not filter very well. Your OEM filter will do a much better job.
First time I've ever heard someone bashing K&N filters.
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #90056
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled the trigger on the following for my HP Dana 30:
ARB locker
4.56 R&P reverse cut
Master Rebuild kit
Currie JJ Kit to replace axle side bushings

Now we wait...
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #90057
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
First time I've ever heard someone bashing K&N filters.
Really, well I guess you are new here. Do a search on the subject and read all about it. You will be reading for days.
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #90058
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Really, well I guess you are new here. Do a search on the subject and read all about it. You will be reading for days.
Relatively new, K&N bad period or just for jeeps?
Unread 10-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #90059
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Relatively new, K&N bad period or just for jeeps?
They are great for racing applications, as they were designed for. The problem is that they were designed to work with engines that get torn down and rebuilt often. So the dirt that passes thru doesn't really matter. They are a high air flow design, so with that comes a higher amount of dirt that passes thru the filter. So in short, any motor that you want to last a decent length of time you are better off with a quality paper filter.
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #90060
JayTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

They are great for racing applications, as they were designed for. The problem is that they were designed to work with engines that get torn down and rebuilt often. So the dirt that passes thru doesn't really matter. They are a high air flow design, so with that comes a higher amount of dirt that passes thru the filter. So in short, any motor that you want to last a decent length of time you are better off with a quality paper filter.
Thanks for the info. Won't waste my money on that.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.