I didn't realize how busy I'm going to be this week, so I figured I'd do my list of maintenance stuff I've been putting off. Wife went to bed early and the kids were tucked in. Wasn't doing anything too crazy, so I figured I'd do it in the driveway with a drop light, rather then unlock the shop and spend an hr moving crap to make room. Everything went decently good...
Here's what I accomplished:
1) Took apart, cleaned, greased my superflex joints. Tightened them to re's reccomendation "tight" with my home made spanner tool. They said pre-grease, then afterwards it should be hard to get them to take grease(feels like a clog). Somehow managed to get all 4 tightened consistently. They were pretty loose, so it should help. Also had a but on one of the balls, but no marks on the race. Fixed that.
2) Removed seats(for rattles), found out someone pulled the slider handle with them out and the base twisted. Put some 3in1 on the rollers. Found $20 sticking out of the seat
3) Put some hose on the door surround nipples that go into the tub(for rattles)
4) Put paraffin wax on the center soft top bow, where the plastic meets(for squeeks)
5) Tightened soft top bow to cage bracket bolts(for squeeks, rattles, knocks, chirps)
6) Checked axle and t-case fluids. Added to t-case(what a paint, luckily I could run a hose between the body and frame with the 1"bl). Can't see to pour and see the fill hole at the same time. Made a mess. Axle lube is nasty looking, but filled. No water or anything funky, so can wait until I regear at the beginning of the year
7) New air filter. Old one was pretty gross.
8) Cleaned around shift shaft seal in prep for a new one. Idle in neutral confirmed the leak
9) Rotated tires. Set jack stand down on the cord, chafed the wire(and tripped the breaker)after doing rotating 2. Looked at the halogen drop light wrong and bulb blew. Grabbed hat with built in flashlight(was a gift) from the jeep to finish. Tag itched, so I went to cut it out. It was another $20 bill. Spent 20 minutes looking for my lug nuts that got misplaced by the extension cord. Flashlight hat stopped working, rotated last 2 in the dark. That was fun. Got the hat light working. Tightened lug nuts, went around the jeep twice making sure i torqued everything.
10) Added the $40 to my secret mod stash my wife don't know about. Counted up, and I'm $.47 cents short from a mc front track bar shipped. Will order that tomorrow.
Sorry for the long post. Got super aggravated trying to line up 33's on heavy wheels, in the dark, with centercaps that kept catching on all of the wrong studs. Finally some much needed little things. And my jeep will be a couple of squeeks and rattles quieter