What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5996 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #89926
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on my wife's 2000 Sahara and my 2001 Sport.

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #89927
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post

Yep, notice the Jeeps are clean. Avoid all mud.
All you see here are oil field guys breaking 2013 model trucks hey its fun watching! ;p
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #89928
delosh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Today I cleaned and treated the top. Cleaned and waxed the body. Ready for winter.

Btw. Ivd had this TJ for 3 months. I should've posted a couple mods right when I did them:

Added iphone interface and cradle.
Painted headlight bezels.
Replaced headlights with kc h4s.
Added 4 channel amp inside rear seat.
Replaced speakers with Polk 5.25s.
Replaced sub with 2ohm kicker.
Removed bumper ends.
Painted entire chassis satin black.
Magnetic engine kill relay system.

Fav mod so far is the audio and iphone interface. Love having pandora and xm and high volume with decent bass. And it's completely stealth.
Unread 10-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #89929
cleej9
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeled the piss out of it with a dana 35 and 35" tires. No breakage other than a bent bumper from hitting a tree.
cleej9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #89930
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Why would my jeep be a little more wobbly after a tire rotation? I did not know my tires got that bad I should of changed them a long long time ago could that be it?
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #89931
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
recovered a F150 buried up to the frame in wet sand and river. My cheap *** Chinese POS ****tybilt xrc8, with its dangerous steel cable, didn't break, again.
Haha actually used mine with the assistance of another to pull out an avalanche... fortunately I figured out the reason the d*** thing wouldn't work was because the remote was in backwards so I could help sjones the last half of the way... thought the thing had crapped out on me but it was user error... Xrc8 is still kickin
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #89932
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lol I didn't know that could be done...amazingly I must have always done it right without trying. Which really goes against everything I've lived for up to this point, lol.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #89933
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Lol I didn't know that could be done...amazingly I must have always done it right without trying. Which really goes against everything I've lived for up to this point, lol.
Yeah I didnt know it either thats why I was stumped on the freakin trail... the metal little tag on the remote goes away from the solenoid btw...
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #89934
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, I'll check it out on the trails tomorrow
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 04:29 AM   #89935
Folster
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I made a padded armrest for my center console. It reinforces the crack down the middle of the top and it's comfy.

Folster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #89936
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folster View Post
I made a padded armrest for my center console. It reinforces the crack down the middle of the top and it's comfy.
That's cool. I have a slight crease starting to form in mine. How did you do it? You got a write and poss some more pics of the creation?
Thanks and looks good.
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #89937
Bowshock
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I bought one!!

First Jeep and we are already having a blast. 1998 Sahara, 88k, 4.0, 4" lift with 33x12.5s.

I think the best part so far was when the wife came home from a fundraiser that was about 8 miles down a dirt road. She said "We're going to need 2. I didn't get the 'it's a Jeep thing' but I totally get it now".

Now I've got to find me a trail for a test drive!!
Bowshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #89938
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I have never liked the chrome grill on my LJ. I searched a few vids and threads on how to remove a TJ grill, and decided that it would be too arduous a task. I figured I would mask everything off and paint it in place. I started looking at it this morning and wait .... what is this? It's a chrome cover. Two plastic clips later and BAM ... original black underneath. Removed the headlight bezels and rattle canned them matte black. While I was at it, I masked off the body and winch and threw a quick coat of black primer on the bumper until I get around to having it powder coated.

Much better IMO.

The doors have been off for a while, so I'll probably bed line the chrome mirrors before I put the doors back on.
Would you like to sell me that grill cover? I want to paint it black and hang it in my barn
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #89939
DMB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrallen View Post
Would you like to sell me that grill cover? I want to paint it black and hang it in my barn
I have a buddy locally that might need it to cover a jacked up grill. If he can't use it, it's yours. I can't take money for something I don't want/need so all you would have to do is pay shipping. He's supposed to come by in the next day or so and check it out. I'll PM you if it's still available after that.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #89940
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post

I have a buddy locally that might need it to cover a jacked up grill. If he can't use it, it's yours. I can't take money for something I don't want/need so all you would have to do is pay shipping. He's supposed to come by in the next day or so and check it out. I'll PM you if it's still available after that.
Sounds good to me. Thanks, man!
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.