What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 599 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right hereJK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.

Unread 12-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #8971
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally installed my Mopar Ipod Integration kit.
Took around 1 hour or so.
woot! finally ipod music through my jeep stereo.

tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #8972
Manateu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ordered a set of rocker guards from A to Z Fabrication. I can't wait to install and test. Members of this forum rated them extremely well.
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #8973
izanuff

Did the driveway alignment at work today.. Gotta love Marine Corps mechanics All of 10minutes to do.
1 TONS!
izanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:10 AM   #8974
reverie02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

put in XM radio, pretty funny through the jeep speakers
reverie02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #8975
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tinted the door windows and windshield, washed it and gonna wheel it tonight!
Unread 12-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #8976
james509
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered some new stuff from Red Rock. A complete set of Currie control arms, 1 1/4 body lift and 1 inch MML. As soon as the weather warms up a little, I'll get this stuff on so I can mount my new 35 inch BFG KM2s.
315/75/16 BFG KM2s on 16/8 AR-636
3 in. OME 1 1/2 in. spacers ft. 1.25 JKS body lift Warn XD9000I Currie control arms JKS discos
Dana 44 rear ARBs front & rear Warn Bumpers
james509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:51 PM   #8977
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonjeep
Reborn Rubicon.

2004 Rubicon rolled picture

Rubicon teardown

Donor 1999 TJ

Rubicon rebuild

Body install

Fork lift style Test flex

Finished product (So far?)
[IMG][/IMG]

As for what I did to it today......Christmas Eve Wheeling

Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great pics!

Thanks again for hookin' me up with that Viking top...still lovin' it!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #8978
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by betorok
I just received a new aluminum instrument gauge overlay and will install tonight.
Pics ?
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:16 PM   #8979
gene97sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

started the day by dropping a girl i met last night at the subway then went for an oil change and car wash. stopped by autozone and bought an air filter, plugs, wires, cap & rotor. now i installed the factory air box back in the jeep. the guy i bought it from had a k&n type cone filter. got the air box used from ebay. also the guy had one of those air tornado's installed too.. i didn't put that back in. i did all the work myself except the oil change. now, is it necesary to check the timing? i installed one of the cheaper bosch plugs.. i think it's called super power. then filled the tank. i'm getting about 185 miles to a full tank. let's see now.. did i miss anything else for a tune-up?
gene97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #8980
GeekInJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I have no pics, but I bought my first Jeep just about a week and a half ago. A '98 Wrangler Sport. I have driven imports for years but have wanted a Wrangler for a long time and have given it thought off and on. My wife and I decided it was time.

It had an engine miss, and it had all the original ignition stuff, so I figured a basic tune-up was in order. I was going to start with the cap and rotor. The screw on one side of the distributor cap did not want to back off, and it eventually came off with a nice *snap*. The distributor body broke right at the threads on one side, so I found myself installing a rebuilt distributor. I would have liked to have installed an upgraded distributor, but the new vehicle purchase was enough expense already. All of the plug wires were pretty well baked on and I had to slice down the boots to get them off. The number 1 wire was a joy to get off. The air conditioner compressor is so close to it that I could not really grasp the boot and there were some wire looms going through there also. It took me a few days of changing a few things at a time since the holidays were upon us and since this is my daily driver.

Anyhow... I love the Jeep. Love it.

The float is bad in the gas tank, but I am going to live with that for a while. For now I am going to read and read a lot and decide exactly what I am going to do to this beast. I want it to be backroads capable but I don't need a rock crawler. My wife and I both know this is my hobby car, so some things might be done that are not entirely necessary.

-T-
GeekInJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #8981
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i took my Jeep to the Gruber ORV park and went thru some pretty cool stuff....i'm pretty new to all this trailing and rock crawling stuff, but i imagine it was some moderate level stuff, but on the way back from there once i got back on the my Jeep was vibrating like crazy....its not the steering cuz i let go of the steering wheel and it drove straight so i think it is the tires, maybe due to the terrain they are off balance or something....does anyone know about that??....i also adjusted my rear brakes, now my e-brake works awesome!!
OH yeah, i also broke my red front tag off today on some rocks, and made use of my gas skid plate and back bumper!

-John
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #8982
03Wrangler

classic case of mud in your tires... give it a good wash and see if it went away...

i cleaned the inside out of mine today, it was pretty bad...
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:04 PM   #8983
mrfirefighter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

played in the new snow fall got stuck on a couple trees other then that it was a great time
mrfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 05:20 PM   #8984
Squeeky
2004 TJ Wrangler 

took my jeep in for its 30,000 mile serice only to get a call saying they messed up the oil sending unit and have to overnight a replacement...i miss my jeep
Squeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #8985
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

loaded it up on the trailer, going trail building tomorrow

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.