What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 599 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 12-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #8971
tjwoo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally installed my Mopar Ipod Integration kit.
Took around 1 hour or so.
woot! finally ipod music through my jeep stereo.

tjwoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #8972
Manateu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Ordered a set of rocker guards from A to Z Fabrication. I can't wait to install and test. Members of this forum rated them extremely well.
Unread 12-27-2007, 10:09 PM   #8973
izanuff

Did the driveway alignment at work today.. Gotta love Marine Corps mechanics All of 10minutes to do.
1 TONS!
izanuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:10 AM   #8974
reverie02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

put in XM radio, pretty funny through the jeep speakers
reverie02tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:33 AM   #8975
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tinted the door windows and windshield, washed it and gonna wheel it tonight!
Unread 12-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #8976
james509
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered some new stuff from Red Rock. A complete set of Currie control arms, 1 1/4 body lift and 1 inch MML. As soon as the weather warms up a little, I'll get this stuff on so I can mount my new 35 inch BFG KM2s.
315/75/16 BFG KM2s on 16/8 AR-636
3 in. OME 1 1/2 in. spacers ft. 1.25 JKS body lift Warn XD9000I Currie control arms JKS discos
Dana 44 rear ARBs front & rear Warn Bumpers
james509 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #8977
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonjeep
Reborn Rubicon.

2004 Rubicon rolled picture

Rubicon teardown

Donor 1999 TJ

Rubicon rebuild

Body install

Fork lift style Test flex

Finished product (So far?)
[IMG][/IMG]

As for what I did to it today......Christmas Eve Wheeling

Merry Christmas to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great pics!

Thanks again for hookin' me up with that Viking top...still lovin' it!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #8978
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by betorok
I just received a new aluminum instrument gauge overlay and will install tonight.
Pics ?
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:16 PM   #8979
gene97sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

started the day by dropping a girl i met last night at the subway then went for an oil change and car wash. stopped by autozone and bought an air filter, plugs, wires, cap & rotor. now i installed the factory air box back in the jeep. the guy i bought it from had a k&n type cone filter. got the air box used from ebay. also the guy had one of those air tornado's installed too.. i didn't put that back in. i did all the work myself except the oil change. now, is it necesary to check the timing? i installed one of the cheaper bosch plugs.. i think it's called super power. then filled the tank. i'm getting about 185 miles to a full tank. let's see now.. did i miss anything else for a tune-up?
gene97sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #8980
GeekInJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I have no pics, but I bought my first Jeep just about a week and a half ago. A '98 Wrangler Sport. I have driven imports for years but have wanted a Wrangler for a long time and have given it thought off and on. My wife and I decided it was time.

It had an engine miss, and it had all the original ignition stuff, so I figured a basic tune-up was in order. I was going to start with the cap and rotor. The screw on one side of the distributor cap did not want to back off, and it eventually came off with a nice *snap*. The distributor body broke right at the threads on one side, so I found myself installing a rebuilt distributor. I would have liked to have installed an upgraded distributor, but the new vehicle purchase was enough expense already. All of the plug wires were pretty well baked on and I had to slice down the boots to get them off. The number 1 wire was a joy to get off. The air conditioner compressor is so close to it that I could not really grasp the boot and there were some wire looms going through there also. It took me a few days of changing a few things at a time since the holidays were upon us and since this is my daily driver.

Anyhow... I love the Jeep. Love it.

The float is bad in the gas tank, but I am going to live with that for a while. For now I am going to read and read a lot and decide exactly what I am going to do to this beast. I want it to be backroads capable but I don't need a rock crawler. My wife and I both know this is my hobby car, so some things might be done that are not entirely necessary.

-T-
GeekInJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #8981
97casteeltj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i took my Jeep to the Gruber ORV park and went thru some pretty cool stuff....i'm pretty new to all this trailing and rock crawling stuff, but i imagine it was some moderate level stuff, but on the way back from there once i got back on the my Jeep was vibrating like crazy....its not the steering cuz i let go of the steering wheel and it drove straight so i think it is the tires, maybe due to the terrain they are off balance or something....does anyone know about that??....i also adjusted my rear brakes, now my e-brake works awesome!!
OH yeah, i also broke my red front tag off today on some rocks, and made use of my gas skid plate and back bumper!

-John
Unread 12-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #8982
03Wrangler

classic case of mud in your tires... give it a good wash and see if it went away...

i cleaned the inside out of mine today, it was pretty bad...
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #8983
mrfirefighter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

played in the new snow fall got stuck on a couple trees other then that it was a great time
mrfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:20 PM   #8984
Squeeky
2004 TJ Wrangler 

took my jeep in for its 30,000 mile serice only to get a call saying they messed up the oil sending unit and have to overnight a replacement...i miss my jeep
Squeeky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #8985
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

loaded it up on the trailer, going trail building tomorrow

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.