What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5988 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #89806
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
horsepower gains were applied.
and then in typical jeep fashion found out I need to replace the water pump.

SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #89807
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
horsepower gains were applied.
Nice!
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #89808
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post

Nice!

found out what that squealing noise was
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #89809
ih8pepl73
2004 LJ Wrangler 

This past weekend I got my new tires courtesy of Alpha/Omega Offroad. 33x12.5x15 G Y Duratracs!!! Awesome tires!! So smooth and quiet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_TwStD_1 View Post
Procrastination's a lot like masturbation. It's all fun and games until you realize you're only screwing yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
The lines on half doors make extra sex compared to full doors
ih8pepl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #89810
Jeep4x4TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubes View Post
Skidded 50 feet when my wheel came off unexpectedly. Yup...that's my jeep with one wheel off. On my way to work this morning, the left rear started wobbling, so as I turned on the shoulder at 45mph, the rear end fell to the ground and I started skidding. As I came to a complete stop, I saw my tire rolling past me. It was funny, but butt-perking at the same time. I rotated my tires on Sunday and I KNOW (I KNOW) I tightened all the lug nuts. Each wheel also has a locking nut as well. How could I lose all 5 lug nuts? I could see 1 falling off if it wasn't tight enough...but 5? I don't know. It was sabotage, I say!
Could've been someone trying to steal your wheels and tires too. Maybe they got spooked 1/4 of the way through. Just an idea.
Jeep4x4TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #89811
YellowJacketCO
Jeepholic

2000 TJ Wrangler 

just install my zone 4" lift + 1.25" BL 1" mml and 33 x 12.5 x 15 GY Duratracs. Last weekend new radiator, hoses, thermostat, water pump, and fan clutch. the week before that Bestop Trektop NX. I think the wife is not going to let me spend any more money for a while.
YellowJacketCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #89812
Texanav8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper
I look at your screen-name, and your location, and I can't help but wonder if your boss's name is "Jeff". (I have more derogatory nick-names I prefer to use, but I'll keep it nice for now.)
Haha... Nope, but now you have me REALLY curious!
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #89813
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

had a headlight burn out on me... so i replaced both of them and installed my fog lights that arrived today. BTW the OEM connectors to get the factory wiring off for the factory fogs sucks terribly.I had to use vice grips to push that button enough to get them to come apart.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #89814
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Less gas pedal is key
no it was going on trails a bit too big for my jeep at the time. I am very easy on the peddle i have 35s on a D35 i never hammer it.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:25 PM   #89815
VAJeep87
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper
I put the same lift on my '03 several months ago! I've been very pleased with it. (Mostly road driving... very light-duty off-road stuff.) ...but I 'm running 33x10.5 BFG's.
Yep I'm liking it so far. I'm running 33x12.5 with wheel spacers.
image-751637439.jpg

VAJeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #89816
VAJeep87
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8pepl73
This past weekend I got my new tires courtesy of Alpha/Omega Offroad. 33x12.5x15 G Y Duratracs!!! Awesome tires!! So smooth and quiet!!!
Definatly agree. I've had mine for a week now and I love 'em. Put them in the mud over the weekend. Very pleased.
VAJeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #89817
kikev
2003 TJ Wrangler 

tried new fenders

tried the new fenders and armor all around
1376535_4872705515612_739382508_n.jpg  
kikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #89818
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I just want to point this out:

You're in Good Hands with Mayhem
Lol! Touche!
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #89819
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post
Could have been worse, glad no one was hurt

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
You're right...if I hadn't stopped sooner, I could have rolled it in the ditch 5 feet away. Or, if I was on the right lane, the jeep could have skidded on the blacktop and momentum would have turned my jeep to the left against traffic on the left lane. The wheel could also have served as a projectile against a car on the left lane causing damage to other cars. Luckily I'm a left lane driver. Luckily my instincts were quick enough to get on the shoulder and allowed the brake drum to skid on the soft shoulder. I thought about this day a lot...would of could of should of. Thoughts ran through my head about what or WHO could have cause this (my soon-to-be-ex wife is not taking my divorce request very lightly...she has become belligerent and using f-words she's never used before. She recently asked me to show her who the beneficiary to my life insurance was. I filed a police report just in case. Sorry, I digress... )
Unread 10-23-2013, 11:38 PM   #89820
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubes
You're right...if I hadn't stopped sooner, I could have rolled it in the ditch 5 feet away. Or, if I was on the right lane, the jeep could have skidded on the blacktop and momentum would have turned my jeep to the left against traffic on the left lane. The wheel could also have served as a projectile against a car on the left lane causing damage to other cars. Luckily I'm a left lane driver. Luckily my instincts were quick enough to get on the shoulder and allowed the brake drum to skid on the soft shoulder. I thought about this day a lot...would of could of should of. Thoughts ran through my head about what or WHO could have cause this (my soon-to-be-ex wife is not taking my divorce request very lightly...she has become belligerent and using f-words she's never used before. She recently asked me to show her who the beneficiary to my life insurance was. I filed a police report just in case. Sorry, I digress... )
Thats crazy man. Sorry to hear about your situation. Glad you came out alright.
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.