What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5979 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #89671
Cavasar
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Worth/College Station, Texas
Posts: 2,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
while removing the CAI to ship to its buyer i noticed my stock harness has the pigtail for the cruise control servo. I then pulled my airbag and found that I also have the correct clock spring for cruise control. Now just to get the servo and switches. Been wanting this for quite some time and finally got around to checking.
I "have" cruise control, but it doesn't work any more. I noticed it stopped after getting rained on topless. I've learned to live without it

__________________
If you can't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!
Cavasar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #89672
bbradUSMC
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
I "have" cruise control, but it doesn't work any more. I noticed it stopped after getting rained on topless. I've learned to live without it
bad switches on the steering wheel probably. I dont like letting the steering wheel get rained on. That clock spring is pretty darn expensive.
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #89673
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post

bad switches on the steering wheel probably. I dont like letting the steering wheel get rained on. That clock spring is pretty darn expensive.
I use a rain jacket or the rear window to cover the dash for temporary coverage if needed....but I don't just leave it out topless in the rain either...it does happen sometimes though

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #89674
bbradUSMC
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I use a rain jacket or the rear window to cover the dash for temporary coverage if needed....but I don't just leave it out topless in the rain either...it does happen sometimes though

Sent by a messenger bird
Heavy duty trash bag could work too with bungy cord
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #89675
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
Heavy duty trash bag could work too with bungy cord
Haha oops, I forgot those. I actually usually leave some of those in the jeep for that too

That & zip lock bags for cell phones & such....that way when I had friends with me at school & they'd ask if we "might" get wet when the top was down & no doors...I said "no, but I have bags to keep stuff dry.....in case..."

Edit: I also have a small tarp under/behind my seat

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #89676
bbradUSMC
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 1,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Haha oops, I forgot those. I actually usually leave some of those in the jeep for that too

That & zip lock bags for cell phones & such....that way when I had friends with me at school & they'd ask if we "might" get wet when the top was down & no doors...I said "no, but I have bags to keep stuff dry.....in case..."

Edit: I also have a small tarp under/behind my seat

Sent by a messenger bird
Nice. Good ideas. I'm stealing that Ziploc idea. haha. Used to use those on the boat all the time. Got to use the freezer lock ones because they are tougher.
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #89677
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,218
In the process of pulling the tonneau cover off and putting the windows back on the frameless top. It's a sad day for me. I love the fresh cool air, but if I wait any longer, temperatures may not get any warmer than they are today (lowish 60's) and it'll be impossible to stretch them enough to clip into the channels.

Also noticed that my roll bar padding in the rear is pretty much ruined from the velcro on the frameless top. Debating on removing it altogether, or leaving it on and eventually replacing it next year. It's worn through the fabric and into the foam.
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #89678
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Haha oops, I forgot those. I actually usually leave some of those in the jeep for that too

That & zip lock bags for cell phones & such....that way when I had friends with me at school & they'd ask if we "might" get wet when the top was down & no doors...I said "no, but I have bags to keep stuff dry.....in case..."

Edit: I also have a small tarp under/behind my seat

Sent by a messenger bird
I keep a tote in my Jeep with some essentials... There's a tarp, several big heavy duty trash/leaf bags, a couple dry sacks, a big beach towel, a small Pelican dry box (for cell phones, headunit faceplate, etc), a sweatshirt for the girlfriend, and a rain jacket/windbreaker, a small travel sized container of Windex, zip ties, baby wipes, a small first aid kit. I believe there are other things in there as well, but those are the primary things I think I might need. Attached to the box is a small squeegee that I got at Walmart for the inside of my windshield in the event that I get caught in a rain storm. Strapped to the side of the box is a recovery strap. Have to decide if I want to remove all that and put the rear seat back in for the winter, or leave it in there. I could use the weight of the seat over the rear wheels in wet conditions.
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #89679
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
In the process of pulling the tonneau cover off and putting the windows back on the frameless top. It's a sad day for me. I love the fresh cool air, but if I wait any longer, temperatures may not get any warmer than they are today (lowish 60's) and it'll be impossible to stretch them enough to clip into the channels.

Also noticed that my roll bar padding in the rear is pretty much ruined from the velcro on the frameless top. Debating on removing it altogether, or leaving it on and eventually replacing it next year. It's worn through the fabric and into the foam.
Do you have pics of how you modded your tonneau for your top straps? I just took my windows out this week; FL is now getting to good window out season & I put my bikini on this week, but would rather run my top/window less/tonneau

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #89680
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

I keep a tote in my Jeep with some essentials... There's a tarp, several big heavy duty trash/leaf bags, a couple dry sacks, a big beach towel, a small Pelican dry box (for cell phones, headunit faceplate, etc), a sweatshirt for the girlfriend, and a rain jacket/windbreaker, a small travel sized container of Windex, zip ties, baby wipes, a small first aid kit. I believe there are other things in there as well, but those are the primary things I think I might need. Attached to the box is a small squeegee that I got at Walmart for the inside of my windshield in the event that I get caught in a rain storm. Strapped to the side of the box is a recovery strap. Have to decide if I want to remove all that and put the rear seat back in for the winter, or leave it in there. I could use the weight of the seat over the rear wheels in wet conditions.
These are all good ideas. Oh & here in FL, I keep extra hats, sun glasses, & sunscreen

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #89681
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
Do you have pics of how you modded your tonneau for your top straps? I just took my windows out this week; FL is now getting to good window out season & I put my bikini on this week, but would rather run my top/window less/tonneau

Sent by a messenger bird
I didn't really have to modify anything. The straps on the top fit in the channel at the same time as the tonneau cover without having to cut or modify anything. I've heard of other people modifying the tonneau or the straps, but I didn't see any need. It was a tight fit the first time, but it was in there good. My top is on now all the way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
These are all good ideas. Oh & here in FL, I keep extra hats, sun glasses, & sunscreen

Sent by a messenger bird
I do have sunglasses and sunscreen in there now that I think about it.
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #89682
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post

I didn't really have to modify anything. The straps on the top fit in the channel at the same time as the tonneau cover without having to cut or modify anything. I've heard of other people modifying the tonneau or the straps, but I didn't see any need. It was a tight fit the first time, but it was in there good. My top is on now all the way around.

I do have sunglasses and sunscreen in there now that I think about it.
Haha, jeeps should come with an essentials kit

Cool, I'll try the top & tonneau this week
:thumbs up:

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #89683
Ajcobosco
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 51
image-925155135.jpg


Just got my plates yesterday then I get this nice surprise. This is the third ticket I have had since I've moved to Denver and it hasn't even been a year yet.
Well this makes me want to move back to the woods.
Ajcobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #89684
Eckoh
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Weyers Cave, Va
Posts: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcobosco View Post
Attachment 767674


Just got my plates yesterday then I get this nice surprise. This is the third ticket I have had since I've moved to Denver and it hasn't even been a year yet.
Well this makes me want to move back to the woods.
i do not have a front plate on my jeep in VA... its a secondary offense here so as long as i do not get pulled for something else i have no worries... should be moving to NC before too long where they are not required last i checked.
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #89685
vanillathrilla
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 2,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
i do not have a front plate on my jeep in VA... its a secondary offense here so as long as i do not get pulled for something else i have no worries... should be moving to NC before too long where they are not required last i checked.
I didn't think the front plate was a secondary offense anymore. Friends in imports get pulled and ticketed for that all of the time. I took mine off about a year ago just to prove a point, and I have yet to be hassled for it (knock on wood!). It's the cars. I don't want to call it profiling, because I don't really think it is.. but their cars attract a lot of attention and a lot of it is bad attention! lol
__________________
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.