What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5972 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Reply
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:52 PM   #89566
DezertTJ
Web Wheeler
 
DezertTJ's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKdeuce View Post
got a little more tie rod clearance and some aerodynamic fenders in the woods last night.
Adds character! Flat fender time?

__________________
06 LJ Rubicon: AZ Backcountry LJ Build

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #89567
jarrodblake
Registered User
1997 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: patriot IN
Posts: 536
Went to a swap meet today traded some junk for some junk , traded one tj half door for a set yj full doors that need a lot of work. Then I traded a beat up cj7 tail gate for a cj7 dash that could use some work. And yes I plan on using them on on my TJ






Also started redoing the trans mounts for the 5 speed swap



jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #89568
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.
 
sjones26573's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord/Harmony/Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,504
Returned from the Uwharrie OHV Jamboree. Took some battle scars taking the hard line on the ledge on the hardest trail in the park. Still managed to get up it. This trip made me realize that I not only need new CA bushings in the rear end (neverending squeaks), but need to redo the way the 8.8 is set up to fix clearance and spring seating issues. Otherwise I was very pleased how well it performed with only LSD/Open. Got up everything I came to.

__________________
The Yellowtail Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #89569
Slobert
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Federal Way, WA
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post
Nice man! Bonus for being right side up too. Im thinking about building a trailer for camping and yaks. Maybe put a rack on the lid of the trailer.
When you say "for camping" do you mean a small pop up tent trailer? Or a trailer to hold your tent and camping gear. I love the idea of the latter, just a small offroadable utility trailer with matching wheels and tires to the jeep that is outfitted with an outdoor kitchen and space for gear and firewood with a rack system for bikes and yaks. I doubt it will happen now though because last year we bought a travel trailer to tow behind our Xterra and My wife, who for the first 19 years of marriage loved tent camping, is spoiled now and I don't think she want's to sleep in a tent anymore. I love the RV but still dig tent camping. My Dad and I do a two week long motorcycle camping trip every year and I never get tired of that. When he gets too old to motorcycle I could see doing the same trips in the jeep.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #89570
Damiendrt
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrodblake
Went to a swap meet today traded some junk for some junk , traded one tj half door for a set yj full doors that need a lot of work. Then I traded a beat up cj7 tail gate for a cj7 dash that could use some work. And yes I plan on using them on on my TJ Also started redoing the trans mounts for the 5 speed swap
What all did you do to make the wall mounts for the jeep doors? Like those a lot and need to getting on the wall for the summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #89571
stockerokie
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobert

When you say "for camping" do you mean a small pop up tent trailer? Or a trailer to hold your tent and camping gear. I love the idea of the latter, just a small offroadable utility trailer with matching wheels and tires to the jeep that is outfitted with an outdoor kitchen and space for gear and firewood with a rack system for bikes and yaks. I doubt it will happen now though because last year we bought a travel trailer to tow behind our Xterra and My wife, who for the first 19 years of marriage loved tent camping, is spoiled now and I don't think she want's to sleep in a tent anymore. I love the RV but still dig tent camping. My Dad and I do a two week long motorcycle camping trip every year and I never get tired of that. When he gets too old to motorcycle I could see doing the same trips in the jeep.
We tent camp. When we pack up. the back is full. So it would just be a small box 4'x4' or so. I was thinking on 31's. there are a few builds on here I've looked at. I would really like one of those canned ham travel trailer. That motorcycle trip should like a blast.
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #89572
flwheeler
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 59
Took the Family to JW Corbett to do some trail riding, it turned out to be a little wet...
2013-10-13-oct-2013-002-400x267-.jpg

2013-10-13-oct-2013-009-333x500-.jpg

2013-10-13-oct-2013-011-333x500-.jpg

flwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #89573
jarrodblake
Registered User
1997 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: patriot IN
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiendrt View Post
What all did you do to make the wall mounts for the jeep doors? Like those a lot and need to getting on the wall for the summer months.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I did not make them, I bought them at the same swap meet a few years ago. However the are made 3/8 steel plate that has been cnc and bent but other then that I don't know.
jarrodblake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #89574
flwheeler
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 59
Oh and pic of the new-to-me OR Fab bumper. Hides the 1" BL a little.
2013-10-13-oct-2013-012-500x333-.jpg

flwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #89575
flwheeler
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by flwheeler View Post
Took the Family to JW Corbett to do some trail riding, it turned out to be a little wet...
And yup, we were in this one and about a dozen more(kinda scary deep). Any suggestions on a snorkle?
flwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 09:47 PM   #89576
CanadianTJguy
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 151
Finished blazing in the new 4-link on the new frame.
CanadianTJguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #89577
wranglerTX
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: el paso, Texas
Posts: 268
finally got my MC trackbar, install tomorrow.!
wranglerTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #89578
Tonellin
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerTX View Post
finally got my MC trackbar, install tomorrow.!
Nice. Just installed mine today. Make sure you have 5/8ths and 1/2 drill bit and a tie rod puller and you're good to go
__________________
06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/lj-rubicon-build-1481013/
Tonellin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #89579
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by flwheeler View Post

And yup, we were in this one and about a dozen more(kinda scary deep). Any suggestions on a snorkle?
I would...well I am actually, this week or next, moving my intake into the cowl. I thought about snorkel once for about 15 secs b/c living in FL, but:

1. I plan on moving
2. The amount I scrape my windshield frame, I'd rip one off probably right away

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #89580
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post

Nice. Just installed mine today. Make sure you have 5/8ths and 1/2 drill bit and a tie rod puller and you're good to go
Suggestion, to get my track bar out of the frame end I removed the nut, then I whacked the frame mount with a mallet, then just wiggled the steering wheel with the jeep on...the tb felt right out

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.