What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5968 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #89506
RKNTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTJ

Can you explain the process you did to your fenders?? Look so much better than the first picture.
Sure, just use a heat gun about 1-2" from fender flares and as the fender heats up they start to sweat and turn back black, work your way from one end to the other. It is pretty cool to watch, almost looks like you are painting them.

RKNTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #89507
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Owning a TJ is getting quite frustrating.. I've been trying so hard to save money for California Roots: Carolina Sessions in Wilmington, NC, and nothing has worked out since day 1. First unexpected repair: battery. I had to replace my battery last weekend... then my radiator developed a significant leak, so I bought a new radiator, thermostat, and gasket last night to put in tomorrow... then tonight, during my short trip to Walmart, my brake pedal lost about 95% pressure. I'm guessing master cylinder? Pumping the brakes a few times with the engine off stiffens the brake pedal up. Goes to the floor with the Jeep running. Great, just what I needed!

What do you guys think? Master cylinder?
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #89508
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ordered ballistic fab diff covers for the 8.8 and the dana 30
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #89509
blakeg
2006 LJ Wrangler 

4"x series on 33x1250r15
img_193396994526507.jpeg  
img_193420485093507.jpeg

img_193403844017508.jpeg

blakeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #89510
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNTJ View Post

Sure, just use a heat gun about 1-2" from fender flares and as the fender heats up they start to sweat and turn back black, work your way from one end to the other. It is pretty cool to watch, almost looks like you are painting them.
I am wondering how brittle that will make them over time. Basically your cooking. Just a thought ....
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #89511
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Going to take him to pismo today overnight!
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #89512
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
How about a picture of it on the jeep!
as requested:
img_20131012_122534.jpg

SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #89513
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

lol seriously though, I got one little honeydo to get done this morning and then install should get done this afternoon.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #89514
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
as requested:
It would have been half installed using the time it took you to be a smarta**, you should learn to use your time more wisely! lol!

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #89515
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Before

After:

Drove her to work for the first time ever. 23 months from trailer to driver.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #89516
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
as requested:
I know some people say "no one likes a smart ***" ...but truthfully, I laughed hysterically.

Time to go bathe. I've been working on the Jeep for about 5 hours today. New radiator, and thermostat went on relatively easily... then diagnosing the brake problem didn't go as well. The problem is definitely in the drivers side rear brake drum area. A line appeared to be broken. We went ahead and replaced the little wheel cylinder and got new brake line, but hey gave us the wrong size fitting on the brake line and were kind of dead in the water. It's almost dark, so I guess we'll finish tomorrow.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #89517
1993sahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Put the hardtop back on and washed her.
l--L --[]lllll[]-

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
1993sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #89518
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Before

After:

Drove her to work for the first time ever. 23 months from trailer to driver.
Congrats! I can't imagine how amazing that must feel.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #89519
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
Owning a TJ is getting quite frustrating.. I've been trying so hard to save money for California Roots: Carolina Sessions in Wilmington, NC, and nothing has worked out since day 1. First unexpected repair: battery. I had to replace my battery last weekend... then my radiator developed a significant leak, so I bought a new radiator, thermostat, and gasket last night to put in tomorrow... then tonight, during my short trip to Walmart, my brake pedal lost about 95% pressure. I'm guessing master cylinder? Pumping the brakes a few times with the engine off stiffens the brake pedal up. Goes to the floor with the Jeep running. Great, just what I needed!

What do you guys think? Master cylinder?
Check for leaks first, or old/brittle brake hose. Worst case scenario, you're in for a new master cylinder.

JEEP = Just.Empty.Every.Pocket.

Nothing to the Jeep today, but the other day installed some new spark plugs. Today, among cleaning my room, I organized my parts that need to go into one pile. SYE, MML, BL, extended brake line (rear). Still need a rear driveshaft and upper adjustable control arms, along with a new transmission mount. Then I will need to find the time to get it all put in.

2 jobs, plus holiday season coming up (retail. :/) = no Jeep time.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #89520
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a pic finally installed. It looks like it's going to be a good little piece of kit. So glad to finally get my axle centered.

Steering feels better, might be psychological, so we'll give that a few weeks to evaluate...but it feels like some of the additional "sloppy" feedback is reduced and tighter now, guy.

Of course it wouldn't have been an easy install without a trip or two to the parts store...had to get some 15/16" wrench and socket in order to get a good firm purchase on the upper bolt and nut there. Anyway, hoping to give it a good workout next weekend
img_20131012_171324.jpg

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.