What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5939 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!All our Different Weld Washers!

Unread 09-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #89071
booya1967
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJeepAudio
I took pretty pictures of my dash.
Sweet

Unread 09-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #89072
Oman Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
Yeah its a neat setup but "insanely" overpriced. Ill stick to the gps on my phone and cable television...
Given what the development would cost and the limited market - it's not bad - as long as the software quality and reliability is up there. Nice to see someone develop something for the older Jeeps!

Navigation seems to think there's a road through those bushes though...
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #89073
tinktinkTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What are you gonna use them for?
Reverse lights
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #89074
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktinkTJ View Post

Reverse lights
Figured so but wasnt sure. Tell me how they work out because I really want/need some.
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #89075
tinktinkTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Figured so but wasnt sure. Tell me how they work out because I really want/need some.
Will do. I'll post a pic either late tonight or tomorrow evening. A bunch of forum members seem to be happy with them. I figured for the price I would give them a shot. The wicked cheap (autozone halogen style) ones I currently have kinda suck.
tinktinkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:30 PM   #89076
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post
Given what the development would cost and the limited market - it's not bad - as long as the software quality and reliability is up there. Nice to see someone develop something for the older Jeeps!

Navigation seems to think there's a road through those bushes though...
Comes stock with some offroad trails pre-loaded. Believe me -- the trail was there. That's up near June Lake in the high sierras... some great wheeling there.

re: older Jeeps -- they're coming out with the TJ1000 soon... that's for older TJ's (with the square corner 1.5 DIN head units).
InsaneJeepAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #89077
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJeepAudio View Post

Insane Audio's TJ1001. Brand spankin' new product made just for TJ's!

Check it -- www.insanejeepaudio.com
I could see spending a G on the radio, but much more is just over kill.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #89078
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Man I drive an lj... no way am I going to invest in a 1200 radio thats going to be exposed to my apartment complex with the top down or doors off. I dont like leaving my 75 dollar cb in it let alone this prize. Its nice but completely impractical for me at least.
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #89079
Oman Jeep

Quote:
Comes stock with some offroad trails pre-loaded. Believe me -- the trail was there. That's up near June Lake in the high sierras... some great wheeling there.

re: older Jeeps -- they're coming out with the TJ1000 soon... that's for older TJ's (with the square corner 1.5 DIN head units).
Sounds good! haha looked like the GPS thought there was a highway through there
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #89080
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktinkTJ

^ ^ Thanks for looking up the price, I was just going to ignore his post.

OT: Brown Santa delivered these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ZG..._M3T1_ST1_dp_1 today. I just wish I wasn't stuck at work so I could install them.
Loving mine!
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #89081
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Insane Audio's TJ1001. Brand spankin' new product made just for TJ's!

Check it -- www.insanejeepaudio.com
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/70...2003_2006.html How is your product different than this one? I believe I have seen these somewhere for like three hundred bucks
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #89082
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/70...2003_2006.html How is your product different than this one? I believe I have seen these somewhere for like three hundred bucks
This came up in another forum a while back (or another thread in this forum?). Either way...

Short answer -- cheap knock off with major quality issues running pirated software. Nowhere near the same thing. It's like buying a fake Rolex off the street. Insane Audio is the real deal.

Long answer --

While we do some assembly here in Southern California, we source some products overseas. It's taken us over a year and a half in R&D to build the TJ1001 and do it right. A while back, we were working with different factories in China to build key hardware components. In our first prototype we were working with one factory in particular but continued to have major quality problems so we ended up switching factories altogether. (We are now working with an ISO9001 certified factory). Despite the fact that we have a non disclosure agreement with the first factory, we learned the hard way that these things are virtually impossible to enforce in China. It appears as if they are now trying to sell something very similar to our design and even had the balls to ship them using pirated versions of our software. The operating system, the user interface and the GPS software are all illegal copies. While these pirated versions will never legally be sold here in the states (but you can find 'em on Chinese web sites), that's ultimately our problem to deal with.

Here is what matters from a consumer’s perspective – These units have MAJOR quality issues. The biggest one being that they have a tendency to overheat. Due to an internal amp wiring issue, they won’t work with any of the Jeep upgraded stereo systems (a factory option on a large number of vehicles). They failed our shock testing and have various other quality issues from the CD player down to the knobs themselves. The TV tuner won’t work here in the US. In addition, they are running pirated software that is several versions old (no 3d topography), the maps will be outdated right out of the gate and users will NEVER be able to download map updates (ever). Again – these are knock-offs taken from an early prototype of our designs and are being manufactured by a factory that was unable to meet our quality standards.

The bottom line is that the Insane Audio units are top quality and we are backing them with a 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty. In addition, our GPS software comes with the guaranteed latest maps with full support -- users can go online and update them anytime they want.

Sorry for the long winded response and I certainly am not attempting to be all "salesy" in this forum... really, I wanted to show off some cool pictures of my Jeep with the unit in the dash showing an offroad trail go into the sierra nevada mountains.
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #89083
Therios
King of Stupid Questions

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneJeepAudio
This came up in another forum a ...snip...
Thanks for the explanation minus rant. It is good to see that you have very specific examples snd I, for one, really appreciate that. I really want one. I bought some newfangled xterra or some such from Crutchfield. It was the only 1.5 din that was not a POS in either performance or looks. The I have a crummy looking install because there is space around the escutcheon that shows bare metal. Not happy!

You might have a new customer. Just have to justify not using waze on my ipad. GPS in 10" is pretty tough to give up!
-New Bestop replacement
-Orfab front bumper (DONE)
-CRS rear bumper
-CRS rear bumper tire mount swing arm.
-led third light mods that sit in the two spare tire lug holes.
-because of above - removed ugly third light tower completely
-smitty top end grab handles
-20" LED light bar 10 degree spot (installed now and blindingly operational)
-50" LED light bar 20 degree flood ( changed to 30" in center 3 tabs, installed but not wired)
-windshield mount light bar (done)
-winch 8000# smitty
-Monstaliner complete pan in red head(as soon as they deliver it) (done)
-Carpet removed
-corbeau RS reclining seats
-corbeau water proof seat covers
-corbeau seat mount replacements (removes tilt forward passenger seat)
-AXD 430 receiver http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070AXD4...-Receiver.html
-hood hinge mount for my hi lift jack
-Headlight replacements
-tremendous mt 31.5/10.5 15s on nice alloy rims
-Everything else is stock... For now

-next items
Led dash replacements

Led square lights for 6 free mounting tabs
Led backup lights
Therios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #89084
InsaneJeepAudio
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I didn't mean to rant... that whole situation just kinda pisses all of us off over here at Insane Audio.

Anyway... since I really was only trying to share some cool photos, I'll get back in the spirit of this thread and show off a new fastback hardtop that I put on my LJ. It's from Wild Boar products and while I didn't do it to my Jeep "today"... it was only a couple of weeks ago.

The rear window rattles a little more then I'd like despite the fact that I've put on a ton of extra weatherstripping... but overall I REALLY like this top. It's awesome to see another manufacturer spending R&D on products for older Jeeps (and for the LJ -- an even more limited market). Mad props to Wild Boar. It's got a friggin' sun roof for Pete's sake! Awesome! The thing is built well and has a nice carpet liner on the interior.

My plan is to leave it on for the winter, and leave it in my shed all summer.

(and this is the cleanest you'll ever see my Jeep... I washed it right before I put the top on! )
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #89085
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my bent crap weak stock tie rod with a zj tie rod. Woot
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.