What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5937 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipArtec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300

Unread 09-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #89041
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
No argument here. They're on my very long to-buy list.
I sure know those lists

At least the Jeep only needs one pair ;-)

They're infectious... be warned if you have any other cars with 5-3/4" or 7" headlights you'll want them on everything

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #89042
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post
I sure know those lists

They're infectious... be warned if you have any other cars with 5-3/4" or 7" headlights you'll want them on everything
Yea yea, you've showed me the car before. Looks incredible as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #89043
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Yea yea, you've showed me the car before. Looks incredible as always.
Thanks

Sorry - weather's getting good enough to enjoy the old girl again soon so getting excited to pull the cover off... everything's been in storage underground for the past few months while the temperature's in the 125F range

Too many long to-do lists... so it's good to be blitzing through some of the Jeep ones. Sunday have a meeting with BASF to look through some sample chips and settle on a colour for the Brute. Right now thinking about the red from the Alfa Romeo 8C

Unread 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #89044
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

That's a great color.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #89045
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks

Sorry - weather's getting good enough to enjoy the old girl again soon so getting excited to pull the cover off... everything's been in storage underground for the past few months while the temperature's in the 125F range

Too many long to-do lists... so it's good to be blitzing through some of the Jeep ones. Sunday have a meeting with BASF to look through some sample chips and settle on a colour for the Brute. Right now thinking about the red from the Alfa Romeo 8C
Great color. I have actually seen one of those in person here in the states.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #89046
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
That's a great color.
Thanks - want it to still have that bright vibrant red - but with a bit more depth / contrast / pop in the sun
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #89047
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks - want it to still have that bright vibrant red - but with a bit more depth / contrast / pop in the sun
That's a great color but my favorite color that ive ever seen on a jeep is the mango tango (orange) that came on the jk a few years back. If I was gonna repaint my lj rubi thats the color it'd be. Just some input think it'd look bad *** on a brute.
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #89048
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
That's a great color but my favorite color that ive ever seen on a jeep is the mango tango (orange) that came on the jk a few years back. If I was gonna repaint my lj rubi thats the color it'd be. Just some input think it'd look bad *** on a brute.
That is a really cool colour - would make a very nice Brute - but I do want to keep it in the red spectrum - keeps it closer to it's original identity (just dialled up to 11 when that metallic effect is in the sun), for nostalgia but also less paperwork with the registration, which can be a real hassle here.

Also what I have in mind would be a really rare colour - most metallic reds I see on the road are more of a red-wine colour...

Really excited about picking out a swatch next week
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #89049
Damiendrt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Well got in it to go to work and the rear speakers are now blown! Think the girlfriend cranked it up when she drove it while I was sick. Anyway looking to upgrade speakers, want the put bigger speakers in dash and sound pods. Been looking on here but haven't had any luck with finding out what's the best way to install and if I need additional amps over what the head unit makes. It's a kenwood. Considering doing the sub also. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a thread or just answer me. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #89050
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiendrt View Post
Well got in it to go to work and the rear speakers are now blown! Think the girlfriend cranked it up when she drove it while I was sick. Anyway looking to upgrade speakers, want the put bigger speakers in dash and sound pods. Been looking on here but haven't had any luck with finding out what's the best way to install and if I need additional amps over what the head unit makes. It's a kenwood. Considering doing the sub also. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a thread or just answer me. Thanks guys.

Nalin Mfg adapters and Polk DB5251 speakers is a great combo for the dash. He sells them as a package, although I bought my speakers separately. I've been pretty happy with the Kicker KS525's in the sound pods, although they aren't bigger than stock. I run them straight off my Kenwood KDC-X395 HU and I can crank it no problem. I have a pair of JLA 10W3V3-4's powered by a JLA XD600-1 Monoblock amp but that is an extremely pricey setup. It's nice though.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #89051
Damiendrt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573
Nalin Mfg adapters and Polk DB5251 speakers is a great combo for the dash. He sells them as a package, although I bought my speakers separately. I've been pretty happy with the Kicker KS525's in the sound pods, although they aren't bigger than stock. I run them straight off my Kenwood KDC-X395 HU and I can crank it no problem. I have a pair of JLA 10W3V3-4's powered by a JLA XD600-1 Monoblock amp but that is an extremely pricey setup. It's nice though.
Thanks. I don't think I'm going to change the sub location. Got a 6.5 kicker in there now just on the stock amp, either looking to upgrade that amp and or sub. Wondering if there is a shallow 8 that would fit and sound good?

Damiendrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #89052
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiendrt View Post
Thanks. I don't think I'm going to change the sub location. Got a 6.5 kicker in there now just on the stock amp, either looking to upgrade that amp and or sub. Wondering if there is a shallow 8 that would fit and sound good?

IIRC there are a few shallow 8 swaps around.

Quote:
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #89053
jsessoms44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Today I replaced a 16 year old alternator. Hated to see it go. It fought a tough battle. Simple remove and replace. YEAH!!! No PB blaster had to be used!!
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #89054
BadgerOffRd
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I sure know those lists

Thanks I wasn't sure. I have the black set on mine and have never seen the chrome ones. Scored my pair for free actually. Would post a pic of the black on the yellow but don't have enough posts.
BadgerOffRd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #89055
jeepter
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Added jsk quick release
image-292710725.jpg

image-2124004517.jpg

image-482019502.jpg

image-3282572656.jpg

image-3060393595.jpg

jeepter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.