What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5935 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 09-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #89011
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Night wheeled it with the other half of NCSU 4x4. First time meeting each other and wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #89012
Ferrachi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

New radiator hoses and serpentine belt.
Ferrachi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #89013
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

DD'd for my fraternitys swap. Wasn't bad at all but I feel like the Jeep got beat on.

I'll show it some love when I go home tomorrow.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #89014
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Choose the latter. On the Dubai plated red Wrangler, it's interesting how the AEV highline fenders don't line up with anything. They almost look bent in the middle. That stupid bumper only highlights the poor installation.
The fenders are bent that's why he's replacing them while building his Brute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post

Re-using the hood, but ordered new replacement front fenders from AEV as they were buckled in the hard landing that prompted the frame replacement.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #89015
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Choose the latter. On the Dubai plated red Wrangler, it's interesting how the AEV highline fenders don't line up with anything. They almost look bent in the middle. That stupid bumper only highlights the poor installation.
I think it's funny you just said "poor installation" when referring to one of the most detail oriented jeeps on here...not to mention one of the cleanest, if not the cleanest aev high line install I've seen....

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #89016
Rubicon0311
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Am I supposed to assume that your Jeep is better than Oman's? Do you have more money tied into yours than he does? I would think that a company like AEV would be out of business if they made their products like you say they do. I also don't see anything stupid about his bumper.....Seriously though, if you don't like something, keep it to yourself and don't publicly criticize someones Jeep that isn't yours.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f325/what-did-you-do-your-xj-mj-tj-zj-wj-wk-lj-jk-thread-1289204/"][B]Michigan BS Thread[/B][/URL]
Rubicon0311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #89017
gp90
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a set of Trek Armor seat covers
gp90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #89018
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well update:

New windshield frame came with some imperfections... So doing something different and getting it powdercoater a textured black to match my fenders. Hoping it will be one of a kind...

Also it seems the roll cage is tweaked I'm going to have to use spacers to fasten the passenger side cage bar to the windshield. It's about 3/4" away from even touching the windshield frame. Hopefully the hardtop still goes on!
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #89019
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp90 View Post
Installed a set of Trek Armor seat covers
Lets see them then, I love mine.
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #89020
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Well update:

New windshield frame came with some imperfections... So doing something different and getting it powdercoater a textured black to match my fenders. Hoping it will be one of a kind...

Also it seems the roll cage is tweaked I'm going to have to use spacers to fasten the passenger side cage bar to the windshield. It's about 3/4" away from even touching the windshield frame. Hopefully the hardtop still goes on!
Find a big tree, wrap a tow strap around it the other end around the roll bar and pull it back straight.

That's what I'd do but I'm a little
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #89021
gp90
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to post pic's but there seems to be an issue posting pic's from mobile. Says sight has crashed.
gp90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #89022
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by festerw
Find a big tree, wrap a tow strap around it the other end around the roll bar and pull it back straight. That's what I'd do but I'm a little
You've got me thinking
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #89023
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Last night I installed my 1/2 cab mopar soft top, removed the rear seat and brackets, bolted down the rear tuffy storage unit, installed the D44 chromoly axle shafts twice and it's much easier if you put the right side in the right side and the left in the left side and I figured out a good way of mounting my Jerry can to the roll bar. I also painted my tire carrier and 1/2 hard doors. Not bad for just one night.

FYI: The Smittybilt XRC tire carrier is very strong, but the powdercoating on it SUCKS and after one winter in MI it ended up like this.
img_1338.jpg

idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #89024
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
It's a modified Road Armor bumper.
Yep - started out as a Road Armor but then I wanted to put more lights on it, and finally add the winch again - I used to have the 10" LED where the winch would have come out.

Redesigned it myself on CAD - had the altered parts cut out on the waterjet, then the old parts of the Road Armor removed with a plasma cutter and the new parts welded in. I also changed the design to raise the side pods to flow with the Highline fenders better.

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #89025
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboelts View Post
Im not sure if I like it for the ability to bump idiots up here in the NE on the roads who can't drive...or im distgusted in how it looks like a fakey mad max bumper that belongs on a semi truck.

It's not fakey - it's tried and tested! Unfortunately had a head-on collision in the dunes about 6 years ago - that one prompted the AEV Highline install. This time bending the frame prompted the Brute conversion. Gotta find those silver linings on those cloudy moments.

Minor bends in the bumper that were straightened out. Thankfully these days - more people run dune flags.

Too bad those minor bumps on the street come with so much paperwork. Otherwise it would be very tempting!
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.