What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5934 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #88996
TanMan99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Drove it to my first day of my first welding job! I feel a build thread come on.

TanMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #88997
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
that brewtz conversion looks pretty badass Here is for the doubters among us, you know who you are Genright Stealth lights and Windstar cowl mod.
Nice job slacka$$! Never a doubter just wanted to see, kinda like my hardtop huh Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #88998
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
Nice job slacka$$! Never a doubter just wanted to see, kinda like my hardtop huh Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Lol, I know

Tomorrow I really got to buckle down on the job hunting, then hoping to get some time to clean up the Heep. Ready for that MC trackbar to get here as well.
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #88999
bmpage84
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Scored a set of factory half doors on Craigslist in Light Khaki Metallic to match my Jeep for $350. Guy gave me 2 sets of uppers and a pair of factory mirrors to go with them. Except for a small ding on the bottom of the drivers door (that's been touched up), their in showroom condition inside and out.

[B][COLOR="Silver"]Chrome[/COLOR] on a [COLOR="Olive"]Jeep[/COLOR] is like a[COLOR="Magenta"] hot chick [/COLOR]with [COLOR="Red"]herpes[/COLOR]! [/B]
bmpage84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #89000
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcobosco View Post
I picked my TJ up about a month ago but I think it was a good find. I worked at a dealership and we go it really cheap. I paid 1567.47 for it. It's a 1998 Sahara did not have a hardtop I bought one for 600 on Craigslist. Has 215,000 on it.
That's an awesome deal

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #89001
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Finally brought her home from the engine rebuild! Time for a wash and some love...

audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #89002
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my blower resistor today. Think I finally fixed everything that worked out of the factory! Now time for fun stuff!!
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #89003
mesa-jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Today... Continued sewing up some of the plastic retainers on my soft top. It's an ongoing effort. 13 year old original soft top! Gonna try to make it one more season before I buy a new one. Little did I know when I bought a jeep, I'd be learning how to sew by hand on it.

Tomorrow... Replace original radiator and "band-aid" my driveline issues with some washers on the skid plate.
mesa-jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #89004
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got a new thimble for my winch line.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #89005
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered my hardtop glass today, struts yesterday should be here end of the week.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #89006
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep View Post

Before answering this I really hope it doesn't sound like bragging - trying to keep it educational.

We're going WAY overkill with this project... so do not use mine as an example of "what does it cost to get a Brute done". I really want to challenge the idea that "Jeeps are uncomfortable" and make one that I can comfortably drive on a 3,000 km on / off road trip.

For example, the end result is going to include MetalCloak 6-pak suspension, custom made long arms, King bump stops, GenRight fuel tanks, Macs Tie Down tracks, Electronic Hand Throttle, Electric Mirrors, Electric tonnau cover, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Electric sliding rear window borrowed from a Ranger, Recaro seats, high-end heat and sound insulation, Carbon Fibre Roof top tent, custom cargo rack, awnings, you name it. Also - we're doing all this to a 0-miles brand new chassis from spare parts as my old one has seen better days.

The goal:

The Brute conversion alone will set you back $9k + maybe $1k shipping and whatever your bodyshop will charge. If your resulting Brute is in all other ways identical to your donor Jeep - you won't be spending that much really.

So far though, I'm at $34k and still going. There's another $5k in parts I've yet to order and a lot more labour still to go, and of course paint. And that doesn't include the small fortune I've spent on it getting it to this stage when we started:

This is my 12th year with this Jeep though... it's taken a long time to get it to this stage. I don't ever plan to part with it so resale isn't a concern

I think "how much does a Brute cost" isn't an easy question to answer... it's more like start at maybe $12-14k and from then on - "how much do you want to spend" - there's just so many things that fall into the "if we're going to do it, might as well do it now category" that it really can snowball out of control. The sky is the limit.

It's crazy to think that all this is still with the stock motor and stock axles and relatively normal wheels. Future engine swap / Dana 44 / Dana 60 swap, Hutchinson beadlock wheels, AiRock air suspension - it never ends!

Just Empty Every Pocket.
Anyone know what bumper that is?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #89007
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It's a modified Road Armor bumper.
Unread 09-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #89008
TJ_guy90
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Took off the end caps, and the little rubber bumper pads off my bumper. Cleaned it up, and it looks way better.
image-3654051994.jpg

image-275284412.jpg

TJ_guy90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #89009
Mboelts
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
It's a modified Road Armor bumper.
Im not sure if I like it for the ability to bump idiots up here in the NE on the roads who can't drive...or im distgusted in how it looks like a fakey mad max bumper that belongs on a semi truck.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

KCCO!
Mboelts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #89010
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Choose the latter. On the Dubai plated red Wrangler, it's interesting how the AEV highline fenders don't line up with anything. They almost look bent in the middle. That stupid bumper only highlights the poor installation.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.