What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5930 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #88936
jasonbuh
2005 TJ Wrangler 

What did I do today???? I bought the Jeep today!!! 2005 TJ Manual with 47,000 miles!

jasonbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #88937
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Woot. Windstar mod complete...Rich and LaSahara, suck on that

I'd tell Willis36 to suck on it as well cuz he was giving me **** earlier in the day, but he loaned me his hole saw and his TJ for reference

Adjusted the caster back down to like 4*...driving well but I suspect the damage is done on the pinion seal.

I am sitting in driveway...got one more hoseclamp on the silicone elbow. Just about buzzed enough, probably cut the rubber booty off my new Rancho SS....again per catching **** from Willis36, lol
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #88938
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=SlackJaw;16210577]

but he loaned me his hole saw and his TJ for reference

And my drill $$$jacket
willis36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #88939
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got a smittybilt rear bumper off of craigslist some time ago and it had some seized bolts that the PO had just sawed off. Also, My rear cross member didn't have the set of holes closer to the center of the bumper to match up to theaded holes in the bumper. I put it on anyways with only three bolts on the outer frame tab and the two bottom bolts. I meant to mount it properly at some point and sorta forgot until I nearly ripped the rear bumper off while winching a stump out in my yard. I had secured the rear bumper to a big cedar to anchor the jeep.

any ways I took the bumper off last night and soaked the seized and cut of bolt nubs in penetrating oil. I also bought all new grade eight hardware and ordered some Rockman Frame tie-ins. Today I pounded the tabs mostly straight and drilled the four holes needed on the rear cross member to match up to the bumper. I got the seized bolts out of the bumper and bolted the bumper back up. I had to drop the gas tank a few inches (which was a pain) to be able o move it enough to get the four bolts in the new holes behind the gas tank. Its mounted solid now, and once my rockman tie-ins come in it will be really stout.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #88940
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post

I'd tell Willis36 to suck on it as well cuz he was giving me **** earlier in the day, but he loaned me his hole saw and his TJ for reference

Adjusted the caster back down to like 4*...driving well but I suspect the damage is done on the pinion seal.

I am sitting in driveway...got one more hoseclamp on the silicone elbow. Just about buzzed enough, probably cut the rubber booty off my new Rancho SS....again per catching **** from Willis36, lol
Oh really big guy? You still havent posted those pics of all your genright lights on and hooked up, and I'm not seeing any pics of your windstar mod, Is it really done? Wife probably locked you out of the house....lol Pics or it didn't happen

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:58 AM   #88941
jfdrum02

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbuh
What did I do today???? I bought the Jeep today!!! 2005 TJ Manual with 47,000 miles!
ho yeah ....!
jfdrum02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #88942
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richisinyoface

oh really big guy? You still havent posted those pics of all your genright lights on and hooked up, and i'm not seeing any pics of your windstar mod, is it really done? Wife probably locked you out of the house....lol Pics or it didn't happen
rofl!
stockerokie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #88943
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post
Man I caught a lot of **** about that as well . But guess what I did with my own drill after you left...hint, my windstar mod is more done than yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post

Oh really big guy? You still havent posted those pics of all your genright lights on and hooked up, and I'm not seeing any pics of your windstar mod, Is it really done? Wife probably locked you out of the house....lol Pics or it didn't happen
Lol. Actually I did post pics of the genrights installed, but I took some new ones for you last weekend...just haven't uploaded yet. Will get a pic of the airbox on the trails today, cuz I know everyone going to be wanting to eye sex it.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #88944
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post

Wife probably locked you out of the house....lol Pics or it didn't happen
Dayum! Lol

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #88945
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavasar View Post
Nothing too spectacular, nothing worth a 4hr drive on your part honestly.
What's good around these parts fot crawlin?

Live Free,
Brad
bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #88946
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
x2, pics or it didn't happen.
LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #88947
1993sahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Changed the oil in her for the first time since I bought. 04 rubicon with 64k on it now. Used castrol 10w 30 and a napa gold filter.
l--L --[]lllll[]-

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
1993sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #88948
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

After almost a year of bugging the guys at the local jy, I finally was able to score a D44 rear end from a wrecked rubicon. Now just gotta get it geared to match my D30
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #88949
ec0075
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I feel you rkusa, took my 99 tj in for some front end work, discovered the rear end had lots of damage. Should be done Monday afternoon.
ec0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #88950
1993sahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Took a nice picture the other morning while driving in it
l--L --[]lllll[]-

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
1993sahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.