What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5923 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #88831
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Speakeasy View Post
I got it from a trade, but it might not be a Rigid. ****
Cost on that bar is under $200 shipped. It's a great light bar, but not worth as much as a vehicle.

TXST8tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #88832
Tyler33
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Traded wheels and tires today. Old on back, new on front in the pic. Went from 33/12.50's to 31/10.50s and lost 10 lbs at each corner. My 2.5 is much happier!

Tyler33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #88833
ivester1992
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1driver View Post
From where?? I need this!!!

EDIT: Could it be Street FX???
i found it on ebay
ivester1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #88834
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Put on my roof rack from my durango used explorer rails.

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #88835
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Any pictures from inside, did you just bolt through or put a backing plate?

Looks great
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #88836
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Going home form work last night and I guess the DW got me when i go in hard under the brakes. No problem driving just when I hit the anchors hard it just about shakes apart..

Time for some new CA's I think... Well good enough reason anyway.
How's your trackbar lookin? I'd address that first if it's the OEM unit...much cheaper than going for new arms. Unless of course you're just looking for an excuse
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #88837
TheDoc25
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin

How's your trackbar lookin? I'd address that first if it's the OEM unit...much cheaper than going for new arms. Unless of course you're just looking for an excuse
I will check that thanks, but if I come up with a good enough reason the boss will release the funds easier .....
TheDoc25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #88838
357transam
There's a better way....

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post

Broken Arrow?
Yep. He now lives about 4 miles from me.

OT: My rough country junk started making noise from the upper rears today. Trying to decide if I want Savvy or Metalcloak to replace. Double adjustable would be nice, but I like the idea of the Duroflex joints. But JJ are very proven...... Decisions, decisions.
357transam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #88839
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Yep. He now lives about 4 miles from me.
Right on, I'm at 71st and Garnett. We should go wheeling sometime.
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #88840
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

Right on, I'm at 71st and Garnett. We should go wheeling sometime.
This.
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #88841
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post

This.
Say when
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #88842
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Any pictures from inside, did you just bolt through or put a backing plate?

Looks great
I used fender washers. I might have to step it up to flat stock plate though but that'll require new hardware. Maybe next summer when I paint the top
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #88843
The_Dealer
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post
I used fender washers. I might have to step it up to flat stock plate though but that'll require new hardware. Maybe next summer when I paint the top
When I did the surco on my bronco, I got some thin aluminum stock from Lowe's, and used a solid piece for each side. I then drilled extra holes on each rail. Windshield sealant in each hole, silicon under the rail+ between the aluminum and fiberglass, then silicone all around the outside+bolt holes of the rail and aluminum. I had no leaks, and no problems with cracking. I was comfortable putting 125lbs plus the weight of the rack up there.

Do you have any pics of it on the jeep? I'm wanting to get a hartop and reuse my surco rack on it.

Today: I removed the cheap multiple hole trailer pin sway bar disco's. Got a hex head bolt the same size as the stock end link bolt, and a wing nut. Tightened everything, marked the bolt, drilled it out, and put a pin in to keep the wing nut from backing out. Guess what, my jeep is clunk free. Well for now...and the front feels a little tighter on the highway
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #88844
willis36

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Say when
Oh yeah
willis36 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #88845
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post

When I did the surco on my bronco, I got some thin aluminum stock from Lowe's, and used a solid piece for each side. I then drilled extra holes on each rail. Windshield sealant in each hole, silicon under the rail+ between the aluminum and fiberglass, then silicone all around the outside+bolt holes of the rail and aluminum. I had no leaks, and no problems with cracking. I was comfortable putting 125lbs plus the weight of the rack up there.

Do you have any pics of it on the jeep? I'm wanting to get a hartop and reuse my surco rack on it.

Today: I removed the cheap multiple hole trailer pin sway bar disco's. Got a hex head bolt the same size as the stock end link bolt, and a wing nut. Tightened everything, marked the bolt, drilled it out, and put a pin in to keep the wing nut from backing out. Guess what, my jeep is clunk free. Well for now...and the front feels a little tighter on the highway
No pics yet still waiting for the rain to start probably put it on next month. Wasn't the bronco hardtop steel?

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.