What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5923 - JeepForum.com

 165Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #88831 of 110196 Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 PM
TXST8tj
Registered User
 
TXST8tj's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Speakeasy View Post
I got it from a trade, but it might not be a Rigid. ****
Cost on that bar is under $200 shipped. It's a great light bar, but not worth as much as a vehicle.

TXST8tj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #88832 of 110196 Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Tyler33
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lincoln
Posts: 46
Traded wheels and tires today. Old on back, new on front in the pic. Went from 33/12.50's to 31/10.50s and lost 10 lbs at each corner. My 2.5 is much happier!

Tyler33 is offline  
post #88833 of 110196 Old 09-18-2013, 10:30 PM
ivester1992
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: pickens
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by h1driver View Post
From where?? I need this!!!

EDIT: Could it be Street FX???
i found it on ebay
ivester1992 is offline  
post #88834 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 12:13 AM
rbkelley89
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chico
Posts: 861
Put on my roof rack from my durango used explorer rails.




2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline  
post #88835 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 12:53 AM
TheDoc25
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 326
Any pictures from inside, did you just bolt through or put a backing plate?

Looks great
TheDoc25 is offline  
post #88836 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 06:41 AM
Tonellin
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Going home form work last night and I guess the DW got me when i go in hard under the brakes. No problem driving just when I hit the anchors hard it just about shakes apart..

Time for some new CA's I think... Well good enough reason anyway.
How's your trackbar lookin? I'd address that first if it's the OEM unit...much cheaper than going for new arms. Unless of course you're just looking for an excuse

06 LJ Rubicon
http://www.jeep-owner.com/index.php/topic,748.0.html
Tonellin is offline  
post #88837 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 AM
TheDoc25
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oman
Posts: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin

How's your trackbar lookin? I'd address that first if it's the OEM unit...much cheaper than going for new arms. Unless of course you're just looking for an excuse
I will check that thanks, but if I come up with a good enough reason the boss will release the funds easier .....
TheDoc25 is offline  
post #88838 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 AM
357transam
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post

Broken Arrow?
Yep. He now lives about 4 miles from me.

OT: My rough country junk started making noise from the upper rears today. Trying to decide if I want Savvy or Metalcloak to replace. Double adjustable would be nice, but I like the idea of the Duroflex joints. But JJ are very proven...... Decisions, decisions.
357transam is offline  
post #88839 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 07:35 AM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357transam View Post
Yep. He now lives about 4 miles from me.
Right on, I'm at 71st and Garnett. We should go wheeling sometime.

Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88840 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 AM
stockerokie
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

Right on, I'm at 71st and Garnett. We should go wheeling sometime.
This.
stockerokie is offline  
post #88841 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 AM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerokie View Post

This.
Say when

Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88842 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 09:14 AM
rbkelley89
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chico
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc25 View Post
Any pictures from inside, did you just bolt through or put a backing plate?

Looks great
I used fender washers. I might have to step it up to flat stock plate though but that'll require new hardware. Maybe next summer when I paint the top

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline  
post #88843 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
The_Dealer
Registered User
2003 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Macon
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbkelley89 View Post
I used fender washers. I might have to step it up to flat stock plate though but that'll require new hardware. Maybe next summer when I paint the top
When I did the surco on my bronco, I got some thin aluminum stock from Lowe's, and used a solid piece for each side. I then drilled extra holes on each rail. Windshield sealant in each hole, silicon under the rail+ between the aluminum and fiberglass, then silicone all around the outside+bolt holes of the rail and aluminum. I had no leaks, and no problems with cracking. I was comfortable putting 125lbs plus the weight of the rack up there.

Do you have any pics of it on the jeep? I'm wanting to get a hartop and reuse my surco rack on it.

Today: I removed the cheap multiple hole trailer pin sway bar disco's. Got a hex head bolt the same size as the stock end link bolt, and a wing nut. Tightened everything, marked the bolt, drilled it out, and put a pin in to keep the wing nut from backing out. Guess what, my jeep is clunk free. Well for now...and the front feels a little tighter on the highway

My build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/the_dealers-soft-core-build-1476982/
The_Dealer is offline  
post #88844 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 AM
willis36
Web Wheeler
 
willis36's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: broken arrow
Posts: 1,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
Say when
Oh yeah
willis36 is offline  
post #88845 of 110196 Old 09-19-2013, 10:47 AM
rbkelley89
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chico
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dealer View Post

When I did the surco on my bronco, I got some thin aluminum stock from Lowe's, and used a solid piece for each side. I then drilled extra holes on each rail. Windshield sealant in each hole, silicon under the rail+ between the aluminum and fiberglass, then silicone all around the outside+bolt holes of the rail and aluminum. I had no leaks, and no problems with cracking. I was comfortable putting 125lbs plus the weight of the rack up there.

Do you have any pics of it on the jeep? I'm wanting to get a hartop and reuse my surco rack on it.

Today: I removed the cheap multiple hole trailer pin sway bar disco's. Got a hex head bolt the same size as the stock end link bolt, and a wing nut. Tightened everything, marked the bolt, drilled it out, and put a pin in to keep the wing nut from backing out. Guess what, my jeep is clunk free. Well for now...and the front feels a little tighter on the highway
No pics yet still waiting for the rain to start probably put it on next month. Wasn't the bronco hardtop steel?

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is offline  
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 8 (5 members and 3 guests)
04TJay , Blaine_Anderson , carbert , Scarfist
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome