Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#118,282 ·
the light doesn't come on when you turn the key to on
Press and hold the trip reset button, turn the ignition switch to the On/Run position (do not start the engine), and release the trip reset after about three seconds. This should cause the cluster to perform a lighting and display self check -- does your CEL illuminate at some point during this check?

#118,283 ·
my tj is sitting in the motorpool at fort carson since my son got sent to swamp training in Louisiana for a month. he plugged in the solar charger and locked the doors so it should start right up when he gets back. then he gets about two months of fun in the mountains before he goes to korea so it might come back to south texas in a few months.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
#118,284 ·
Press and hold the trip reset button, turn the ignition switch to the On/Run position (do not start the engine), and release the trip reset after about three seconds. This should cause the cluster to perform a lighting and display self check -- does your CEL illuminate at some point during this check?
nope. dat's why i'm going to pull the cluster. i bought this used. there's been a lot of things done to it before i got it. some of the work isn't very good. i mistook the "check gauges light" to be the check engine light when i got it. soooo i'm fixin stuff. it runs ok, except for that hanging idle. 1400-1500 rpm. when my iac kicks in it doesn't bump it up that high. it also does/doesn't do the high idle when i first start it cold. it works its way up as the Jeep gets to operating temp. weird.

#118,287 ·
did this to take the load off the tail gate
I do a similar thing on my Jeeps with 35" spares. Works great. I've had mine for 6 years now and the hinges still work like new.
Plant Flowerpot Automotive tire Tire Houseplant

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

#118,291 ·
While searching the interweb for TJ/LJ parts, I ran across this auction in Austin, TX for a 2006 TJ.

Lot 68

In pulling up the build sheet, it shows this one to be one of the Golden Eagle editions! The pics are hard to look at because of the current condition, but you can still see the gold wheels are there, although none of the decals remain. Auction ends in two days, someone should help this poor Jeep get back on the road. I already have too many projects to try and convince my banker (wife) for additional funds to save it.

Reactions: TripLeader
#118,293 ·
Today I decided to reinstall the side view mirror/light brackets so I can use mirrors when driving doorless.
They went on easy, but when I went to remove the passenger side mirror this happened.
Fluid Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Auto part

The damn nut snapped the bolt. So now I get to waste money on an entire new passenger side mirror. Dammit.

#118,294 ·
While searching the interweb for TJ/LJ parts, I ran across this auction in Austin, TX for a 2006 TJ.

Lot 68

In pulling up the build sheet, it shows this one to be one of the Golden Eagle editions! The pics are hard to look at because of the current condition, but you can still see the gold wheels are there, although none of the decals remain. Auction ends in two days, someone should help this poor Jeep get back on the road. I already have too many projects to try and convince my banker (wife) for additional funds to save it.

The D44 rear axle is the only thing worth saving IMO.

#118,295 ·
The D44 rear axle is the only thing worth saving IMO.
Might be true, but in the same vein as little old ladies that never married and have a tons of cats running around their house because, "I'm trying to save every one...", I have a similar condition. I want to try and save almost every vehicle I can find. Just don't have the space or money to do it! They're the mechanical equivalent of pets to me. That's why my wife and I have 5 vehicles at our house right now and we're only two people! (And that doesn't count the RV, the boat, or the Helix!)

"Hi...my name is Ken.... and I'm a vehicle hoarder!"

:cool:

#118,296 ·
Today I decided to reinstall the side view mirror/light brackets so I can use mirrors when driving doorless.
They went on easy, but when I went to remove the passenger side mirror this happened.
View attachment 4172288
The damn nut snapped the bolt. So now I get to waste money on an entire new passenger side mirror. Dammit.
how about threading that stub or drilling it out?

#118,297 ·
Tried a LED flasher relay to fix the hyper flash with the signals, but as soon as I plugged it in it started making buzzing and clicking noises for a few seconds. After that no emerg or turn signals, tried the old relay and now nothing with it either. Fuse behind the gc is good, seen where they say Fuse 27 under the hood, but mine is empty. Thinking I may have fried the multifunction? Back to the hand signals for the time being I guess

#118,298 ·
Might be true, but in the same vein as little old ladies that never married and have a tons of cats running around their house
The old ladies are ugly with bad personalities and cats don't care about anything except food. If this is you, buy a cat.

• Haha
Reactions: 99sajeep
#118,300 ·