What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5901 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 09-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #88501
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

I love those wheels.
Yeah but everyone wants an arm, leg, and left nut for em...

Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #88502
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBayXJ View Post
Fabbed up a CB antenna mount. I love the look of the location, we'll wait to and see how strong it is. It seems pretty rugged. I may add a spring for running in thick brush.

I would avoid running the cable thru the door like that. Over time the door will cut the line or break the wire in the middle causing issues and possibly frying the CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post

I have the same bumper. Now when you guys hook to s trailer where are you hooking the safety chains?
I hooked them to the D rings on the side. I carried chain extensions as needed.

Sent from my phone where grammar isn't easy.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #88503
Cavasar
No Longer DD

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My PSC light mount came in but the screws for the end of my light bar are just a hair to big to fit in the holes already in the mount, I guess I'll have to drill the hole out a little bit. Also got a new 3"x30' CESS recovery strap.

Unread 09-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #88504
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Is this a bent tie rod?
image-3678198681.jpg

thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #88505
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Never mind I checked my other tj. Same thing. Can figure out why the wheel looks tilted. Maybe a broken axle??? Guess ill take it for an alignment see what they say
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #88506
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigoTJ View Post
Grill wrap completed.
Very cool!!

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #88507
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Never mind I checked my other tj. Same thing. Can figure out why the wheel looks tilted. Maybe a broken axle??? Guess ill take it for an alignment see what they say
wheel looks tilted because fender is bent

You might also want to check...under the grill where it meets the frame there are some rubber bumbers...you might see if the space between the frame and the bottom of the grill is equal from side to side. Mine's not anymore

Anyway, my point being, there a number of things that could be crooked, throwing your eye off to look like something else.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #88508
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

We'll see soon enough. Picking up my CCFABS hoodlines as we speak from the powdercoater. At Least that's one thing I don't have I replace...

Ordered a new windshield frame this morning. It will arrive Friday. Filled all fluids except tranny. When I get the windshield on Saturday ill get it towed for a full service. Then I pray I'll be able to drive it home. Still in search of a new passenger door.

Keeping the hood dented. Ironically I had ordered a die cut "it's a jeep thing" sticker the night before the rollover. So ill put that on the hood next to the damage ha
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #88509
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Found some ccfabs tube fenders in front of my house today.

image-3411786321.jpg
blubaru2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #88510
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You might also want to check...under the grill where it meets the frame there are some rubber bumbers...you might see if the space between the frame and the bottom of the grill is equal from side to side. Mine's not anymore

Anyway, my point being, there a number of things that could be crooked, throwing your eye off to look like something else.
Ill check that when I get home. I hope my having the 1" BL didn't hurt my jeep
Unread 09-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #88511
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Ill check that when I get home. I hope my having the 1" BL didn't hurt my jeep
If you didn't have spacers under the grille, it might have tweaked it a little. Mine's out of whack by a pretty good amount, but you have to inspect very closely to notice it. You probably won't know how badly until you get the windhield on there, adjusted properly and try to put a top back on it.

Are there any puckers/wrinkles in the sheet metal on the tub, on the passenger side behind the front fender?

Check that little roll bar connecter bar between windshield and rollbar...those usually bend....you can get replacements from Daveys for like $20....if you plan to replace full soft top and/or hard top, or full steel doors, I think you'll want to make sure you have that adjusted properly.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #88512
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

If you didn't have spacers under the grille, it might have tweaked it a little. Mine's out of whack by a pretty good amount, but you have to inspect very closely to notice it. You probably won't know how badly until you get the windhield on there, adjusted properly and try to put a top back on it.

Are there any puckers/wrinkles in the sheet metal on the tub, on the passenger side behind the front fender?

Check that little roll bar connecter bar between windshield and rollbar...those usually bend....you can get replacements from Daveys for like $20....if you plan to replace full soft top and/or hard top, or full steel doors, I think you'll want to make sure you have that adjusted properly.
The bars looked pretty straight when I took them off. On my way home from the powdercoater. Ill recheck when I get home. I do have the spacers under the bumpstops with the BL. Ill check that too.

I don't know I think the jeep looks a little tilted
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #88513
Renegade88
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Got my half doors put back together.

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #88514
LilyBayXJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
I would avoid running the cable thru the door like that. Over time the door will cut the line or break the wire in the middle causing issues and possibly frying the CB
Thanks for the input. I intend to get a low-profile coax and run it through the windshield frame. This is just a short-term solution.
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ Boot Camp[/URL]
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #88515
bhikku
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished putting in blue LED's in my gauge cluster, and they all worked! Gonna take some pics of it once night hits to geta feeling of how good they end up looking.
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.