82Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #88501 of Old 09-11-2013, 08:40 AM
Ljcrawler05
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post

I love those wheels.
Yeah but everyone wants an arm, leg, and left nut for em...

Ljcrawler05 is offline  
post #88502 of Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 AM
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.
 
RnEmOvr's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: El Paso
Posts: 11,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyBayXJ View Post
Fabbed up a CB antenna mount. I love the look of the location, we'll wait to and see how strong it is. It seems pretty rugged. I may add a spring for running in thick brush.


I would avoid running the cable thru the door like that. Over time the door will cut the line or break the wire in the middle causing issues and possibly frying the CB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1918 View Post

I have the same bumper. Now when you guys hook to s trailer where are you hooking the safety chains?
I hooked them to the D rings on the side. I carried chain extensions as needed.

Sent from my phone where grammar isn't easy.
RnEmOvr is offline  
post #88503 of Old 09-11-2013, 10:40 AM
Cavasar
No Longer DD
 
Cavasar's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 2,892
My PSC light mount came in but the screws for the end of my light bar are just a hair to big to fit in the holes already in the mount, I guess I'll have to drill the hole out a little bit. Also got a new 3"x30' CESS recovery strap.


If you can't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them!
Cavasar's TJ
May TJ of the Month 2015
Cavasar is offline  
post #88504 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:25 AM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,769
Is this a bent tie rod?
Attached Images
 
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88505 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:31 AM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,769
Never mind I checked my other tj. Same thing. Can figure out why the wheel looks tilted. Maybe a broken axle??? Guess ill take it for an alignment see what they say
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88506 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict
 
Mud Machine's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Freedom
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigoTJ View Post
Grill wrap completed.
Very cool!!

Build Thread

BDS Springs, MetalCloak Arms, Fox Shocks, Warn Winch, Savvy Ft Bumper, Antirock, GenRight Fenders, GR8 Top, Rock Hard Cage, Banks Exhaust, 5.13's, Revolution Axle Shafts, LS-III, 4L80e
Mud Machine is offline  
post #88507 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Never mind I checked my other tj. Same thing. Can figure out why the wheel looks tilted. Maybe a broken axle??? Guess ill take it for an alignment see what they say
wheel looks tilted because fender is bent

You might also want to check...under the grill where it meets the frame there are some rubber bumbers...you might see if the space between the frame and the bottom of the grill is equal from side to side. Mine's not anymore

Anyway, my point being, there a number of things that could be crooked, throwing your eye off to look like something else.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88508 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

wheel looks tilted because fender is bent
We'll see soon enough. Picking up my CCFABS hoodlines as we speak from the powdercoater. At Least that's one thing I don't have I replace...

Ordered a new windshield frame this morning. It will arrive Friday. Filled all fluids except tranny. When I get the windshield on Saturday ill get it towed for a full service. Then I pray I'll be able to drive it home. Still in search of a new passenger door.

Keeping the hood dented. Ironically I had ordered a die cut "it's a jeep thing" sticker the night before the rollover. So ill put that on the hood next to the damage ha
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88509 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM
blubaru2002
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 2,216
Found some ccfabs tube fenders in front of my house today.



Name:  image-3411786321.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  534.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
I have to return some video tapes.
blubaru2002 is offline  
post #88510 of Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

wheel looks tilted because fender is bent

You might also want to check...under the grill where it meets the frame there are some rubber bumbers...you might see if the space between the frame and the bottom of the grill is equal from side to side. Mine's not anymore

Anyway, my point being, there a number of things that could be crooked, throwing your eye off to look like something else.
Ill check that when I get home. I hope my having the 1" BL didn't hurt my jeep
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88511 of Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedaringmove View Post
Ill check that when I get home. I hope my having the 1" BL didn't hurt my jeep
If you didn't have spacers under the grille, it might have tweaked it a little. Mine's out of whack by a pretty good amount, but you have to inspect very closely to notice it. You probably won't know how badly until you get the windhield on there, adjusted properly and try to put a top back on it.

Are there any puckers/wrinkles in the sheet metal on the tub, on the passenger side behind the front fender?

Check that little roll bar connecter bar between windshield and rollbar...those usually bend....you can get replacements from Daveys for like $20....if you plan to replace full soft top and/or hard top, or full steel doors, I think you'll want to make sure you have that adjusted properly.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88512 of Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

If you didn't have spacers under the grille, it might have tweaked it a little. Mine's out of whack by a pretty good amount, but you have to inspect very closely to notice it. You probably won't know how badly until you get the windhield on there, adjusted properly and try to put a top back on it.

Are there any puckers/wrinkles in the sheet metal on the tub, on the passenger side behind the front fender?

Check that little roll bar connecter bar between windshield and rollbar...those usually bend....you can get replacements from Daveys for like $20....if you plan to replace full soft top and/or hard top, or full steel doors, I think you'll want to make sure you have that adjusted properly.
The bars looked pretty straight when I took them off. On my way home from the powdercoater. Ill recheck when I get home. I do have the spacers under the bumpstops with the BL. Ill check that too.

I don't know I think the jeep looks a little tilted
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88513 of Old 09-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Renegade88
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lynn Haven, Fla
Posts: 1,365
Got my half doors put back together.

2006 LJ

PanhandlePierFishing.com
Renegade88 is offline  
post #88514 of Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
LilyBayXJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Presque Isle
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
I would avoid running the cable thru the door like that. Over time the door will cut the line or break the wire in the middle causing issues and possibly frying the CB
Thanks for the input. I intend to get a low-profile coax and run it through the windshield frame. This is just a short-term solution.

2006 LJ - 4.0L, NSG370, 31's
2001 XJ - 4.0L, AW4, 3.5" lift, 31's
1997 TJ - 2.5L, AX5, 2.5" lift, 32's - Sold
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline  
post #88515 of Old 09-11-2013, 03:16 PM
bhikku
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SLC
Posts: 447
Just finished putting in blue LED's in my gauge cluster, and they all worked! Gonna take some pics of it once night hits to geta feeling of how good they end up looking.

2004 Rocky Mountain Edition Wrangler
Utah Jeep Crew #152
US Navy 04-08
bhikku is offline  
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
fadeagray
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 35 09-17-2013 02:39 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome