What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5888 - JeepForum.com

 215Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #88306 of 110751 Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 PM
gumby_144
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: hamilton
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
F**k no. Muddy water flooded my purdy carpet.
carpet whats that?

gumby_144 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #88307 of 110751 Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 PM
chrisejandaddi
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 100
Installed my e autogrilles rocker guard/steps. I kept the damaged (thanks FedEx) rockers and touched up the paint. Got a $100 refund so I only paid $74 for the pair. Not too shabby. 3/16" steel, welds are pretty good, hardware fit good, textured powder coat looks good. Plus it covered some trail damage that was bugging me.






2002 Wrangler Sport
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo
chrisejandaddi is offline  
post #88308 of 110751 Old 09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
thedaringmove
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 1,772
Installed two of my four new rancho 5000s
thedaringmove is offline  
post #88309 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Maverickxeo
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wetaskiwin
Posts: 2,372
Garage
Today I wanted to put the soft top back on (its raining) and in doing so, I noticed the front left corner above the windshield is tearing (the passenger side did too... cost me $40 to fix that one...) and trying to put in the back window, the zipper sheered off a tooth....

The top was $550 (rampage OEM style top) so Im wondering if its better just to get a different one... I am not satisified with the Rampage top (its had issues since day 1) so I am wondering whats best? I do like the bowless tops... but I dont know whos the best to get one from.
Maverickxeo is offline  
post #88310 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
blubaru2002
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 2,238
Came home to btf comp cut rears. Woot woot. :-)



Name:  image-2569765767.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  458.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman
I have to return some video tapes.
blubaru2002 is offline  
post #88311 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisejandaddi View Post
Installed my e autogrilles rocker guard/steps. I kept the damaged (thanks FedEx) rockers and touched up the paint. Got a $100 refund so I only paid $74 for the pair. Not too shabby. 3/16" steel, welds are pretty good, hardware fit good, textured powder coat looks good. Plus it covered some trail damage that was bugging me.
those look nice. How hard was install? wondering particularly about that bolt in the front fender? Are they bolted all bolted through? Can't see if/how much they wrap underneath, do they also attach under there? Is there a backing plate on the interior of the jeep that the bolts also go through to?

Been bandying back and forth with a couple jeep buddies about making my own...but you're saying $174 for those shipped (aside from your refund)?
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88312 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 04:15 PM
chrisejandaddi
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

those look nice. How hard was install? wondering particularly about that bolt in the front fender? Are they bolted all bolted through? Can't see if/how much they wrap underneath, do they also attach under there? Is there a backing plate on the interior of the jeep that the bolts also go through to?

Been bandying back and forth with a couple jeep buddies about making my own...but you're saying $174 for those shipped (aside from your refund)?
Install was easy. Short bolts along the door frame, long bolts front and rear to pass through the double walled portion of the tub. No backing plate, just lock nuts and washers. Far front bolt was easy, it's accessible from underneath. They also bolt on to two of the frame/body bolts underneath. They wrap under a lot where those bolts are and about 3" under for the rest of the rocker. Ill take a pic from underneath later tonight. Overall I'm happy with them just not happy with FedEx. Oh well, I guess a $100 refund was fair enough. I'd buy again from them.

2002 Wrangler Sport
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo
chrisejandaddi is offline  
post #88313 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 04:34 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisejandaddi View Post

Install was easy. Short bolts along the door frame, long bolts front and rear to pass through the double walled portion of the tub. No backing plate, just lock nuts and washers. Far front bolt was easy, it's accessible from underneath. They also bolt on to two of the frame/body bolts underneath. They wrap under a lot where those bolts are and about 3" under for the rest of the rocker. Ill take a pic from underneath later tonight. Overall I'm happy with them just not happy with FedEx. Oh well, I guess a $100 refund was fair enough. I'd buy again from them.
Thanks a lot for the info!

Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88314 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 PM
festerw
Registered User
 
festerw's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Erie, PA
Posts: 1,648
Was going to put the hard top back on but I can't find the freaking bolts.

Anybody know off hand what size I need to buy.

Hers - 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7 4x4
Mine - 2003 Jeep Wrangler X
festerw is online now  
post #88315 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Ben
Hack
 
Ben's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Malvern PA
Posts: 3,069
so this is what's inside a stock steering wheel.
still weighing options for what to wrap the rim with.

Ben is offline  
post #88316 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 PM
chrisejandaddi
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

Thanks a lot for the info!




Underside

2002 Wrangler Sport
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo
chrisejandaddi is offline  
post #88317 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 PM
SlackJaw
baby jeep
 
SlackJaw's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 5,239
Awesome dude, much obliged

Can you afford the car? Have I provided you all the information you need on the car? Do you like the car? Then buy the car.
SlackJaw is offline  
post #88318 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 PM
HydraulicKnight
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Little rock
Posts: 135
I got a set if them sliders from e auto grilles. Just put them on last week. Well worth the money. Not a bad install either.
HydraulicKnight is offline  
post #88319 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM
wwch99tj
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Felton
Posts: 3,479
I've had my e-autogrills sliders over a year, I see they changed the bar...



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline  
post #88320 of 110751 Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
chrisejandaddi
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pensacola
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj
I've had my e-autogrills sliders over a year, I see they changed the bar...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
Yeah the bars do look different now, they are bent in and welded on the ends now. Their stock photo on eBay doesn't reflect that (the pic looks like yours) but I like the new design just as well

2002 Wrangler Sport
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo
chrisejandaddi is offline  
Reply

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Not a good day today. :( CHRRRIS TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 39 08-14-2016 04:08 PM
I had fun today! Burnerman YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 9 06-18-2014 06:12 PM
what i did to my tj today? shovelhead Wrangler General Discussion 6 11-05-2012 12:22 PM
Hit by Bus Today Cooneys08JK JK Wrangler Technical Forum 32 01-07-2012 03:30 PM
New today AZGreenMonster YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 7 09-02-2010 07:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome