What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5883 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 09-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #88231
mesa-jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Installed washers on my steering stops so my tires no longer rub on lower control arms. Also installed rubber heater tubing on the a/c condensate nipple poking thru the firewall and routed it down the the fenderwell. No more wet carpet on the passenger side.

Side note: it sucks working on the jeep in the garage during Arizona summer time. 108 degree's.

mesa-jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #88232
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Rolled it in to where we start disassembly After all the misc. trim is removed, the back will be cut off and the tub will be moved to this frame we prepared earlier

Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #88233
Cirrusman
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I sat in the Chic Fila parking lot trying to figure out why my Jeep wouldn't even crank. I wrote a kind of wtf post, but then googled "jeepforum tj wont start clutch" to find the quickest solution or the fuse number (I don't have an owners manual in my jeep since the time it was broken into and ransacked in the rain)

Bam, one of the first results of jeepforum posts had the fuse number for the "clutch interlock", moved the spare fuse to #20. Back in business before anyone even replied. I should have searched first but I panicked because I was late.

Now I have to figure out what is wrong with the interlock or the POS alarm job the PO had done.
Cirrusman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #88234
dan121
1999 TJ Wrangler 

mgd, how is your hood held down? I assume hood pins, but couldn't see them in your pics. Sick flex, by the way.
dan121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #88235
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just finished rebuilding the front drive shaft for the first time ever. So far no vibrations!
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #88236
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Poked around underneath looking for noises. Making a short hopefully cheap list for the week...

1" socket and some allthread to get that bad JJ replaced. Rear swaybar booshings. And a set of bearing units...probably ought to bite the bullet and do the ball joints as well....we'll see...I'll probably procrasternate for double the work later

On the longer, more expensive list, my discos are shot, so antirock is in order, MC front track bar to center the axle, and she's WAY past being overdue for rear control arms.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #88237
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Had to take the 33's off and replace with 30 inch tires to keep the Po Po off my back. Silly PA vehicle code.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do about flares, but I know I don't need a $100 fine while I make up my mind.

Convinced my wife I was leaving the 33's on the back and 30's up front. I thought it looked like a matchbox car. After she threatened to sell the Jeep, I told her I was joking.

matchbox.jpg
218017765 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #88238
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

SlackJaw, you ever get around to that Windstar box? I will finally be picking up the stick intake tune this weekend hopefully to finish mine up.

More pics as promised. "So much room for activities!"-Stepbrothers
image-2936770898.jpg

image-892437839.jpg

LA-Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #88239
thedaringmove
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrusman
I sat in the Chic Fila parking lot trying to figure out why my Jeep wouldn't even crank. I wrote a kind of wtf post, but then googled "jeepforum tj wont start clutch" to find the quickest solution or the fuse number (I don't have an owners manual in my jeep since the time it was broken into and ransacked in the rain)

Bam, one of the first results of jeepforum posts had the fuse number for the "clutch interlock", moved the spare fuse to #20. Back in business before anyone even replied. I should have searched first but I panicked because I was late.

Now I have to figure out what is wrong with the interlock or the POS alarm job the PO had done.
Have the viper system? Mine did that to me too
thedaringmove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #88240
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara View Post
"So much room for activities!"-Stepbrothers
Rofl .

Not yet, but I been eyeballing it pretty intently . If I can get the short list done during the weeknights this week, that'll be a shoe-in project for this weekend.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #88241
redjeepguy1

Ordered some new LED Tail lights. It's time to replace the LiteDots, which don't pass inspection because they don't meet safety standards.

They are a new style, the outer ring lights up in tail light mode, kind of a "glow" effect, rather than having each LED distinctly visible like your typical 4 round LED.

The middle lights up for brake and turn signal mode.

http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/stt/stt_o-stl101r.htm
Unread 09-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #88242
joeyk803c
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put in a new stereo. A kenwood blue-tooth model. Very nice. Can control my phone's music through the radio. It'll make my life easier.
joeyk803c is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #88243
wtfcrunch
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Flipped my rear view mirror over. Sooo much more field of view.
wtfcrunch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #88244
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Alum radiator Is leaking out of lower radiator hose and the drain plunger thing. Whats a good way without draining all the fluid to stop the leak because I jist replaced all the fluid
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #88245
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Put it on Craigslist to trade for a 6cyl TJ. I am very tired of this 4 cyl and its worth a shot to see whats out there

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.