What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5750 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #86236
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richisinyoface View Post
Ive got to get to doing mine, the parts do absolutely no good sitting in the boxes on the shelf......thanks for the link, I will check it out
It feels like such a big job until you start and realize its not so bad. Today I am going to finish that mount, get the novak shifter cable in, finish painting my bumper and maybe paint my UCF skid so I can install it.

bbradUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #86237
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC

It feels like such a big job until you start and realize its not so bad. Today I am going to finish that mount, get the novak shifter cable in, finish painting my bumper and maybe paint my UCF skid so I can install it.
It isn't too bad... Until you snap the bolt off and have to try and drill it out in that little cramped space. Never has a mod lead to more cursing, bleeding knuckles, and thoughts of "oh crap, now I've really gone and screwed it up!". But all in all, after I got it back together, it wasn't too big a deal.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #86238
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
It isn't too bad... Until you snap the bolt off and have to try and drill it out in that little cramped space. Never has a mod lead to more cursing, bleeding knuckles, and thoughts of "oh crap, now I've really gone and screwed it up!". But all in all, after I got it back together, it wasn't too big a deal.
Didn't have single problem with the bolts coming out luckily. This one nut is the problem. I think it is just because the motor has raised an inch. You always have to remember to stay calm when working on a project. You brain functions better and you will find a better solution faster.
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:42 AM   #86239
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
Installed my 1.25" BL today with no problems. Really adds to the look of the Jeep. Got all of my Brown Dog MML lift installed except for the Pass side nut on the bottom side of the mount. Dang thing is blocked by the engine. Should I remove the through bolt and push the engine over to install it or does someone have a better idea that has done the before.

Edit: Found this http://www.jeepz.com/forum/drivetrai...-wrangler.html
Just need to take out the bolt on the block. Looks like a job for tomorrow.
Ok got the bolt out and the nut torqued down and the other bolt back in but ran into another problem. The transmission sits too low now so I can't get it into 2nd, 4th, or reverse. Gonna have to take the tranny drop out, hmm think my drive line angles will be ok? I have no DC shaft.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #86240
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC

Didn't have single problem with the bolts coming out luckily. This one nut is the problem. I think it is just because the motor has raised an inch. You always have to remember to stay calm when working on a project. You brain functions better and you will find a better solution faster.
I my case panic was definitely a factor. Aout halfway through, it stared pouring rain, then switched to snow. IN ATLANTA! I knew I had to get it done despite my fingertips being numb because I had a 4 hr drive the very next morning. A few beers and a few minutes in the house helped me get it completed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #86241
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
I my case panic was definitely a factor. Aout halfway through, it stared pouring rain, then switched to snow. IN ATLANTA! I knew I had to get it done despite my fingertips being numb because I had a 4 hr drive the very next morning. A few beers and a few minutes in the house helped me get it completed.
I have invested in a pop up canopy for days like that. It is not perfect but it helps a bunch. A few beers always does the trick for me as well.
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #86242
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Spent all day with Larry at Vegas 4x4 installing my new Currie/Savvy lift with 3.5" Springs and Bilsteins. In the process I found my cracked exhaust manifold. If you guys are near Vegas, get ahold of Larry. Best prices and amazing service. The did taught me how to install the lift the entire time. Very patient and incredibly knowledgeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
I once slipped with a rotary wire brush that burned through my jeans and left a very nice deep gouge in my leg.

If it had been up a little higher, I'd have gone from a rooster to a hen.
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #86243
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Crawled under and told her I would fix her. Looks like I'm gonna be buyin 2qts of 75W-140, pinion seal, and a pinion nut.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #86244
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Took the doors off for the first time since owning it, bushings are shot!

image-1773283407.jpg
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #86245
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navydoc1 View Post
Took the doors off for the first time since owning it, bushings are shot!
Try these, they work great.

http://blackmagicbrakes.com/Jeep_Co-Op.php
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #86246
KI2D28
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Write ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142 View Post
Write up!?
Check here, there are more than just mine.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...rchid=18900565
KI2D28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #86247
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bumper painted

Sway bar cover painted and 1.25" BL lift

Radiator support

Skid tucked back up

Another BL pic

1" Brown Dog MML installed 'Merica!!!

New drive line angle. Hows it look?

Also made some quick disconnects out of a trailer harness for my fog lights

Unread 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #86248
Navydoc1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn

Try these, they work great.

http://blackmagicbrakes.com/Jeep_Co-Op.php
Thanks that's just what I'm looking for
Navydoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #86249
h1driver
MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Got my Novak all dialed in-

So, Suck-It Trebek!!! MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ

My "Build" - Collect and Assemble
h1driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #86250
Griff1918
Web Wheeler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards View Post

I was going to put in a cutoff switch but realized you can't find any in the upper levels of the amps the winch is capable of. It would suck to be doing a hard winching and have the switch burnout
Get yourself a long state running solenoid and run a remote cut off switch.
Griff1918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.