What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5728 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #85906
Cavasar
Gig 'Em Ags

1998 TJ Wrangler 

AtoZ WW2WW rockers w/ tube arrived today. Haven't been home yet to check em out. Probably paint them later this week.

Edit: Made it home

Zone 4.25" Lift, Currie Antirock, Metalcloak CAs, Aussie locker, SYE/Adams DS, BFG 33s, 50" LED light bar, XRC8 w/ Amsteel synthetic rope
Cavasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #85907
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Drained the transmission, but got caught in a downpour before I refilled. I'll have to get back to it in the morning.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #85908
tjwaterloo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Power Steering Pump replacement, round 2 (round 1 failed when I missed the parts place and had to reassemble my old leaky one for the week):
This time I had the new pump (w/resevoir) and had rent/borrowed the pulley puller kit ahead of time (fellow Canadians, Parts Source loans them). Old pump off, drained, pulley puller worked a charm to remove the old pulley and install it on the new pump. New pump went on fine, put in new PS fluid and bled the system and she sounds and seems fine. Will know tomorrow for sure after a test drive.

Sheered off rear seat bolts, round 3: Bought a 1/4 cobalt metal bit and it cleared 2 of the spots I was stuck on, then it too broke. $13 drill bits make a nice ping sound when they snap in half. But I was far enough then that I finished off the other 2 bolts (killing 1 additional regular drill bit on the way) and got the brackets reinstalled with new bolts and nuts. Worst Jeep job to date.

So long but successful day: PSP replaced and rear seat re-installed.
tjwaterloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #85909
cologc46

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my 1 year old smitty which blew up last week. This ARB is a tight fit on the ABS tray, and a fun install project. It will be nice to air up faster than I can air down .
oba.jpg

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #85910
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Completed my custom hood pins... (write-up and pics coming soon). Basically took the idea of the autofab/Daystar assemblies and made it out of Stainless steel on the lathe at work.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #85911
Richisinyoface
Buying and Building

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologc46
Replaced my 1 year old smitty which blew up last week. This ARB is a tight fit on the ABS tray, and a fun install project. It will be nice to air up faster than I can air down .
I thought about installing one of those in that spot, glad to see it fits. I have been toying back and forth between that and adding a York compressor, kilby bracket and the whole deal....anxious to hear how it works out for you

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #85912
gumby_144
2004 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=RnEmOvr;15641885]Was going to work on the jeep but realized I have no room in my large tool box, 40" wide top and bottom snap on, so I went to HF and picked up a roll cart for $100. Then once I got home I found out the shed was not big enough for both boxes so I had to rearrange some stuff. Then once I was done I started stripping the bin of scrap wire so I can haul it to recycling yard. About 1.5 hours of stripping wire and I am not even 1/4 way done. I figure there is about 50 pounds not stripped.[/QUO

get some lighter fliuid and burn it off. it goes pretty fast
gumby_144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #85913
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Drove up to the Santiago Mine up above Georgetown. Besides having a good time, I confirmed that the Jeep seems to overheat after a sustained long crawl. The temp gauge never exceeded 210*, but whenever I stopped to hike I could hear the coolant gurgling. Once it overflowed a small amount. This doesn't happen around town.

I am nearly certain this is old coolant, so a flush and maybe a new thermostat is going to happen soon. And I should figure out if the fan works...
jjvw is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #85914
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby_144 View Post
get some lighter fluid...
Only reason I am not doing this is some of the wires are rather small. Plus longer I take stripping it the more time I have to acquire more so the pay out is larger. Also copper is down right now.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #85915
gumby_144
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnEmOvr View Post
Only reason I am not doing this is some of the wires are rather small. Plus longer I take stripping it the more time I have to acquire more so the pay out is larger. Also copper is down right now.
oic. my dad has an electrical business and we have burned off several hundred pounds at a time when scrap price goes up
gumby_144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #85916
wtracing
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pulled out my trashed transmission, swapped it out as a core and installed my new transmission. Going wheeling in the morning!
wtracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #85917
tytj33
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Put in a Susquehanna Motorsports headlight harness upgrade a week ago, put a set of Bosch e codes with a pair of xtravision bulbs in this morning.
tytj33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #85918
Richisinyoface
Buying and Building

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Went to Advance auto yesterday and bought 12 XP985 plugs to do both jeeps. Right now they are 5.99 each with a 3.00 dollar rebate

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #85919
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Drove up to the Santiago Mine up above Georgetown. Besides having a good time, I confirmed that the Jeep seems to overheat after a sustained long crawl. The temp gauge never exceeded 210*, but whenever I stopped to hike I could hear the coolant gurgling. Once it overflowed a small amount. This doesn't happen around town.

I am nearly certain this is old coolant, so a flush and maybe a new thermostat is going to happen soon. And I should figure out if the fan works...
You radiator cap is bad

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #85920
jjvw
Hipster Jeep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post

You radiator cap is bad

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum
Aha! I'll add a new cap to the list. Thanks!

Still have to do the flush in case that's the original coolant from ten years ago.

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.