What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 567 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 11-21-2007, 01:39 AM   #8491
02tjsport
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baotchi
What is a pre-filter? And dash nets? Pics?
A prefilter goes on over the air filter. Hi performance air filters do not trap as much dirt because they are hi flow, less restriction. The prefilter is a fine screen that doesnt sacrifice any suction of air. It fits tightly around the filter, if you have a conical filter.
http://www.outerwearsracing.com/

Gear Nets as the company has named it are dash nets that go over the tray at the top of the radio bezel, 4 self taping button screws and a stretchy net snaps onto them.
http://www.stu-offroad.com/body/netz/netz-1.htm

02tjsport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 04:43 AM   #8492
RobFromRI
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i haven't seen my TJ since sunday when my front caliper froze... i had to have it towed up my dads... my goal is to work on it saturday morning, as well as putting the winter wheels on my VW...

2003 VW GTI 1.8T 6 Speed
Jazz Blue 20th Anniversary Edition #3177 of 4000
RobFromRI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #8493
chewTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Cleaned the snow off the windshield. Planning to get to the car wash. Sick of getting dirty looks from people because of the deer blood on the hood.
Blue jeep club member #248Low output Jeep club member #279MN jeeper member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
...now hush, I'm off to install a throttle body spacer and a K&N filter for that super performance boost!
chewTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #8494
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Spent today doing some wiring.

first off made re-installed my radio with a hold down so it wouldnt keep sliding out when I went wheeling.

after that I made a trip to autozone for some wiring supplies , switches and some lights. Originally was going to mount the lights to the tire carrier but really didnt want to drill into my bumper and try and find long enough bolts. A quick look underneath and I utilized the outer gas tank skid plate bolts, a perfect fit and location! this made it a no drill install too!

These are originally driving lights , but there bright and look good. The kit came with one of them cheap rocker switches with a face plate. I tossed that out and picked up some nicer , bigger lighted switches at autozone. I ended up wiring to the kick panel below the steering wheel as the panel is easy to access, easy to hit the switch on and my center console area already had 3 other switches in it. Here's a pic of the switch for reverse lights

with the reverse lights done I moved on to installing an XM radio reciever. This was time consuming trying to run and hide all the wires and finding a good way to mount it. After trying various locations, top of dash, vent etc. I found that the ash try fully opened past the retaining clip made a very nice fit. To hold it in when wheeling I picked up a roll of hook/loop velco and put some top and bottom of the XM and top and bottom of the ashtray locking it all in place! The antenna and power cord were squeezed thru the little hole in the ashtray and hidden into the dash.

now seeing the xm would take up my only 12Volt power source I picked up a 3 socket adapter. I plugged it in to test it out and it would not power up anything! After a litte head scratching I figured it out. To help protect the adapter from an overload the manufacturer split the voltage and didnt allow any of the plugs to recieve full 12volts! I popped out the 3 screws and opened it up, sure enough a circuit board with a bunch of resisters and other stuff. A few minutes of cutting and rewiring and I was good to go. I dont plan to use to many things at once, but even if I do I put a fuse inline + the factory fuse.

I originally just plugged it in to the factory one but than i had cords running down and looking like **** (Im anal about sloppy install!). I checked out the factory socket and ended up taking it out of its mounting hole and hiding it behind the dash. The 3 socket adapter was hooked up to it and ran from behind the dash to behind the center console and to the side of the center console. I held the box in with velcro again (this stuff rocks). I love velcro because you clean the surfaces, stick it and can take it off with a little effort months later. I hate drilling or making holes in factory plastic incase I ever move it around or sell it.

Was getting poor connection's with the switch that came with my hella lights so i ended up replacing that one too (silver switch in center console. The other two switches are windshield mounted lights and dome light/door chime override switch.

switched out bulbs for some led's

UPS stopped by today and dropped off my project for tomorrow if I can my metal hole saws , 62 LED 4" flush mount led tail/stop lights and Exhaust is supposed to be here the 26th

Last edited by 1CleanTJ; 11-21-2007 at 05:22 PM..
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #8495
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got my new rims yesterday and installed them today.
silvergoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #8496
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

took the front drive shaft out again today... no more vibes.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #8497
Steelman
IX-X-XIII-XIV-XL-XLIII

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1claentj
after that I made a trip to autozone for some wiring supplies , switches and some lights. Originally was going to mount the lights to the tire carrier but really didnt want to drill into my bumper and try and find long enough bolts. A quick look underneath and I utilized the outer gas tank skid plate bolts, a perfect fit and location! this made it a no drill install too!
You don't have a nut or bolt head rubbing against the plastic gas tank, do you? Could rub a hole in the tank over time. If I were to do that, I'd use carriage bolts with the rounded head facing the tank to minimize that as much as possible. Just a thought!
my rig: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Are you bipolar, passive agressive, or just unable to recognize the dichotomy of your thought processes?
Steelman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 09:08 PM   #8498
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman
You don't have a nut or bolt head rubbing against the plastic gas tank, do you? Could rub a hole in the tank over time. If I were to do that, I'd use carriage bolts with the rounded head facing the tank to minimize that as much as possible. Just a thought!
nope, I went of the rear skid plate bolts. just loosening the nut, sliding the light bracket on and tightening the nut back up. It looks like the skidplate is held on in the back by studs going to the frame or body, or bolts that dont spin. The actually bolt part doesnt move at all
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #8499
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fixed my crappy noob KC wiring job and also fixed a fog light.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #8500
C2kraft
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Failed my State Inspection. No worry, the skinny tires will go on for a day next week ; )
Unread 11-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #8501
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

did a little bit of wheeling, most of the time was spent pulling out 2wd trucks including an explorer sport trac on 22s
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:34 AM   #8502
2006LJRubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Installed the Kilby rocker knockers that have been laying in my garage for the past 3 months. I hit up every jeep lover i saw at the bar last night to help with a RE LA install some time in the near future.
Unread 11-22-2007, 07:47 AM   #8503
97MilitaryTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Brush 11 inches of snow off it....
97MilitaryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:16 AM   #8504
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Played "lets drive to school with worn tires in the snow"

It involves fishtailing, loss of traction, brake pumping, and minor use of 4wd

Tires are definately getting changed. These are the stockers with over 50K miles on them.

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #8505
frumpy

I had a fun drive to school today. Left my home at 6am, vehicle covered in a nice coat of ice along with the roads. Didnt know where my ice scrapper was so busted out my multitool with flat head screw driver and chisseled away. Must say, jeeps are deffinatly nice to have for mornings with weather like this. Tried doing some 4wd burnouts to see how icey the roads were (in the country with no one around) and accidently drifted around one corner but it was kind of cool.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.