Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#111,482 ·
Took it in to get the tires road forced balanced. They did a very lousy job despite claiming it's the best they could do. It's barely better than it was completely unbalanced so I'm gonna make them do it again.
Hearing "It's the best we could do" is never a good thing. Take it back as many times as it takes to get it perfect. They won't rush a balance job ever again.:)

#111,486 ·
In other news I took her to the dealer to replace the throttle position sensor. She had been throwing a P00122 CEL. I bought the mopar part from rock auto at 1/2 the price.

Dealer was $150 price for disco the connector remove 2 screws replace part and two new screws and re-connect connector.

It was worth every nickel lol. Rusted screws, stripped the heads, had to drill and so on! They finally got'er done though.

Hoping to report some improved mileage in the mileage thread in a week or so.

#111,489 ·
Started the install of the metalcloak control arms on my daughters 97 TJ. While making measurements I discovered that the previous owner did some welding of CA brackets and wasn't very good with a tape measure. The passenger side lower control arm is 3/8" longer to makes it square up. Plus side was that my pinion angles are now good. Also painted some chassis saver on the frame. Inside will be next.
BTW the control arms are beefy AWSOME!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#111,490 ·
Girlfriend gave me a $200 gift certificate to MetalCloak for my birthday a few months back (no, you can't have her). I've been busy at work and the Jeep hasn't got much attention lately, so I sat at my computer on MC's website for about two hours reading about their fenders and their springs, and other little things they have. I was going to order some new springs (mine are six year old Rough Country springs) but I decided to pull the trigger on some Overline fenders instead. I'll update with pics when they get installed.

#111,491 ·
Girlfriend gave me a $200 gift certificate to MetalCloak for my birthday a few months back (no, you can't have her).
Tell her my BD is in December. My GF took me to Taco Bell last year (Dollar menu only).:cool:

#111,500 ·
Finally got done doing what I wanted to do. Still have some things that need to be done, but it's coming along.

- 2" budget boost (with extra 5/8" spacers in the front to compensate for the winch)
- Corner guards
- Rocker guards
- Painted crappy grille
- CB and antenna
- OEM radio installed (PO had nothing in there)
- Painted, wet sanded and buffed front fenders & added OEM flares and new lights
- Cleaned the damn thing
- Removed turbo muffler dumped before axle in favor of FULL OEM exhaust
- Righted a seriously unending list of wrongs committed by the PO. Man this guy was clueless.

Got it where I want it for now. It'll be sitting in my garage for the winter. Looking forward to hitting some trails in the spring!

BEFORE:

AFTER: