Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#111,042 ·
Saw this today.

Don't know how I missed that when I was buying it. Dealer doesn't remember why that is there. Looks like I have one more thing to check added to my list to do tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#111,045 ·
Superjay5 said:
unfortunately had to put the top and doors back on, morning temps are getting cold... With this great weather they have been off for most of the summer.... its that sad time of year:(
Mine coming off tomorrow. No rain in forecast for the next week...80's in the day, upper 60's at night. Needless to say, the hoodies go where we go now, as it gets a little chilly when the sun goes down. I also know it is only another 6 weeks or so before the hardtop goes back on for the winter☹

#111,048 ·
Replaced my original Dana 30 LP axle with my newly rebuilt Dana 30 HP axle with new 4.10 gears and an Aussie locker. Looking forward to hitting the trails to see how it works! For the most part, I can't tell any difference going down the road with it in two wheel drive, and so far, I haven't even heard the thing clicking going around corners (of course 25 years as a Jet Engine Mechanic wreaked havoc on my hearing, so I'm not the best one to use for that!).

#111,050 ·
Freeagent27 said:
Mine coming off tomorrow. No rain in forecast for the next week...80's in the day, upper 60's at night. Needless to say, the hoodies go where we go now, as it gets a little chilly when the sun goes down. I also know it is only another 6 weeks or so before the hardtop goes back on for the winter☹
You guys all talk like the hardtop and full doors are bad. EVERY Winter promises a snowmageddon & winter wheeling with your friends. Lolz sure there's no bikinis or beach wheeling but hey you get to see how well your winter gear (tires, and lift) hold up.

#111,051 ·
You guys all talk like the hardtop and full doors are bad. EVERY Winter promises a snowmageddon & winter wheeling with your friends. Lolz sure there's no bikinis or beach wheeling but hey you get to see how well your winter gear (tires, and lift) hold up.
I was back in Fairfax in the middle of August when it was ridiculously humid and hot.

No thanks.

#111,052 ·
I was back in Fairfax in the middle of August when it was ridiculously humid and hot.

No thanks.
Hard top and full doors in the winter. No top or doors during the summer. Wouldn't do it any other way

#111,053 ·
I cleaned up a little rust on the tub pinch seam under the tailgate. I also noticed I have an oil leak. It appears to be the rear main. Fun stuff.

To join the top and doors convo, I always wanted full doors and a soft top. I ended up getting one with half doors. I didn't really want them at first, but I don't think I'd rather go any other way now. I'm worried about how the winter is going to be, but the TJ probably won't be out much anyway. I'll bundle up when I wheel it in the snow.

#111,054 ·
Hard top and full doors in the winter. No top or doors during the summer. Wouldn't do it any other way
Oh, I did the 110* and humid thing in Kansas when I had a YJ. Bikini top and soft half doors for 6 months, half doors and soft top for 2 months, and a hard top and doors for the rest.

Here on the mountain, 75* is hot. Over the weekend, I was in Denver and it was near 90* with the top off. I was uncomfortable.

#111,056 ·
batty505 said:
Downfall is my location. Chicago doesn't lend itself to very many prime wheeling locations to start with. Then throw in the possibility of winter lasting from November to May, it can get damn depressing in this neck of the concrete jungle. Our four wheeling in the snow only lasts up till the 1st salt truck hits the pavement. I watch you tube videos of guys wheeling in the snow and the mountains and it makes me want to get the heck out of here that's for sure.