What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5548 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 04-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #83206
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Took the gf out to one of the lakes around flagstaff with the doors and top off. About 60 miles round trip. It was so nice to drive with one hand and not wander on the road with new tre's

Unread 04-27-2013, 06:07 PM   #83207
Trisalsa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finally warm enough to go topless. Hoping the warmer weather is here to stay.
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #83208
kerrffc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC

Here is the side view
Mother of God......

OT: drove by it sitting in the hertz lot. Work gives me a rental when I'm in the field. I miss it.

I almost forgot that you could get more than 20mpg in an automobile. Haha.
kerrffc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #83209
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
Here is the side view
That is sad, cover it in black and bury it.
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #83210
etterdog
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Took the hardtop off and put the soft top on. It was a nice day out so it was a good day to let her run around topless for sum un constrictive breathing.
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #83211
NotSoMelloYello
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade88

I want them flat black, dunno why I thought it would go well with the rockers and top I hadn't thought of the color match stuff might give that a shot now
Gotta go color matched. I hemmed and hawed about it with mine. You tell me which you think looks better. Cost an arm and a leg to get them painted bc my jeep is a custom color and they couldn't blend them into the rest of the body bc then the full doors wouldn't look right. But in the end I think it was work it.
image-2425278582.jpg   image-2046495552.jpg  
NotSoMelloYello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #83212
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday
128 bolts later and 4 hours, Krawlers are mounted.
Look sick.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #83213
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

started my v8 swap.
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #83214
Richisinyoface
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post

Nice touch to a fine machine!

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
Richisinyoface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #83215
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holaday View Post
Very nice. You won't be disappointed in them. I love mine. They get me into and out of all sorts of crazy stuff.
Unread 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #83216
tjwaterloo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

New to all this, spent my first real day with my new (to me) 2002 TJ Sport:

- Took the hard top off and took my kids for a ride around the neighborhood. They are now believers!

- Had the check engine light come on. Crap. Was going to spring ~$100 for a code reader but this place saved the day with the on-off-on-off-on trick. It's just a P0138 (O2 sensor voltage), whew. Rolled underneath it and the O2 sensors on the front are pretty easy to get to (and I think P0138 points to one of the lower ones, will confirm before replacing it myself later).

- Took out the rear seat and center console and gave everything a good shop vac and clean.

- Started working on the surface rust. There's no carpet, so I can see the tub is great inside, but has some minor surface rust spots in the foot areas around the rear interior. I've also got a fair amount of rust spots on the outside. My plan is to sand, use paint/rust remover wheel, then rust primer and finally match the PS2 "bright silver" it seems to have from the factory (can't find the paint label sticker anywhere though). If I'm doing something stupid here or missing a step, please let me know.

- Noticed the front right is sitting about 1-2 inches higher than the left, I can see it when looking at the TJ head on. Is this an adjustment issue? Not much experience with suspension, may take some pics and add them tomorrow.

My god those hard tops are heavy. And how I wish the last owner(s) had used anti-seize on some of the bolts. Sheered all 3 remaining back seat bolts in half removing them, even after they sat in PB blaster for an hour. Gonna have to look up how to drill them out.
tjwaterloo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #83217
njohnson412
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peicherokee View Post
Installed flush mount led tails, and reverse lights
I like the reverse light idea!! I might do that but with fkush lights. How did you do it? Im guessing drill hole run wire and wedge them in.
Sienna jeep club #63
njohnson412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #83218
njohnson412
2001 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE="tjwaterloo;15357563"]New to all this, spent my first real day with my new (to me) 2002 TJ Sport:

- Noticed the front right is sitting about 1-2 inches higher than the left, I can see it when looking at the TJ head on. Is this an adjustment issue? Not much experience with suspension, may take some pics and add them tomorrow.

You most likely have a blown shock. Its the perfect excuse for yoir wife to buy a lift because you already need a new shock!
Sienna jeep club #63
njohnson412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #83219
luisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My lil jeep was still covered in mud, got stopped in the road by some high school girls advertising a car wash for their prom, they made me promise to come back...
so i did, when they others saw all the mud their only response was "Challenge Accepted" made my day
they still only got the body clean still have to get under it... :-/
luisi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #83220
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisi View Post
My lil jeep was still covered in mud, got stopped in the road by some high school girls advertising a car wash for their prom, they made me promise to come back...
so i did, when they others saw all the mud their only response was "Challenge Accepted" made my day
they still only got the body clean still have to get under it... :-/
They accepted the challenge, they should get under it.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.