What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5489 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #82321
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I don't get the point. I either want sun, or I don't. That half light would annoy me. Safari top is all I need.
I want the sun, but I burn really easy. Seriously, within minutes I'll look like a lobster (plus my family has a history of skin cancer). I didn't get a bikini top because I didn't want to buy a header as well. Maybe one day if I get the Rampage bowless.

Unread 04-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #82322
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Got it back from having an engine/trans skid built and installed.
engine-skid-002-2-.jpg  
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #82323
Holaday
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I don't get the point. I either want sun, or I don't. That half light would annoy me. Safari top is all I need.
Still has an open top feel, but I am not fried at the end of the day when wheeling. Plus, it is tough to damage when laid into a tree
Holaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #82324
topperaviation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdevore
Changing out the Radiator AGAIN!!!! 3rd thime is the charm right? Only saving grace is that NAPA has a lifetime on it, but it still is a big pain in the ***!
I changed mine out to a Drake Offroad all aluminum.....it cost a bite more but it was totally worth it

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
topperaviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #82325
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Removed rear seat brackets... Now my tool boxes sit nice and flat.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #82326
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
Removed rear seat brackets... Now my tool boxes sit nice and flat.

Sent from my TJ
hey glad I caught you again...I couldn't see/remember your year model from the phone.

So you clearanced the header and plastic, no problems?

I found a free bestop drill style that is going to work with my OEM bikini so I'm stoked. Generous JFer sending it my way.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #82327
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Let me put it this way... I spend a lot of time in the jeep. I sit on construction sites all day and the jeep is my office. I love going topless, but the bright sun makes it hard to see phone / iPad / computer screens (like right now).

Also, after about a week of topless riding, I'm dark as a Mexican.

Sent from my TJ
this is true dude, I looked like that suntan lady that was in the news a long while back...leather skin for sure. I made one out of white vinyl, it turned out cool, but not cheaper than the spidershade
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #82328
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

hey glad I caught you again...I couldn't see/remember your year model from the phone.

So you clearanced the header and plastic, no problems?

I found a free bestop drill style that is going to work with my OEM bikini so I'm stoked. Generous JFer sending it my way.
Yeah. All it took was grinding about 1/8" around the center loop. It didn't let me push the bracket down far enough to screw in.

Then I took about 1/2" off the back of the plastic since now the plastic doesn't tuck above the windshield.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #82329
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah. All it took was grinding about 1/8" around the center loop. It didn't let me push the bracket down far enough to screw in.

Then I took about 1/2" off the back of the plastic since now the plastic doesn't tuck above the windshield.

Sent from my TJ
Got it. Thanks again!
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #82330
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Took her off road down at the end of my "dead end" road. Only dead end if you don't drive a jeep

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #82331
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced my OPDA with a Dorman.

Put the dash back together after tracking down some dirty connections that were causing my gauges to stop working. Was a dirty connector under the steering wheel on the lower left panel. Looked like it had gotten wet and corroded. I painted the dash plastic iwith matte fusion paint and it looks pretty good.

'06 LJ
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #82332
MDTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced Blower Motor Resistor

I swapped in a new blower motor resistor, and now I have four speeds of airflow again. Found one for $15 by looking around. Some places wanted $30+
MDTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #82333
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Alright... Changed the backing track to a number from Kill Paris. Should be accessible on your phones and what not now. Thanks for watching
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #82334
MDTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha225 View Post
Took her off road down at the end of my "dead end" road. Only dead end if you don't drive a jeep
I did the same thing today. "Most people think this is a dead end" I said to myself.
MDTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #82335
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Placed an order to help ID my rough idle problem
image-1681766846.jpg  

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.