What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5470 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #82036
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Oh not much, put a decal on my windshield. More if a temporary/joke. Little back story on the decal. I have a buddy who had his 73 vega drag car re painted and re lettered/decal this winter, and this was part of what's leftover.

I like the style of the vinyl, but not necessarily the decal word. But hey, you can't put a price on good friends and good fun

Sent from my couch while drinking a nice cold beer

image-2244163004.jpg   image-4031762921.jpg  
anotherlilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #82037
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hillbillly....I need to get me a sticker like that.
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #82038
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That decal is a reflective black, and actually looks damn good. But the letters are a little tall so the tail of the "Y" hangs down right into the top of my view. That's what was meant by the word. I am not too proud to embrace my stereotype... Haha

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #82039
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherlilguy View Post
That decal is a reflective black, and actually looks damn good. But the letters are a little tall so the tail of the "Y" hangs down right into the top of my view. That's what was meant by the word. I am not too proud to embrace my stereotype... Haha

right on, that's what I'm talkin bout

I'm serious though, I'm going to get one made...probably different style, but it's right up my alley Not to mention my wife calls me that from time to time, especially when I come up with some genius solution for fixing a problem on the jeep

Thinking of trying a play on it though, maybe "WHEELBILLY"
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #82040
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

I'm serious though, I'm going to get one made...probably different style, but it's right up my alley Not to mention my wife calls me that from time to time, especially when I come up with some genius solution for fixing a problem on the jeep

My friends refer to me as the "sophisticated redneck" if it wasn't so long, I'd have that on my good decal.

They find it funny that I'm in to jeeps, guns, and barbecue, but eat organic vegetables, former coffee and craft beer.

OT-
Put the top back on
Can't wait to pick the bikini hardware up over the weekend and lose the full top.

Sent from my TJ
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #82041
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0IIIIIII0 View Post
My friends refer to me as the "sophisticated redneck" if it wasn't so long, I'd have that on my good decal.

They find it funny that I'm in to jeeps, guns, and barbecue, but eat organic vegetables, former coffee and craft beer.

OT-
Put the top back on
Can't wait to pick the bikini hardware up over the weekend and lose the full top.

Sent from my TJ
I feel you I used to drive a real nice audi and enjoyed stepping out of it around town wearing some overalls and no shirt

On Topic - It's been raining quite good here for the past few days, I dooshed the interior real nice yesterday as water had collected on the tounneau and I backed out of a parking spot a little too quickly...I have GOT to pull the drain plugs and carpet SOON
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #82042
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

Go for it, post pictures up when it's done. As for the not driving the stereotypical vehicle, I lived in Colorado springs when I was in the military, and I got all sorts of funny looks when I would go out in public rocking my redneck attire. Bibs, boots, flannel and generally worn out clothing. As Phil would say, "yuppies!" I guess they don't understand.

Unread 04-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #82043
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

hillbilly lols - I'll definitely post pics
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #82044
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyk803c View Post
Still have 2 years to go for me. Can't wait for that day to arrive.
Mine would have been 2 years longer but thanks to the deer that hit me I just laid cash on top of the $2800 insurance check.

I'll live with the crinkle in the hood and door for a paid off Jeep.
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #82045
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin View Post
hahahahah been there...did not end well for me. It's amazing how much water weighs.
A little more than 8lbs per gallon.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #82046
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD06X View Post

wow i gotta check that out. I never knew that was there and I've lived here 7 years. I guess i don't get out enough.
^ Ditto - been here 8 yrs myself and first I've heard or seen of it.
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #82047
Corigirlloves

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Its minor but it makes me happy- changed my windshield decal

forumrunner_20130404_112931.jpg

forumrunner_20130404_112940.jpg
Trail Jammers, NC
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/n...bicon-2137905/
Corigirlloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #82048
Batty505a
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop
Just noticed the spare tire shaking on the tailgate, and after inspection saw my new wheels are about 2 inches from the rubber bump stops on the tailgate. Does anyone know if they make extended bump stops for the TJ? I saw some homemade bumpstops made out of PVC when i did a quick google search, but thats way too crude. I want to at least use some rubber if i make my own.
Threaded hockey pucks?
Batty505a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #82049
77midget
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Test drove it after putting the steering gear and lines back together last night. Also adjusted my e-brake and passed my state inspection!
77midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #82050
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tried fixing my broken bump stop bolt last night, since I'm taking it wheeling this weekend. I drilled out the broken bolt and used the easy out which then broke off and now there's nothing to grip on it to get it out. You can't drill out that type of metal as well. No torches or anything available right now.... UGH!
I do have a plan to fix it which means welding a 2" metal bump stop to the top of the coil bucket until I can remove the buckets and fix them properly when I out board the shocks and move the upper coil mounts.
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.