What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 547 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 10-29-2007, 02:35 AM   #8191
Blaster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

got my pro comp bumpers in and put them on the other day no mods required. The add said there would be drilling required for the 97 TJ I didnt find anything that needed drilling. The rear came with 8 bolts with lock washers and backing plates 4 on each side and there are tabs also that tie it into the frame on each side. The weld on the receiver hitch goes through both sides and looks good the d-ring attachments look to be welded good I have pics just don't know how to post them.The cost for both front and rear with d-rings on both and receiver on the rear came up to $298.92 that was with shipping UPS ground. For the money I think you would be hard pressed to beat the quality. if you need the link here it is.

#66162 and #66168

http://www.4wd.com/subcategories.aspx?jeep-sid=237

Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:20 AM   #8192
tokyonavy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday: Took the doors off. Removed the side steps. Took the back seat out. Ripped out all the carpet.

Soon: Bedliner and nerf bar.
tokyonavy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:52 AM   #8193
Rob in Arabia
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Took the ends off the bumpers and relocated the GPS mounting, in readiness for a trip to the desert on Friday. If I get time tonight, the hardtop is coming off and the safari top is going on - it's 35 degrees celcius in the day, with 60 per cent humidity, and close to perfect wheelin' weather for me.
Rob in Arabia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #8194
Okiiashi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rotated tires and tightened the rear shoes for a snugger brake pedal
()_) ()_)---)_)RED JEEP #446
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” - Will Rogers
Okiiashi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:39 AM   #8195
omgsideburns

greased all the joints and put my windows and doors on.. its getting too cold for me.. 50s at night. lol.
omgsideburns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 11:43 AM   #8196
98 Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

1" body lift done (though I need to go back and notch the transfer case bracket) and am getting the full size spare tire on now.

White Jeep Club Member #5448
98 Wrangler TJ Sahara

98 Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #8197
ian0341fo
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Not so much today as over the weekend... Had gotten my jeep stuck in water, and filled the tranny with water. Since it was acting up anyway, I pulled it out and had it rebuilt, as well is the t-case. Also installed a JB Converstions Super Short SYE.

I put it back in Saturday, which was a good time, especially when I screwed up the threads on the front transmission cooler line. Took a file and a pick to it and straightened them out. Went to start it up, and heard a great commotion in the bell housing area. As soon as I noticed that, I noticed that it was spitting fluid out of the front pump/converter area. Oh boy! Pulled it back out Sunday and took it down the guy who rebuilt my transmission. He replaced the front seal, and gave me a nifty little tool to align the pump and the splines to aid in putting the converter in. I put it back in Sunday afternoon, started it up and booyah! She ran like a charm!

Now all I have to do is wait on my Tom Woods driveshaft which is arriving tomorrow, and I can put my Mach 1 up for the winter. THANK GOD!!

Side note: On the SYE, JB Conversions say that you need to buy a Chrysler connector kit, but that damn thing is $30!! Being the cheap bastard that I am, I just made up quick disconnects for it and returned the wiring kit. Seems to work just fine. I filled the connectors with dielectric grease, and put some heatshrink around them.
Unread 10-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #8198
rgingerelli99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Washed it after a long day of wheeling at Hollister.

Before:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...j/P1010087.jpg

After:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...j/P1010088.jpg
3.5" Rubicon Express Super-Flex Lift, 285x75x16 BF Goodrich A/T TA KO's, Black Jeep Moab's, Or-Fab Tire/Can Carrier, Hi-lift, MAX AXE, Warn Front Bumper w/ Warn 8274, Custom Sliders & Rear Bumper, CB, Warn Diff. Guards & Gas Tank Skid & Steering Box Skid, Dana 30/44, 3.73's, Magnaflow, And lots more on the way...

Last edited by rgingerelli99tj; 10-30-2007 at 08:38 PM..
rgingerelli99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #8199
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

put back seat in, and added new interior light
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #8200
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

removed the factory mudflaps that I had just stoopidly kept forgetting to take off for a VERY long time. looks better. but now I have to remove the bumper milkjugs as soon as I find the Mopar endcaps.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:55 PM   #8201
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

We dont need no stinkin' endcaps!
Unread 10-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #8202
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

took my front drive shaft out vibes are gone and also shifts a lot better. need to re build front carrier.

Also cut a bit out of my tummy tuck to make room for my Tcase which was hitting just a bit.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #8203
cincytj

got the 4000RPM bug out of the TJ

sounds like this now....
knoblock rear bumper, OBA in process,
bestop tire carrier, 35-12.5-16 trXus MT's on MOABs with 1.25 spidertrax
Currie HD steering
Nth Degree 6" LA kit. Garvin Wilderness Rack w/hi-lift mnt
HEMI & 5spd Auto
cincytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:13 PM   #8204
03Wrangler

gotta love the gas light...

the speedometer rises as the gas gauge falls....

sounds nice, with a 0-60 of around 7

to contribute to the thread..

I did a oil change and rotated the tires... cleaned it up and now it's ready for winter..
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #8205
UPSucks
GO BIG RED!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

This was all done while watching the Redskins get their butts handed to them yesterday.

Installed my third brake light on my atozfabrication rear bumper/tire carrier. Wrapped the wire with some conduit. Blew some fuses,,,fixed the problem....drank beer,,,,threw up. Ain't done that for a long time.

Removed the softop and put the hardtop back on.....I forgot how quiet it is with the hardtop on. I can actually hear my stereo without turning it up.
UPSucks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.