What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #796
aeguy010
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ahh yes finally 70 degrees in Cleveland, I took off the half doors and the rear window, drove up and down in and out, The wind felt awsome, cant wait for more good weather, then made it back to the garage before rain started!

aeguy010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 12:44 PM   #797
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeguy010
Ahh yes finally 70 degrees in Cleveland, I took off the half doors and the rear window, drove up and down in and out, The wind felt awsome, cant wait for more good weather, then made it back to the garage before rain started!
Yep... took the top down yesterday after work for the ride home. Actually it was the 2nd time this year it was warm enough

If it wasn't for the rain today, I'd have left the top/doors at home this morning!

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #798
mike481
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just put in my new XD9000I and new synthetic winch line. Tomorrow the locker goes in the Dana 30.

RIP 4-14-2012
mike481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:07 PM   #799
tommaho
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed DIY hand throttle and recycled my old TC drop pucks to raise the drivers seat.

Best $8 I've spent on the Jeep yet.

Tom
Unread 04-01-2006, 08:58 PM   #800
genakab
1998 TJ Wrangler 

FINALLY got some parts that i had no money for: 2" lift, hood locks, mirror brackets, sport handles, flowmaster 40 (doesnt sound as good as i expected). still to come: paint fender flares black, cut angles in the front bumper, tires, rims, 1" BL, black SS gas tank cover, etc. some of the "cheap tricks and mods" threads have some really good ideas if you havent seen them yet
genakab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 09:16 PM   #801
Tripwire

Changed the oil on my own for the first time. Hopefully there is still some left in the engine when I check it in the morning!
Tripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #802
jage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripwire
Changed the oil on my own for the first time. Hopefully there is still some left in the engine when I check it in the morning!
Hopefully you put some back in after taking the old out!
jage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #803
HVACman
Mmmmmm.... Milk!

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Started removing the engine to make room for the stroker

A beaver without a pelt is like a peacock without feathers.

Memberships: California Association Of 4WD Clubs - Friends Of The Rubicon - The Blue Ribbon Coalition

K6CKR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
How many times have we told you . DON"T DUMP THE BODIES CLOSE TO YOUR HOME!!
HVACman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #804
Tripwire

Quote:
Hopefully you put some back in after taking the old out!
Yeah, I put a quart in afterwards. Its running a little rough now, but I figure its because it has to get use to the new oil.

jk
Tripwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #805
JMaldo

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Painted undercarage with some undercoat rubberized paint: Placed new head unit in her....Pulled (cut) old rollbar pad off(ordered new)
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #806
eastieboy96

Took my hard top off and made a stand for it on friday. Almost left her out topless in the rain yesterday afternoon. Got her in the garage JUST in time for a good down poor. That inspired me to modify my Noah Quick cover so I can get it on behind my snorkel. Time to learn how to sew.
eastieboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:13 AM   #807
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Took it for a quick ride after washing the inside of it with a hose. Ended up on an old dirt road that i havent been on since i was a kid. Well, i forgot there was a sharp turn right after a hill. Ended up sliding sideways down the road, swerving through some guys yard around a tree, and over a small dirt mound back onto the road. The home owner was pretty cool about it. Told me he didnt wanna have to call an ambulance and that i handled the vehicle rather well. Although if i wasnt going so fast this wouldnt have happened. Kinda a great lesson, since by the end of this month i'll have 2" of lift and a 1" BL/BMML. With that stuff on i'm pretty sure i would have had a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #808
FlaJeepin
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I took that chrome POS grill cover off. I don't know why I waited so long to do that.
FlaJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #809
bondo303

I did a lot today.

Did a front brake job.

Rotated tires.

Found that damn noise that I had coming from the rear axle ever since I put the lift on. Turned out that both of the upper mounts for the rear sway bar needed to be retorqued.

Started getting slight death wobble this week...traced it down to the front adj trackbar loosened up a little bit. Retorqued it.

Installed a set of Mopar Trail Corners.

Took the uppers off of the doors and rolled the back window and went for a nice long test drive.

-Bondo

48 CJ2A
bondo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 02:09 PM   #810
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Rubicon Express Budget Boost, did the JKS 1.25" BL and BMML on Friday, and also got my new 32x11.50 Kumho MT's mounted and balanced.
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.