What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-29-2006, 09:07 AM   #781
cmorganf64
1999 WJ 

Not today, but my day off Monday.....

Cut down the front bumper...I really like it!

Painted the front bumper

Painted the milk jugs on the back bumper till I can weld the cut-offs from the front to the back bumper

Painted the license plate holder

Installed 10K lbs tow hooks

Finished the shelf for the 12' sub box and stapped it down. (I like the mild boom)

Washed the green beast and was going to pin-stipe it but couldnt find the new pins I bought (cheesy...maybe, but I kind of like the look)

Really scrubbed the soft top....I think Im gonna try somple green next time for a couple of stains...but I cnt really bring myself to spray that stuff on the top and let it get to the paint....

Thats it I think!

Good manly day.....got to tinker with the jeep!

ChrisM

cmorganf64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 09:22 AM   #782
de6w6it

Finally got around to putting in a home-made hand throttle.
I also assembled my little electrical box to hook up to my MAP sensor to be able to adjust it's input voltage to in turn adjust the duty cycle on the injectors. Gonna be great to be able to tune that... Now I just have to install it....
de6w6it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 11:19 AM   #783
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by de6w6it
I also assembled my little electrical box to hook up to my MAP sensor to be able to adjust it's input voltage to in turn adjust the duty cycle on the injectors. Gonna be great to be able to tune that... Now I just have to install it....
Why would you want/need to do that?

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 11:27 AM   #784
BigJeepJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
I was wondering the same thing.

[URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v516/JeepJay/[/URL]

TJ Stretch Thread...

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348220&page=3[/URL]
BigJeepJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #785
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's for time travel silly!!
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #786
GaytorHater703

Finally installed my LOD HD rear bumper and tire carrier (Monday), Put on a set of locking door lugs with black plastic coating (this past saturday), and took off my am/fm radio antenna (today) and put a black one on.....keepin the black theme
GaytorHater703 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:32 PM   #787
de6w6it

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Adjusting the input voltage to the map sensor changes the duty cycle on the injectors, meaning that they stay on longer or shorter. More voltage=longer duty cycle, =more rich, and vice versa. This means you can adjust running lean to rich. A little richer mixture with some timing adjustments and you would be surprised the gains you get.
That way you can account for any modifications that would require more fuel to the motor. Everyone says that chips and programmers and such work, but that the motor relearns proper values, and you end up not getting much out of those mods. This is a permanent change to the motor settings. Also, if you upgrade injectors, or increase air flow, it can benefit you by allowing for a fine adjustment on how rich/lean the motor runs, without going through the fuel economy type filters which govern how the ecm regulates the motor.
If I wanted to time travel, I would need a flux capacitor, and those are a little harder to build than a voltage adjuster/regulator.
de6w6it is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #788
Toombs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Is that going to work? It's my understanding that it uses that for it's primary fuel metering, but then relies on the O2 to fine tune the mixture from there. It's not going to be happy if you alter that signal, but not the O2 feedback. It'll try to compensate or throw a code for a malfunctioning O2, I would think. Good luck with that.

Mike
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:23 PM   #789
TJ Willy
2008 JK Wrangler 

Picked up custom Battery Cables. Gonna swap in the Yellow Top tonight hopefully for the Red Top.
TJ Willy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #790
MDcracker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I relocated my mirrors from my doors to the windsheild cowl on my 2003 sport. We gotta have side mirrors on in MD and I wanna take the doors off. The brackets only cost me bout 25 bucks.
MDcracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #791
Bren Gun
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Finished rattle-canning my a to z rockers and removed the old side steps and mini flare in prep for them. Steps and flares up for sale now...
www.this-old-jeep.com
Bren Gun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #792
Trombino
1978 CJ7 

Just added a JKS 1.25" body lift this afternoon. Gonna tackle the BMML in the AM, along with the RE BB and get the new tires mounted (32x11.50 Kumho MT 834's).
Trombino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #793
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

IPF Fatboys with IPF E code lamps and wire harness.......I can easily see a block away, also did the fog light override.
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #794
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finished taking the axles out, still have to drain them and get the front shafts out. They are going to be re geared and the rear is going to be locked. Also started on the Kilby OBA set up. got the compressor in and realized that I forgot to put the washers on it, so I had to take it all back apart again.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #795
fireman483

Yesterday I put the insurance back on the Jeep! Sadly I took it off the truck since I sold it. But NOW I can finally get the Jeep out of the garage. Man, the thing is squirrelly, ...no more long wheelbase on the truck... I'll see you guys (and gals) on the roads and trails....so WAVE!
fireman483 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.