Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#104,061 ·
Yup thats YellowJacket. My brother driving last weekend.

and the broken JK outer shaft in the 4 door Rubicon who tried to follow me.

That thing must have been in a serious bind. lol

Looks like the Hokies and the VOLS will be meeting up in Bristol,TN in 2016. Should be an awesome game.

#104,065 ·
That thing must have been in a serious bind. lol

Looks like the Hokies and the VOLS will be meeting up in Bristol,TN in 2016. Should be an awesome game.
he wasnt really. front passenger side fell into a hole, drug the axle tube on a rock, gave it a little gas and SNAP. when i say "a little" i truly mean just a little. Was standing 10 feet in front of it with the go-pro filming.

football season should be interesting this season. hopefully we can beat OHIO State again.

#104,066 ·
Did a dry steer test and found out I need a lower intermediate steering shaft. Looked it up and WOW!!! $300.00 plus or minus for new. Hmmmmmm.... wait until I tell mama that.
Call up Davey's, they sell used shafts for $75. I just bought one from them and for me it beats a $300+ factory replacement...

#104,067 ·
Currie makes a female type JJ specifically for RE arms

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=3754
That's cool but my uppers are the only arms that are adjustable. My lowers would need to be inserts. The rear upper flex joints need to be replaced and a couple of the lowers. I plan on replacing the arms and I already have the MC springs waiting to go in. I will probably buy a rebuild for the bad joints for now and then purchase the MC arms when the funds are there.

#104,068 ·
Call up Davey's, they sell used shafts for $75. I just bought one from them and for me it beats a $300+ factory replacement...
Thanks for the advise. I might go this way, but if I can find a way to afford it, the upgraded Borgeson with the different joint sure seems like a good idea. Of course any excuse for an upgrade, right. I need to spend extra money right now about as much as I need a another hole in the .... oh, well, you know. Hahahaha!!!!:rolleyes:

#104,069 ·
he wasnt really. front passenger side fell into a hole, drug the axle tube on a rock, gave it a little gas and SNAP. when i say "a little" i truly mean just a little. Was standing 10 feet in front of it with the go-pro filming.
Wow, from the looks of the damage it looks like it was bound up pretty badly.

football season should be interesting this season. hopefully we can beat OHIO State again.
Yes sir, I hope my VOLs will improve upon last season and be ready for VT in 2016.

#104,071 ·
Busy weekend, I finally got my 17" Vanco big break kit installed along with some new ball joints, unit bearings, RCV axles and Currectlnyc HD steering. I plan on doing an after action review of the installed items later this week. Jeep rides very nice now and stops even better (thanks MrBlaine)

#104,073 ·
Damn that is a good weekend...how much bump do you need to clear that ARB cover?
3" bump stops where added to the lower spring pads with the RE lift kit, I've done nothing else with it, I had the springs out and fully cycled the front and had no binding and cleared everything including the diff cover. Lower limit was the track bar at the lower bracket and both shocks all at the same time (diff vent hose was too short so I added a new one with 5 extra inches)

#104,074 ·
I haven't been on here in awhile and got a random email notification about this thread and another thread recently so figured I may as well post something.

I'm not sure what the last thing was I posted in here so I'll just post the most recent. I finally got around to installing a louver to (hopefully) remedy heat soak in the rocks. It only took 4 years. Lol

If it doesn't work, I have an idea for e-fans in the side of the fenders. Guess I'll find out this weekend.

Lookin' good Brando !

#104,075 ·
sgtduke said:
Busy weekend, I finally got my 17" Vanco big break kit installed along with some new ball joints, unit bearings, RCV axles and Currectlnyc HD steering. I plan on doing an after action review of the installed items later this week. Jeep rides very nice now and stops even better (thanks MrBlaine)
Looks like you have a drop track bar bracket. And also not a drop pitman arm. Am I right?