What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5182 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #77716
Bordr329
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Finished testing installing mml and remove tc drop. Now i am getting alot of engine vibration with brown dog super flex rubber mounts? Plus my engine seems much much louder?

Bordr329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #77717
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubaru2002 View Post
If you didn't support the transmission when you removed the skid plate, then the entire motor, transmission, and transfer case were being suspended by only the front two motor mounts.
And the exhaust hanger at the transmission mount...
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #77718
blubaru2002
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead

True. Forgot about that one.
blubaru2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #77719
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckelhead

I knew I shouldn't have tried to cut corners, didn't think about it at the time trying to change u-joints on axles to make a wheeling trip...but now I know, thanks for the heads up guys
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #77720
fairfax
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj View Post
Yes your skid plate holds the trans/transfer case up, you'll need to support the trans before removing the skid plate
Thanks!
fairfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #77721
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairfax View Post
Christmas break began for me so I got it on jack stands and pulled my tires. Gonna sand blast the wheels and then either re-paint or powder coat them. The PO sprayed an awful matte black over worse chrome and it's all starting to chip. I'm staying black but I want them to SHINE.

Tomorrow I'm pulling my transfer case. It needs to be replaced, and I found a used one for $100. It should hold out long enough to get me through college and into my own garage.

Question: I started taking my trans-skid off today and it seems to provide some sort of support for the bell housing/transfer case. Is this true? If so, what's the best way to get it off? Think basic home garage. I don't really have any specialized tools/lifts at my disposal.
When I dropped my skid I took two pieces of 2x4 and used them edgewise against the pan bolts and one to span across and supported it with a floor jack. No driving but I could drop the skid and clean it up.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #77722
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD06X View Post
Did a quick bumper swap..

Before:

Naked:

After: - Light decisions will be made tomorrow..
So that is what that bumper will look like when I get my lights!!! Ha ha thanks gonna order them soon. Hope you enjoy the bumper.

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #77723
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Changed out plugs, wires, distributor caps, and rotor button. Runs much smoother now.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #77724
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced my exhaust manifold and exhaust gasket. The manifold had a crack in it plus it and the intake manifold were only being held onto the head with only 5 out of the 7 bolts. The gasket, what was left of it, came off in three pieces

Jeep is purring like a kitten right about now. Soo eerie to hear what my jeep is supposed to sound like rather than what I heard for the last year that I had her. So quiet inside the cab that I almost ate a curb making a turn because I was too focused on listening rather than seeing that I lost grip in the after rain until I felt the rear swing out a bit

Next up.....new tires and an Aussie locker for the front.

image-3888717042.jpg

image-78220734.jpg
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #77725
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordr329 View Post
Finished testing installing mml and remove tc drop. Now i am getting alot of engine vibration with brown dog super flex rubber mounts? Plus my engine seems much much louder?
I noticed the same thing when I installed my BD MML, now it's sitting on a shelf. My jeep is a 4cyl and they produce more vibrations than the 4.0.
I guess I need to dig them out and try and sell them....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 06:13 AM   #77726
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordr329 View Post
Check the thru-bolts, if they're tightened too much, that'll translate into vibes. Doesn't take much. Try letting off of Em a bit and see if it lessens your vibes.
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #77727
MrWhitaker0619
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Took the light off of under the hood and put it in my center console lid. After putting an LED in it.
Fuel [COLOR="blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Interco[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]Besttop[/COLOR]- [COLOR="Red"]Kicker[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Blue"]JVC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="White"]CORBEAU[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Black"]Tuffy[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]KC[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]L.O.D[/COLOR] - [COLOR="White"]PSC[/COLOR] -[COLOR="Silver"] Rubicon Express[/COLOR] - [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Viking[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Red"]Warn[/COLOR] - [COLOR="Yellow"]Gibson[/COLOR][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][COLOR="blue"]/l ,[___],
l--L --OlllllO-
[COLOR="Black"]()_) ()_)[COLOR="Blue"]-o-[/COLOR])_)[/COLOR][/COLOR][INDENT]03 TJ X[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
MrWhitaker0619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #77728
WKdeuce
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX View Post
Quick question, and anyone been successful at making their own control arms? Not saying I'm really planning on it, but I was looking around at some today as just wondered if anyone has tried to fab their own yet
yea, I made these rear uppers a couple weeks back. I used.
(2) CE-9113B
(2) CE-9112P
(2) johny joints I already had, you might be able to use - CE-9112N-13
and some 1.5" square tube.

WKdeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #77729
ninjaturtle0
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep started having a ticking noise, sounds like a deisel engine. Put some Sea Foam in the crank and drove for about 80 miles then changed the oil.

Used VR1 Conventional, tick instantly went away!!
ninjaturtle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #77730
0IIIIIII0
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaturtle0
Jeep started having a ticking noise, sounds like a deisel engine. Put some Sea Foam in the crank and drove for about 80 miles then changed the oil.

Used VR1 Conventional, tick instantly went away!!
Your jeep started ticking?! I don't believe it! No such thing as a ticking engine!!

I kid of course... Mines been ticking for nearly 50k miles. Seafoam, mmo, and Lucas be damned.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
- Samuel Adams
0IIIIIII0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.