Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#103,282 ·
Leffnasty said:
Changed the oil for some fresh t6 that was on sale, cleaned the garage up and then finished up the install of my metalcloak control arms and track bar. Looking good!
can you notice a tangible difference? I'm slowly replacing my current lift. About to buyMC track and rear lowers, would like to buy fronts as well if they'll instantly blow my mind. Maybe I'm being too hopeful. Doing it by the end of next month

#103,283 ·
Leffnasty said:
Changed the oil for some fresh t6 that was on sale, cleaned the garage up and then finished up the install of my metalcloak control arms and track bar. Looking good!
can you notice a tangible difference? I'm slowly replacing my current lift. About to buyMC track and rear lowers, would like to buy fronts as well if they'll instantly blow my mind. Maybe I'm being too hopeful. Doing it by the end of next month
You for me I can really feel the difference in the small bumbs in the road and thinks whoops on the trail. Handles them much better. Only problem I ran into is that my heim joint for the front track bar developed some play causing a shimmy and death wobble if I'm not careful. Metal cloak stood behind their product and is sending me a new one. Great guys, Eric and Matson, to work with over there.

#103,287 ·
LukeADukes said:
You can indeed. My back and needs some more adjustment to get it just right, but the front is smooth as butter now. I didn't honestly notice any difference in ride from the track bar aside from curing my vibes at highway speeds. That or a similar problem would be the only reason that (I, personally) would replace the track bar(s).

#103,296 ·
HF cotter pin kit includes 555 pins at less than a penny each.

HF grease fitting kit includes 50 zerks at about 13¢ each.

Dunno.

Get what you pay for maybe?
I don't use their grease fittings, but for the pins they don't see that much stress. You could get by with a paper clip. I have used them for 10 years and never had one break.