What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 513 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #7681
N_P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jered007
Attempt #2 to fix my "rear-hardtop-glass-wont-stay-shut" problem. Adjusted the tailgate latch bolt thing {raising the closed tailgate a tiny bit) and managed to lower the glass down on the hinges about 1/16-1/8". Seems like it's working now. We'll see in 2 wks. Also installed my 3rd "new car scent" tree-shaped air freshner (from a 3-pk). The good news - spent no money on the jeep... today.
I was having a similar problem with my rear window. Every time I would close a door, I noticed that the rear window would pop out a bit from the seal area on the tail gate. Of course after it did that, there would be a rattle in the back. I adjusted and readjusted but nothing worked.

Then one day while driving on a rough road, I notice a new noise in the back. Every time I hit a bump, I'd hear a a clunking sound like there was something loose near the back end.

I discovered that the previous owner had apparently removed the hard top at one time, and half of the bolts holding the top on were either loose, or there were no retaining nuts on the bolts at all. I tightened the loose ones & replaced the missing nuts. No more rear window popping out of place and no more rattles in the back.

You might want to take a look at your bolts.

My previous toy. 1976 416 UNIMOG
N_P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #7682
Jered007
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll go check that out this afternoon and (hopefully) problem solved! Yeah, having to unlock-open-shut-relock the gate to get the glass back into it's place is getting to be a huge pain, expecially when I have to do it ever 3-4 times I go somewhere.
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #7683
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

messed with my OBA, still waiting on some parts to come in but it will work for this weekends trip to big rock, will get pics tomorrow
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 02:29 PM   #7684
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDTJ35
thats a damn good idea, cut it out and make a box in there!!
i can get more details if you guys want them, just PM me, also found out it dont work on passenger side
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #7685
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

washed her after yankin' a jeep out of the mud.

After

Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM   #7686
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put the door surrounds on, doors on, top up, and windows on. I really really wanted to wait until at least October but it's getting to be too cold at 6am to drive to PT with the Jeep wide open (it was in the 40s this morning) and I was starting to catch a cold or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi22
washed her after yankin' a jeep out of the mud.
Are those the Quadratec windshield mounting brackets for your KCs?
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #7687
chainsaw620
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I installed my firestick, cb, and re-tightend my suspenison today after my jeep was lifted last week with a 4 inch superlift, works great and I love my 33" BFG M/Ts, Also put in my 10" subwoofer, new deck, and amp.
chainsaw620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #7688
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG
Are those the Quadratec windshield mounting brackets for your KCs?
They are the KC Hilite windshield mounts... bought from Quadratec.
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2007, 06:57 AM   #7689
wahala
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Dropped mine off at the local mechanic (not stealership) and having new ring and pinon and Trutracs installed in both diffs.
wahala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #7690
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Washed and dried it, took the doors off. Used my convert a top and put the tonneau cover on for the long weekend. Weather's perfect.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM   #7691
MillerTimeTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Put in a new battery as yesterday morning brought a nice click when turning the rig on.

Unfortunately this was a bad month for me financially so i couldnt get the optima, have to wait for the future for that i suppose.
Got the duralast gold 34 800cca amps gets her giong a bit quicker than the original (11 year old) battery. And the rigs only been mine for three months so dont judge the ancient battery lol

a
Unread 09-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #7692
sofixj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

put an 8in sub in the center console
subinjeep.jpg  
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_) only in a JEEP
sofixj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #7693
snellav
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Drove it for the first time in 2 weeks since surgery! I was stuck driving a prius. I wanted to kill myself
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:45 AM   #7694
LightningRod
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Put in RE 3.5 standard lift.
LightningRod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #7695
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

edit: deleted
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.