What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #7576
frankske_
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskTJ
Installed a wench .... now I have to adjust for sag ...: (

Attachment 36420

M
If you have stock springs, use XJ springs up front, that's what I did at first. I'll be 1/2" higher than stock.
I then swapped them out for some ZJ V8 springs front and rear. Front and rear will raise 1 1/2" (they did on mine with a Warn XP 9.5 anyway).

Unread 09-03-2007, 11:56 AM   #7577
muskoka
TJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankske_
If you have stock springs, use XJ springs up front, that's what I did at first. I'll be 1/2" higher than stock.
I then swapped them out for some ZJ V8 springs front and rear. Front and rear will raise 1 1/2" (they did on mine with a Warn XP 9.5 anyway).

Thanks for your input ... but I got er dialed in with a set of 2" spacers

lift.jpg

back to level
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #36
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 12:42 PM   #7578
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick98TJ
JK shocks are about an 1/8th of an inch shorter than 4" lift TJ shocks
What would happen if I run them with only a 2" lift ?

How is the ride with those shocks on a TJ ?
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #7579
Capeman29
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Did the krylon fusion trick on my fender flares, 2 hours and 3 spray cans later, my 02 looks like an 06!

Lets see how it holds up.
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:52 PM   #7580
Tommy R
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Drained the water from my Warn tire carrier (about a half gallon's worth) and then fabbed a Hi-Lift mount for it.
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:02 PM   #7581
AlTheKillerr

took the steps and side skirts off. turns out i dented my body the last time i went wheelin too. i knew i tore the skirt but didnt see the body damage. looks like its time for some rocker guards
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #7582
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeman29
Did the krylon fusion trick on my fender flares, 2 hours and 3 spray cans later, my 02 looks like an 06!

Lets see how it holds up.

3 cans? I only used 1 to get mine done. Then again, I did get some chips down to the faded grey on the last wheeling trip.
JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM   #7583
JBWood05TJ
Cut to Fit-Paint to Match

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWood05TJ
Pulled the stock output shaft and housing in preparation for the arrival tomorrow of my new AA SYE/TW CV kit!

And then fiddled around a little with the install on my CB. Made a bracket for the antenna, tried to decide where to mount the radio itself, and decided to oreder a Tuffy o/h console for it - so I did.
JBWood05TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2007, 07:31 PM   #7584
garthbrown
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Installed a new rear axle

I replaced my broken D35 with a new Rubicon D44 housing I'd stuffed with an ARB, Moser 35 spline 1.5" axles, a ZJ disc brake conversion, and a Riddler diff cover.

Nice to have a functioning rear end again! The brakes were running hot after the first test drive, but I tweaked the parking brake shoes and it seems fine now...

I'm excited about the 35 spline rear - but I'd do it differently next time around. I originally ordered the Alloy USA Mas Grande 35 spline shafts, but after two months of run-around from 4wheel parts and Alloy USA, 4wheel parts had a set of shafts custom manufactured at Moser. Took a long time, but they took care of the problem without any extra charges. Moral of the story is that really specialized parts can take a LONG time if anything goes wrong.
garthbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #7585
wahala
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Replaced the chrome bezels with black. While I had the bezels out, I went ahead and put in new Silverstar headlights. Put on Olympic nerf bars, washed it, then proceeded to get it dirty again going mushroom hunting.
wahala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #7586
Longspoon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got my personalized tags this weekend which I then put on. Also crammed 7 people into it, coulda prolly fit a coupla more but was still fun packing 7 in...
Join these groups... NGJC #4 - VA Jeepers - LJ Owners
"I'm not a Republican because I grew up rich, but because I didn't want to spend
the rest of my life poor, waiting for the government to rescue me." MH

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. - CR
Finally, a word to those of you out there who have yet to be offended by something I have written or said: Please be patient. I am working as fast as I can. - AC
Longspoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #7587
errinjan
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New pro comp es9000 shocks
(after dismembering my left front, on our first trail ride)
New JkS disconnects
New extended brake lines (blue covered braided stainless steel )
looking into power inverter to replace BFH and old chisel (small angle grinder much more effective)
errinjan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #7588
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

washed the mud off from two weeks ago
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #7589
mtgmike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fusion'ed my flares, headlight and fog light bezels, and put in a soundbar I bought on craigslist.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3244/9299/193017.jpg
mtgmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #7590
Davejb
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Replaced the bulbs that came with my Roundeyes with Sylvania Silverstars, replaced the stock fog bulbs with Silverstars, removed the bulb "covers" from the stock fogs, and cut the tabs off the bottom and angled them slightly outboard.

[COLOR="Blue"][B]Vote Quimby[/B][/COLOR]
Davejb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.