What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 5048 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 10-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #75706
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Had the same thing happen to me with my Sport's D44. The part was the right part (in the listing) but was NO WHERE CLOSE to the right part for the vehicle. I lost pretty much all my diff fluid before I caught it... thankfully I was only 0.5KM from home so I took it slow getting home... At least the underbody got some good rust protection!
Same dude, I was like 400 yards from home when I smelled the gear oil. Lucky me. I lost every bit of gear oil in that diff.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #75707
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No. In mcallen.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #75708
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX

They can't get a room because RealKTrain doesn't have a jeep to get there
Haha I haven't sold it yet, and sjones could always pick me up :flirt:

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #75709
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't even leave my house today, gave the jeep a rest. I did work with my dad on some preliminary sketches of what the front and rear bumpers we are building will look like. Here are his sketches of the front (he is an engineer so his drawing skills are superior) let me know what you guys think, the round things are lights, and we may build a stinger to add to it

image-3915528756.jpg
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:12 PM   #75710
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakaBrahTJ View Post
Very cool your Dad taking care of your Jeep while you're not there. And looks good.
Yea, I was honestly suprised. That's why I think he's getting the bug. And thanks! I think it looks bland until I get everything done on my list. Maybe new fenders or headlights for christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw View Post
You two need to get a room

On topic: did a little light wheeling since my lift and steering...bent something already **** it, just going to adjust the draglonk til it wont adjust no more
Um...no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
Haha I haven't sold it yet, and sjones could always pick me up :flirt:
Um...no.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #75711
Cavasar
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got my Jeep back from having the tranny rebuilt.
Bought my lift kit that I've been wanting since I was a sophomore in high school.
Found out I have an oil leak somewhere, hopefully it's "minor". Paying for it will be fun after $1375 tranny and $745 for the lift.
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #75712
RED6
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Getting the hardtop ready for the winter. Spent a few hours taping cleaning and painting the interior of the top. Why would anyone want white is beyond me, to each is their own. Painted it satin black and it looks great.
RED6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #75713
NC06LJRubi
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian86992 View Post
I'm not about to start a discussion on low COG I'm just saying that 5 - 10 years ago aftermarket Jeep products were all about the bigger the better. It wasn't until recently that small lifts and big tires made its way into the non hardcore crowd so it's no wonder the guy with 4 posts had no idea what you were talking about.
I appreciate the support earlier. I'm not new to offroad, but I am new to Jeeps. My last rig was a K5 with 1-tons with 5:13's and ARB's, big block on propane, ORD doubler tripple sticked, and 49 irok's with only 8 total inches of lift. Naturally this required LOTS of metal massaging and butchering. I'm not ready to go to that extent with my new toy, so I figured if I really want to be able to use it with 35's I would need some fender clearance. I flexed it out tonight with a forklift and can already stuff the fender with the sway bar disconnected.

I figured with so many Jeeps on the trails there must be something to it, so I'm gonna give it a go. Although it does seem odd to own something less than a week and already be cutting the factory control arm mounts off the frame! URE in 3 weeks, still lots of work to do!.

Mike
NC06LJRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #75714
Brian86992
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC06LJRubi

I appreciate the support earlier. I'm not new to offroad, but I am new to Jeeps. My last rig was a K5 with 1-tons with 5:13's and ARB's, big block on propane, ORD doubler tripple sticked, and 49 irok's with only 8 total inches of lift. Naturally this required LOTS of metal massaging and butchering. I'm not ready to go to that extent with my new toy, so I figured if I really want to be able to use it with 35's I would need some fender clearance. I flexed it out tonight with a forklift and can already stuff the fender with the sway bar disconnected.

I figured with so many Jeeps on the trails there must be something to it, so I'm gonna give it a go. Although it does seem odd to own something less than a week and already be cutting the factory control arm mounts off the frame! URE in 3 weeks, still lots of work to do!.

Mike
It's good to have you on board. It sounds like you have some good knowledge to bring to the forum.

4 linked DD on coilovers
Brian86992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #75715
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Well yesterday, but I went wheelin....
image-2020741919.jpg   image-3905741994.jpg   image-857314873.jpg  
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #75716
Redsand723

Made a new grille for my snorkel, and installed new door pin bushings
forumrunner_20121022_224010.jpg  
Redsand723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #75717
StuddMuffinz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
Well yesterday, but I went wheelin....
Fiiiiiinally...
Unread 10-23-2012, 04:08 AM   #75718
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX View Post
Didn't even leave my house today, gave the jeep a rest. I did work with my dad on some preliminary sketches of what the front and rear bumpers we are building will look like. Here are his sketches of the front (he is an engineer so his drawing skills are superior) let me know what you guys think, the round things are lights, and we may build a stinger to add to it

Attachment 494814
I am suspect of your father's claim of being an engineer. That doesn't look like a napkin from the local watering hole.
/Looks beefy
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #75719
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
Um...no.

Um...no.
LOL 18 year olds are such homophobes. It's ok Seth, we can be pals!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #75720
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards
I am suspect of your father's claim of being an engineer. That doesn't look like a napkin from the local watering hole.
/Looks beefy
Haha, well he works for a power company so he was happy to be drawing something other than power lines. Not too bad for a 2 minute sketch....much better than mine and that took me like 30 minutes....this was the drawing I sent him

image-2126298112.jpg
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.