Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#100,743 ·
Replaced the stock springs & Zone poly spacers with JK Rubicon rear springs & front OME springs from my previously owned JK. Kept the Zone shocks...I like it better without spring spacers. The Rubicon & OME springs from the JK netted me about 1/2" more than the BB.

#100,745 ·
It took a while but I just finished up the following: relocated upper coil mounts
installed a rear antirock
reversed the rear disc brakes
added the black magic e-brake cable mounts
designed and installed lower shock mounts
outboarded the shocks using F250 upper mounts
Installed 12" bilstein 5100 shocks
New tom woods driveshaft
Replaced the broken BDS springs
New metalcloak track bar
I would have finished it up quicker but knee surgery had me laid up for several months.
Can't wait to go try it out.
Need to do some trimming to get the 35's to fit and the 4.88's will be going in soon as well.

#100,747 ·
Cleaned the interior out. There was so much dust inside that sometimes things were getting in my eyes when I drove somewhere. Man it was dusty!

#100,752 ·
idiot magnet said:
It took a while but I just finished up the following: relocated upper coil mounts installed a rear antirock reversed the rear disc brakes added the black magic e-brake cable mounts designed and installed lower shock mounts outboarded the shocks using F250 upper mounts Installed 12" bilstein 5100 shocks New tom woods driveshaft Replaced the broken BDS springs New metalcloak track bar I would have finished it up quicker but knee surgery had me laid up for several months. Can't wait to go try it out. Need to do some trimming to get the 35's to fit and the 4.88's will be going in soon as well.
Good luck with the recovery!

#100,754 ·
Installed a new Blower motor relay yesterday. Now all the speeds work again.

Put in a pair of new Headlights. Went with Phillips Xtra visions, because the store was out of Silverstars...Still better than before.

Looked around for the reason why no air was coming out of the Panel vents. Found a vacuum line had fallen off one of the actuators under the dash. Works now, but only when i turn it to defrost first, then turn it back to panel. Whatever.

Ever since i bought the Jeep, the driver's side floor always gets soaking wet after a storm. So i got the trusty hose out and sprayed around. Nothing at first. Then i placed it right over the cowl vent to try and flood it. No leak there, either. Then i ran it on top of the roof towards the driver's side so the water would cascade over the driver's door: Bull's eye! The leak didn't start immediately, but when it started it was like river coming into the cab! It was coming in from the A pillar. Not sure how high it started but i actually saw water coming in at the seal where the window meets the tub. it was at the door end of the seal. It looks like a big, square block and the A pillar trim sits on top of it. I also noted that the plastic A pillar trim has this sticky foam strip on the one side. So i got out some black RTV silicone and filled in some places. Hopefully that did the trick. Will let you all know when it rains next or when i get time to stick the hose out.

#100,759 ·
My input shaft started screaming so I drained my transmission (ax5) for the first time, just got the jeep a month ago with 140k, there was gear oil in the trans :((( and metal shavings galore because of it, replaced with 10 30 and it is better but I know damage was done because my input shaft still screams...also how come my front driveshaft isn't balanced, is that a 97 thing or is a Frankenstein. Front pinion seal is shot because of that.