What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 501 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 08-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #7501
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
found that i have a broken tranny mount, axle seal and i need to replace my brakes
How'd you find out about the tranny mount? Occasionally if I'm slipping the clutch (i.e. starting from a stop) and let the RPMs get a little too high mine starts to shake like hell. But if I'm finessing the clutch while going over a rock or something on the trail (in 4LO) it doesn't shake...

2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:00 PM   #7502
03XJeep

Changed front and rear Diff oil and tightened all of the lift components and applied lock tight. I was tired of my Trak bar coming loose and giveing me death wobble.
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #7503
Samba242
2013 JK Wrangler 

Replaced the sealed beam headlights with IPF headlight housings and IPF X51 FatBoy bulbs. What a difference over the Silverstars and no comparison at all to the stockers!

2004 Jeep TJ Sport (Silver)
ProComp 2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, MT Classic II wheels, Warn M8000 winch
misc: tint, Rubi rocker guards, RE discos, poly bushings
Long gone.....miss it every day
Samba242 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:58 PM   #7504
bigjoe611
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Installed my bestop rear bumper and oversized spare tire carrier.

Last edited by bigjoe611; 08-29-2007 at 07:23 PM..
bigjoe611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #7505
AlTheKillerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG
How'd you find out about the tranny mount? Occasionally if I'm slipping the clutch (i.e. starting from a stop) and let the RPMs get a little too high mine starts to shake like hell. But if I'm finessing the clutch while going over a rock or something on the trail (in 4LO) it doesn't shake...

mines actually an auto but it shakes really bad from 0-30 and also while im idling. i thought it was just an exhaust mount till i actually took the time to look under it. i think the mount is only 50 bucks so thats not to bad. ill hopefully be able to use my buddies shop as well and do it myself rather than pay for labor but i need to get ahold of him first.
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #7506
TJJEEPER03

what i did

installed skyjacker dual shok steering stabilizer mad a huge difference with the bumps also miror relocation brackets and door entry gaurds
TJJEEPER03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #7507
StvDiego

Cleaned the inside

and after last weekend that was no small feat. It was Dirty. Replaced my broken driving light from the tree hit, finally aired back up from Saturday (how's that for lazy) and discovered that I have a lot more to fix, bummer
StvDiego is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #7508
silvergreentj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Chopped my txt bumper up to fit my ramsey as far back as she would go...

Low Life-87 slammed e30
silvergreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #7509
vegas TJ driver
Red Jeep Club Member #462

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tire carrier

Installed my Or-Fab tire/can carrier. Required modifying my lock box behind the back seat.
Had a hard time removing the hinge from the tailgate. Of course the allen head bolt stripped out. Attempted to drill and easy out but broke easy out. Ended up cutting head of bolt off with dremel and die grinder. Then simply put a pair of vise grips on the stud and it came right out. I also found that the tailgate is beginning to crack from the weight of the 33" spare hanging on the tailgate with an adapter to raise and move it out.
The Or-Fab tire can carrier can hold up to 200 lbs. Doing the math in my head I was not sure how close it was going to be. With a little research I discovered that gas weighs about 6.2 lbs/gal. The carrier will hold 2 jerry cans so that is a little over 30 lbs plus the cans. The spare tire weighs a whopping 73 lbs (according to my bathroom scale). With that info I should be okay to carry handyman jack if I decide I want to.
It went together pretty well I thought.
vegas TJ driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM   #7510
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

-Drilled and tapped a never used 8-ball i had lying around for years. Used the chrome collar from my crap chrome shift ball I had on for ONE DAY (too small for my hand) to dress it up abit.
-Took off the doors and plastic windows, and put on safari mirrors (WAYYYYYYYY TOO HOT TODAY FOR TOP DOWN!)

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Panici is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #7511
MickBurke
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Winch and lites:

http://picasaweb.google.com/MickBurk...46670013128450
MickBurke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #7512
Brice014
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBurke
take your end caps off!!!
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
ahhhh....finally 35's...but can't we all dream of 42" TSL's???? Body Cutting, Tube Fenders, Wheelbase Lengthening, 14 Bolts, Dana60s and Detroit Lockers...dreaming is nice, isn't it??????
Maybe one day...
Brice014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #7513
Sairys
2005 TJ Wrangler 

These past few days I've been working on setting up my CB antenna. Yesterday I got the mount up after work and after some consideration took the drill to the body, talk about painful first timer. The drilling went well though and ended up not even hurting the paint around the hole.

Today I came back to it all and fiddled with trying to tune the antenna, but after some screwing around figured that I'm not getting a good ground. The bolt that I drilled through the body is good to go, but the mount itself won't conduct. Now I realize that the paint insulates and tried to scratch it off, but haven't gotten deep enough yet.

Hopefully tomorrow after a half day at work I can get her tuned and running. I want to have it working right for the 9 hour drive I have from the Keweenaw down to Detroit, later that day. MMM how I love road trips in the jeep. It makes me happy on the inside.
Sairys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #7514
jeepskinc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fender flares came off last Sunday. Will be cleaning them up tonight in preparation for painting with Krylon Fusion this weekend. Three of the five AR62 Outlaw II wheels I have on order showed up yesterday. The other two wheels and Rubicon Express 2 inch BB should show up today or tomorrow. You can probably guess what my weekend plans are!
jeepskinc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #7515
CRAWLING 98
Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Going to pick up my new Dana 35 axle to replace my Corral Canyon Carnage broken axle. I can't afford the upgrade to D44 as yet but I need to get my, currently front wheel drive, Wrangler back on the trails.

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.