What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4995 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #74911
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I had to put the charger on my Crappy Optima Red Top. Its only 4 years old and started going down hill in the last 3 months.........Left work last night at midnight and the Temp had dropped down to about 48 and would hardly crank over. I had to charge it for about 2 hours this am before I left for work.
I think I'll start looking for a New Battery this week, Need to stay under $100, so whats everyones thoughts? I was looking at the Durracell from Sams for $83 or a Wally World one. Need some advice.

kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #74912
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
I had to put the charger on my Crappy Optima Red Top. Its only 4 years old and started going down hill in the last 3 months.........Left work last night at midnight and the Temp had dropped down to about 48 and would hardly crank over. I had to charge it for about 2 hours this am before I left for work.
I think I'll start looking for a New Battery this week, Need to stay under $100, so whats everyones thoughts? I was looking at the Durracell from Sams for $83 or a Wally World one. Need some advice.
Walmart battery starts my jeep everytime all the time.

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #74913
wranglerTX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just put the bilsteins on,
wranglerTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #74914
archdlux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ditto on the Walmart Maxx.
archdlux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #74915
catmechanic
2001 TJ Wrangler 

FYI - I work at a caterpillar dealer. Our batteries are a little pricy, but carry no pro rate. I have people bring them back every 3.5 years and get a new one.
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #74916
archdlux
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wrapped 100' of paracord around steering wheel grip. Cheap Leather was worn out years ago.
Feels pretty good, and it's there if you need it!
img_0642.jpg  
archdlux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #74917
raleighreefer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going with an Interstate Mega Tron plus. Heard really solid stuff about those batteries.
raleighreefer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #74918
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hope the get the site fixed soon
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #74919
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just confirmed a deal on a Wagoneer Dana 44 in Concord with brand new 4.88 gears, new master install kit, Lockrite locker and Warn locking hubs for $700.
Also just confirmed after a month and a half of waiting, my Superior 8.8 4.88 R&P have finally shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #74920
wwch99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhawk
If you have an Advanced Auto Parts near you can search online for discount codes and get a percentage of f your battery....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using JeepForum
wwch99tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #74921
Jason845
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I took the trumpet thingy off the airbox and installed a new paper air filter. It actually feels like it breathes a little better. Even if it is only in my head, it still only cost $9
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #74922
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason845 View Post
I took the trumpet thingy off the airbox and installed a new paper air filter. It actually feels like it breathes a little better. Even if it is only in my head, it still only cost $9
That trumpet thing keeps road spray out of the airbox. It is in your head and I'd put it back on or you're just going to go through filters faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #74923
hermantherugger
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Saturday and Sunday's work. Repaired the weld nuts in the frame and cut down, welded, and ground the front bumper. Also relocated the factory fogs. Turned out pretty nice!

image-2527151009.jpg  

Last edited by hermantherugger; 10-01-2012 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Evidently the iPhone app isn't working so hot...
hermantherugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 06:58 PM   #74924
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain

Walmart battery starts my jeep everytime all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archdlux
Ditto on the Walmart Maxx.
I have had trouble with almost every battery from Wally-World failing. I will never buy another battery from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighreefer
I'm going with an Interstate Mega Tron plus. Heard really solid stuff about those batteries.
Now Interstate makes some good batteries, been happy with every one I've ever bought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwch99tj

If you have an Advanced Auto Parts near you can search online for discount codes and get a percentage of f your battery....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using JeepForum
Be careful with Autozone batteries, the cheaper ones are crap, IMHO.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #74925
Jason845
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
That trumpet thing keeps road spray out of the airbox. It is in your head and I'd put it back on or you're just going to go through filters faster.
I get a new air filter every 3000 miles anyway, I'm not going to beat the Tj intake dead horse any more than the poor thing has already been beaten....

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.