What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4981 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 09-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #74701
johnrmclean
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Completed the blue LED dash swap...very cool
Then took off Eugene's long sleeves... time for some fender rust prevention, painting flair alterations, heavy duty rocker panels and a lift before the snow flies...

cimg4002.jpg  
98 TJ, 82 El Camino tactical support vehicle, 2001 supercharged S 2000, 1979 MGB 350 ci/400hp small block Chevy, 1947 Studebaker pick up/future Rat Ride, 2001 Sebring Convertible, 28' Baja Offsore, 2 seados and a 17' fishing boat...
johnrmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #74702
TwistedJeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just did a little rust prevention on the frame tonight nothing special. Ut glad to get it all done
TwistedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #74703
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

plast dipped my front grill area

duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #74704
chadito99

ok so for my birthday my parents are letting me bedline the inside of my jeep. i was wondering if it is easy to mess up or easier to get get a shop to do it. my parents said they would pay for it to be done if it is like 200-300 dollars more then buying the kit. i am sure there are threads about this but i dont have time to search with school and two jobs. any help is appreciated.
on topic just let it sit in the parking lot where i live all day.
chadito99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #74705
brplatz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadito99
ok so for my birthday my parents are letting me bedline the inside of my jeep. i was wondering if it is easy to mess up or easier to get get a shop to do it. my parents said they would pay for it to be done if it is like 200-300 dollars more then buying the kit. i am sure there are threads about this but i dont have time to search with school and two jobs. any help is appreciated.
If you don't have time to search then you probably don't have time to do it

Did it on a weekend. Friday pulled the innards, prep and paint Saturday and Sunday, and reinstall Sunday/monday

[QUOTE=mrblaine;14089403]That's like saying you wish your boyfriend was a bit less gay.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.nmoffroad.com"][COLOR="DarkRed"]NMOffroad[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.overland-motorsports.com/"][COLOR="Gray"]Overland Motorsports[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/brplatzs-tj-opv-1240947/#post13888971"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
brplatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #74706
bedtime
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Installed the new stainless precats/cat assembly. I'm getting too old for this. But now I've got a good grip on what's going on underneath.
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #74707
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brplatz

If you don't have time to search then you probably don't have time to do it

Did it on a weekend. Friday pulled the innards, prep and paint Saturday and Sunday, and reinstall Sunday/monday
x2
I did all my prep Friday night, started painting early Saturday, and reinstalled everything I wanted to Sunday morning. It looks great, I may have a spot or two that aren't as covered as the rest, but it cost maybe $80 for supplies and I got the satisfaction of doing it myself and it turning out great. The only ways to screw up are to not rough up the surface enough so the lining doesn't stick well, in which case you have to sand down and start over...or you could spill bedlined on the outside of your beautiful jeep...in which case you will cry, scream, and probably cry some more if it doesn't come off. Good luck
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #74708
VME
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBluE View Post
I'll pm you when I get one. Jeep got hut hard up front today on the way home. :/
Thats not good. Hope all is well
VME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #74709
TwistedJeeper
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadito99 View Post
It's not a hard thing to do but take your time with the prep thats the biggest thing. Took me about a weekend or so to do. So if your that busy you'll need to make time
TwistedJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #74710
yabo71
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw
looks good.

Noticeable improvement, would you say?

I was incorrect earlier, I was looking at the KCs. Didn't see rampage in the catalogue, but hope to be browsing their site tomorrow.
I love the new lights big improvement....

On a different note I was tired of my mirrors working loose and not being able to tighten the torx screws so I replaced the. With m5 .80 bolts so I could tighten them....
image-439015750.jpg  
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #74711
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo71 View Post
I love the new lights big improvement....
cool, thanks a ton for the info ...I think I am going with the KC, which looks to be similar, except they got a little glow in the dark logo on there
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #74712
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJaw

cool, thanks a ton for the info ...I think I am going with the KC, which looks to be similar, except they got a little glow in the dark logo on there
Read the reviews on the KC, I almost went with those to for that same reason but I heard the glow in the dark thing doesn't work...would have been really cool though. I bought rugged ridge version of those rampage lights for about $80 from the local 4x4 store, they work great. 10x better than stock

OT: while prepping for my trip to the mountains this weekend, I tested the 4WH and 4WL just around the neighborhood this morning (I know it's not good to use on pavement, but I only drove like 1/10 mile) and discovered that it makes a ton of noise in 4wD. I got out and checked Ujoints, and front driveshaft Ujoint has a lot of play in it. Guess I'll take it to a shop to see what they charge...if its too much I'll just drive it home and get my dad to help....fun fun
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #74713
SlackJaw
baby jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJeepOrDiexX View Post
Read the reviews on the KC, I almost went with those to for that same reason but I heard the glow in the dark thing doesn't work...would have been really cool though. I bought rugged ridge version of those rampage lights for about $80 from the local 4x4 store, they work great. 10x better than stock
ahh, cool, thanks for the info! + maybe I'll go check my local as well
SlackJaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:20 AM   #74714
oracle_man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedJeeper View Post
Just did a little rust prevention on the frame tonight nothing special. Ut glad to get it all done
What does this entail? The underside of my jeep needs some TLC
oracle_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #74715
Mlehnert85
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTex View Post
Installed my new Metal Cloak Front Aluminum Bumper. I like that it is modular, so I can keep adding to it (secretly from the wifey). A small stinger coming next. Then some tow mounts, winch plate, etc...
No need to waste money on a winch plate...it's integrated into the bumper...just bolt it on!!
'06 TJ 42RLE, 3" Currie Front Springs, 2.25" Rear Budget Boost, 1.25" BL, 1" MML, 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's, 32x11.5 Wild Country XTX Sport, Besttop Safari Top, Besttop Tonneau Cover, Hella 500 Driving Lights, Herculiner Interior, MetalCloak Front Bumper........Blue Jeep Member #365
Mlehnert85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.