Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#99,602 ·
OsteKuste said:
Not really the Jeep, but my desk area in my shop where I work on my Jeep addiction. Got the print from Kaiser Willys, and the letters from a hobby supply store.
Martha Stewart approves. Very cool

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.

#99,608 ·
Finished changing out the leaky RMS and oil pan gasket. Installed 2- 4.5" Raxiom lights on the front bumper and the 12K Barricade winch.

Oh and I wirebrushed and rust treated some surface rust I saw on the frame while I had the skid plate down.

#99,616 ·
#99,617 ·
View attachment 1587986

Original motor, tranny, transfer case and axles. I am second owner, only 6000 miles from me.
Man, and I managed to kill the factory NV3550 in 60,000, only about 15,000 from me. Then I killed NV3550 #2 in about 250. NV3550 #3 is doing great though.

OT: Today I cleaned it up (no wash, just detailer and other cleaners), overfilled/spewed at the gas station, and had to go back to the apartment to re-Back-to-Black the flare. Gas took a little more Krylon off. Then drove it FWD 2 1/2 hrs home so I can rebuild the rear driveshaft (had the parts sitting in my closet for a while) and install some other goodies, plus go to a big concert tomorrow.

Some of the packages I came home to.

#99,619 ·
sjones26573 said:
Man, and I managed to kill the factory NV3550 in 60,000, only about 15,000 from me. Then I killed NV3550 #2 in about 250. NV3550 #3 is doing great though. OT: Today I cleaned it up (no wash, just detailer and other cleaners), overfilled/spewed at the gas station, and had to go back to the apartment to re-Back-to-Black the flare. Gas took a little more Krylon off. Then drove it FWD 2 1/2 hrs home so I can rebuild the rear driveshaft (had the parts sitting in my closet for a while) and install some other goodies, plus go to a big concert tomorrow. Some of the packages I came home to. http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/sjones26573/media/Mobile Uploads/1409943681_zpsf45cbd7f.jpg.html
Man, nothing beats a FWD jeep. Lol. Oil changes every 3000 miles and the PO maintained everything. Was his DD. Wheel bearings need to b done, hoping that is what it is, able to move wheels in and out a decent amount.