Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  OldJeepBum 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#99,542 ·
Matt Graham said:
Decided my rear diff cover needed some attention before jeepfest next weekend. Here is the before:

Here is the after:

Poison Spyder doesn't make a diff cover for the 8.8 so I used a decal to match the front. I'm sure it won't last long but it'll look good for a little while.
I'll be heading to Jeep Fest too I'll be in light Kaki LJ Rubicon

#99,550 ·
Pulled the cage out last week to Raptor Line the bed - thought I would do some work on the stock cage while I had it out. I'm slowly getting the TJ ready for some expedition road trips in the future (US to South America), and want some more storage space. Stripped them down to bear metal, welded some 1/4" flat bar between the cage tubes with some holes drilled into them so I could later do some custom bracketry/shelving/toolbox storage, then tossed on a few coats of Majic tractor/tool/implement enamel. Although now I'm thinking I would really love to have the option of taking the doors off while on the trip - which I couldnt really do with full steel doors (where would I put them). Maybe with half-doors I could make custom mounts to store the lowers against these flat bar rails.....who knows.

$10 HVLP gun from Harbor Freight rocked.

Attachments

#99,554 ·
got 5 fans blowing on it with all the carpets peeled back and held up due to last nights ride home in a frog-strangling downpour...

maybe keep it from becoming "Super Jeep" ^^^^^
Haha! The guy said he was going to restore it over the winter. Dennis from Fast N Loud contacted him trying to buy it off him. Last one sold for $130,000 restored. The guy said he was going to keep it

#99,555 ·
got 5 fans blowing on it with all the carpets peeled back and held up due to last nights ride home in a frog-strangling downpour...

maybe keep it from becoming "Super Jeep" ^^^^^
Hahahahaha!!! My carpests are pulled, but I may be in for the same thing for the ride home from work here in about 30 minutes!!!

Wish me luck. A 40 minute ride home, but I am not scared. I have a squeegee for the inside of the windshield!!!

#99,559 ·
Haha! The guy said he was going to restore it over the winter. Dennis from Fast N Loud contacted him trying to buy it off him. Last one sold for $130,000 restored. The guy said he was going to keep it
no kidding, I didn't research it, thought it all looked like hand painted / someones mod... now I gotta see one. $130k, for a jeep. some of us have probably put that much into them, but who would pay that much for one?? :rofl::rofl::rofl: ;)

old dogs can learn new tricks...... interesting and brief synopsis on the Super Jeep!

http://www.superjeep.info/index.html