What did you do to your TJ today? - Page 4974 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > What did you do to your TJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #74596
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not quire done, but Im finally rewiring my aux lighting. I had about 6 or 7 ring connectors on the battery... looked a little bad.

Also, doing the headlight relay mod at the same time.

EDIT:

Also hoping I get a callback about a job I applied for. Clearing $3000k+ a month would be SO nice compared to what Im making now. I could buy twice as much jeep stuff!

Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #74597
thenewguy21
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mobil 1 oil change, wash, and painted my d ring. Oh yeah and took this!
image-4280741010.jpg  
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #74598
sikencide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGCUJeeper View Post
The insurance thing makes sense. I don't know why they just didn't use something that plugged into the OBDII. Seems easier than tapping into the stock wires behind the dash.
Progressive has a thing that plugs into the OBDII port.
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #74599
johnrmclean
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The insurance thing makes sense. I don't know why they just didn't use something that plugged into the OBDII. Seems easier than tapping into the stock wires behind the dash.
I sent a pic of it to a friend of mine who was a Jeep electrical engineer at Chrysler to see if he can tell me what it is....
98 TJ, 82 El Camino tactical support vehicle, 2001 supercharged S 2000, 1979 MGB 350 ci/400hp small block Chevy, 1947 Studebaker pick up/future Rat Ride, 2001 Sebring Convertible, 28' Baja Offsore, 2 seados and a 17' fishing boat...
johnrmclean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #74600
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

On the trails my jeep threw the code P0122 for TPS sensor. The check eng. light went off though I'll do the sensor and clean out the manifold I suppose.

On a happy note. I found a guy that will make me a stubby front stinger with d rings for 150$ shipped.
LittleBluE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #74601
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBluE
On the trails my jeep threw the code P0122 for TPS sensor. The check eng. light went off though I'll do the sensor and clean out the manifold I suppose.

On a happy note. I found a guy that will make me a stubby front stinger with d rings for 150$ shipped.
Who is making that deal???

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #74602
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I was installing led's into my dash and found this. I'm not really sure what it is but it's hardwired into something.

Here is what I found:

http://www.telit.com/en/products.php...p_ac=show&p=11
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #74603
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am thinking it was for something that wasn't suppose to be messed with... for example a lo-Jack system, or an ignition breathalyzer
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #74604
johnrmclean
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
interesting but still can figure out what it actually does???
98 TJ, 82 El Camino tactical support vehicle, 2001 supercharged S 2000, 1979 MGB 350 ci/400hp small block Chevy, 1947 Studebaker pick up/future Rat Ride, 2001 Sebring Convertible, 28' Baja Offsore, 2 seados and a 17' fishing boat...
johnrmclean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #74605
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrmclean View Post
interesting but still can figure out what it actually does???
I **think** it is just a generic circuit board, that could be used in many ways and is sold to be used as part of other electronic systems for example maybe part of a lo-jack system or something of this nature.
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #74606
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
No kidding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 12:32 PM   #74607
LittleBluE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain

Who is making that deal???
Search jeep tj front bumper on ebay
LittleBluE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #74608
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Not quire done, but Im finally rewiring my aux lighting. I had about 6 or 7 ring connectors on the battery... looked a little bad.

Also, doing the headlight relay mod at the same time.

EDIT:

Also hoping I get a callback about a job I applied for. Clearing $3000k+ a month would be SO nice compared to what Im making now. I could buy twice as much jeep stuff!
No word on that job yet (supposed to get a callback today :/) and I got my foglights and windshield lights rewired. I originally ran 14 gauge to the relay for the fogs, so I put in 12 gauge instead. Its starting to look a lot better, and easier to work with .

Just gotta still do the headlights (that may wait a bit) and hook a relay up to my reverse lights (I know, Im putting one in!).
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #74609
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Drove it to the bank to sign some dispute papers. Someone in North Georgia used my account to pay their utility bill...that was $100. Strange that it was an Alabama Power bill that was payed using a non Regions ATM in North Georgia. Apparently it was pin based so I had to close that account, make a new one, and get a new card and pin number.

I'm still wondering how someone could have done that. I have my card with me at all times. Now I'm out $100 until they put it back in my account hopefully sometime this week.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #74610
XxJeepOrDiexX
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep

I **think** it is just a generic circuit board, that could be used in many ways and is sold to be used as part of other electronic systems for example maybe part of a lo-jack system or something of this nature.
According to the description it fits the 2G/3G idea the other member mentioned, I was thinking maybe it was some sort of relay device to relay real-time engine stats such as gas mileage etc...which I guess it still could be, maybe using 2G to do it?
XxJeepOrDiexX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
modifications , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.